Table for 2

Are there any tables for 2 in the dining room? When we booked we were asked if we preferred a small or large table. We said small, but was told that that is for 4 people. We had a table for 2 on our last cruise (CCL) and loved it! I tried to do a search for this topic, but the page just kept coming up blank.

We will be on the Radiance of the Seas in December. Thanks!

Are there any tables for 2 in the dining room? When we booked we were asked if we preferred a small or large table. We said small, but was told that that is for 4 people. We had a table for 2 on our last cruise (CCL) and loved it! I tried to do a search for this topic, but the page just kept coming up blank.

Creolegirl-There are tables for 2,but the huge Voyager class ships only have about 10-12 tables for 2 in the entire 3 level dining room!! So the other poster was right-as soon as you get on,go to the maitre'D and request a table for 2...if you are celebrating ANYTHING,it might help saying it..if not,they will put you on a waiting list for a table for 2,and like us on the RCL AOS,we got a table after 3 nights at a table for 6.......good luck!

Big Al

How common are tables of 4 on the Voyageur class ships? We are travelling with another couple and had specified to our TA that we'd prefer a small table, but I don't know what our chances are for getting a table for 4.

Donna

Hi Creole Girl,

There are not too many tables for 2 in the dining room. As you know, we are on the same cruise as you. We are booked for late seating, at a large table. We have enjoyed conversing and meeting with all of our tablemates on just about every cruise we have been on.

Nan

Thank you for your replies. On our first cruise we were at a table for eight and we did not enjoy it that much. We like to talk to people and find out about similar interest or their take on things, but some people are simply not that into conversation. I respect that. There is no law saying they have to talk to me. On our last cruise we ate breakfast one morning with a group of 8 and had a wonderful conversation. So much so that we almost missed our excursion :o . We will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary and my DH's birthday and would just like a little privacy. Maybe we will get a great group to eat with for breakfast.

we have always requested a table for two when we book our cruise but when we got on the ship were disappointed that our request was not honored. However, we would see the Maitre D as soon as he was available and we were always given our table for 2. let's hope our luck holds out next month:o . Good luck.

We have always preferred a table for two. This gives us time to catch up on everything and have a nice quiet dinner each night for a whole week.

On our last cruise on the Empress, we were assigned a large table---we went to the dining room after the muster drill and requested a table for two--we were told that we would be given an answer the following day.

We figured we'd give our large table a try, and if not, switch to Portofino's for a few nights. After one night, I was ready to go to a small table. One woman at our table was never happy----sent back one meal--waiter graciously brought her a second meal---she didn't like that and sent that back too. In the meantime, all of us are sitting there, waiting for her to finish her third dinner. None of us were given a dessert menu until she got done--she basically held all of us up. We were the last table to leave the dining room

Archived