Can you order other than what is on the room srv. menu??

rosie40

I thought I had read somewhere here in a "little known cruise tips" thread that you can order whatever they are serving in the dining room rather than just the limited room srv. menu selections. Anyone know if that is a fact?? Does that apply to b-fast and dinner? If so, I sure wish I had known that before!

You can request something that's not on the menu--we have done that for breakfast. They offer "pastries" but it didn't include croissant--so I asked, and they delivered! You can't get lobster tails, or the filet, but almost anything else they will make an effort.

Now, that being said, it's much more enjoyable to just go to the dining room, than to deal with trays and multiple plates and packets of condiments, etc... in a small space like a cabin! That way, you're served, AND cleaned up after! With room service, yes, you can leave everything where it lays, but YUCK!!!--the room is a mess! If you're like me and can't stand dirty plates lying around, then you have to straighten it up! Hey--I'm on vacation!!!!

You can request something that's not on the menu--we have done that for breakfast. They offer "pastries" but it didn't include croissant--so I asked, and they delivered! You can't get lobster tails, or the filet, but almost anything else they will make an effort.

Now, that being said, it's much more enjoyable to just go to the dining room, than to deal with trays and multiple plates and packets of condiments, etc... in a small space like a cabin! That way, you're served, AND cleaned up after! With room service, yes, you can leave everything where it lays, but YUCK!!!--the room is a mess! If you're like me and can't stand dirty plates lying around, then you have to straighten it up! Hey--I'm on vacation!!!!

I totally agree with you. We absolutely look forward to the dining experience "out". However, with no kids in tow this time around I'm also looking forward to just going with the flow. If we happen to decide last minute that we don't feel like putting ourselves together for the dining room and would like to have dinner on the balcony instead, it would be great to have additional options rather than the typical burger offerings. You know?

I totally agree with you. We absolutely look forward to the dining experience "out". However, with no kids in tow this time around I'm also looking forward to just going with the flow. If we happen to decide last minute that we don't feel like putting ourselves together for the dining room and would like to have dinner on the balcony instead, it would be great to have additional options rather than the typical burger offerings. You know?

WE did that once...went to the Windjammer...got soup, salad , main course. Brought it back to the balcony with a bottle of wine and called it a day!

They usually have about the same offerings in the Windjammer as what is on the menu.

You can order from the dining room menu for that day during the dining room hours for that meal.

Which means the meals have to come during the normal dinning room hours. This can be done for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. I have even had the dining room waiter order room service for me for later from the menu.

Archived