Please tell us about "Jewel"

GldnRm01

My wife and i are doing the 8 night eastern cruise (San Juan, Puerto Rico; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; St. Johns, Antigua; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Nassau, Bahamas) on the Jewel of the Seas.

We've were on the Mariner this summer (Philipsburg, St. Maarten & Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas) and were excited being on a big ship. The Jewel is smaller and we don't know much about her. We've been on the Carnival Glory & the Princess Grand - about the same size. Carnival Glory was a disappointment - Princess Grand was about our best cruise ever. Any suggestions or feedback on your experience on the Jewel?

Also any ideas on what would be reccommended excursions for St. Johns, San Juan, and Nassau?

Thank You!

that is what Radiance Class is noted for. From any floor all the glass, the elevators which have an amazing ride seeing the sea from deck 4 to 12, but we didn't want to hog the space. Chairs on 4 are very comfy to sit & watch the sea. Many with Ipods were enjoying themselves too.

We are currently in Bermuda aboard the beautiful Jewel of the Seas and it is our fourth time on this, our favorite ship. Food, service, entertainment - everything about this ship is wonderful, especially the great crepes in the Solarium. We were on the Freedom a few weeks ago and enjoyed it, but don't feel at all deprived by being on the smaller Jewel now. And seriously 91,000 GRT is definitely not small except in comparison to the Voyager and Freedom class ships. You should love your time onboard. Everyone who works onboard has a smile and a greeting for you whenever you encounter them.

We just went on the New England cruise on the Jewel on 10/21. It's an absolutely lovely ship. All the glass, all the attention to detail, you will love it!

I have so many pictures with nobody else around, it was amazing. The way they have the seating in groups is cozy and comfortable. There are seating areas everywhere...and all with views out from them. We liked the Schooner Bar decor a lot. The wood working in the decorations (boats) are beautiful.

The staff was wonderful, the food great. Would I book on the Jewel again? Yes...in fact I did. Leaving January 13th :D

Thank you very much for the comments and the pictures!

i think we are going to have good cruise. Sounds like we won't be missing anything even though we were looking at going on the Freedom or one of the Vayager class ships

Thank you very much for the comments and the pictures!

i think we are going to have good cruise. Sounds like we won't be missing anything even though we were looking at going on the Freedom or one of the Vayager class ships

May I ask when you're going on the Jewel? We're booked for that itinerary from 2/10-2/18/07 and there is a CC group going to be on her that week. If that's when you're going please drop by the roll call thread (Follow the link in my signature below) and meet us all! If not, have fun and enjoy what sounds to be a beautiful ship! (this will be my first RCCL cruise and I'm very excited to see her in person now especially now that I've seen many pics of her):)

We are also on the 2-10-07 Jewell!!! We are traveling with about 15 close friends. We have the aft cabins on deck 10!!!! Yea, our first aft voyage. There are three of us couples celebrating 07 as our 25 year wedding anniversaries.

Kim

We are also on the 2-10-07 Jewell!!! We are traveling with about 15 close friends. We have the aft cabins on deck 10!!!! Yea, our first aft voyage. There are three of us couples celebrating 07 as our 25 year wedding anniversaries.

Kim

That's great Kim!! Please join our roll call thread (link in my signature below)!! We have mostly cabins on deck 9. We also have a seperate website for all of those cruising with us and one of our group members made maps with pictures and arrows to everyone's cabin so we can all find each other-we'd love to add your group!:)

I can't wait for embarkation day!!!!!!!!!!:D

Kim

Hey Kim, definitely come join us on the Roll Call (you can follow the link in my signature as well). We have a fun group sailing onboard and we'd love to get to know you and your group.

Hi GldnRm01

Having never cruised her, or any other ship for that matter, I can't tell you anything first-hand. I can tell you what reviews have mentioned, and it's all great so far! BTW, when are you cruising?

Cheers, Laurent

P.S. I hope you don't mind me using this thread to communicate with Sigafoos

Hi Kim!

Nice to see more CCers on this cruise. This is my first cruise, so you'll have to forgive my enthusiasm.

You might want to look into this: we're planning a day cruise in St Maarten/Martin. We have just under the minimum number for a charter, and we have room for more people. If you're curious, you can check out www.lordsheffield.com

We have someone organizing the day cruise. One of the benefits of a charter is we can make small changes as a group, such as how long we stay at one location verses another, etc... Plus: it's our ship for the day! The cost per person varies from $69.00/person to $47.00/person, including tips. Pretty reasonable, compared to other cruises.

On another note: part of our group are looking for "group status" with RCI. I understand that it has to do with people that book directly through RCI, and that they get extra perks/discounts/ whatever. This said, if in your group of 15 close friends, their are some that booked directly through RCI, I'm positive that would be great news to a few of our fellow cruisers. My DW and I won the cruise in a contest, so we can't get any better discount than FREE! Well, they could pay us... Imagine that: being a professional cruiser. Hmmmm... If you got to be popular, various cruise lines would be competing for your "business"! hehe!:rolleyes:

Well, welcome Kim to you and your brood!:D

BTW, one of our group has an Aft cabin on Deck 10.

Cheers,

Laurent

We sailed the Jewel this past April and she is beautiful! The staff and service was great and we had an all around wonderful time! We sailed the Mariner the year before and I was worried about size too, but it didn't bother me one bit. We loved the Jewel!

Have fun! :)

We had a wonderful time on the Freedom last month with our kids and grandkids. It was a great family vacation. However, our preference for the Radiance class ships, especially the Jewel of the Seas, was confirmed by our more recent repositioning cruise on Jewel from Boston to Fort Lauderdale. IMHO- perfect size, wonderfull crew, food and service. I really enjoy the solariums on these ships compared to those on Voyager and Freedom class ships and the way that you remain connected to the ocean and the scenery with glass just about everywhere. Voyager and Freedom ships draw you inside the ship and away from anything that might remind you that you are at sea. While there are some great features on those ships, I found little lacking on the Jewel and had a most remarkable 12 nights with the Rowdy group and others on this cruise.:)

We had a wonderful time on the Freedom last month with our kids and grandkids. It was a great family vacation. However, our preference for the Radiance class ships, especially the Jewel of the Seas, was confirmed by our more recent repositioning cruise on Jewel from Boston to Fort Lauderdale. IMHO- perfect size, wonderfull crew, food and service. I really enjoy the solariums on these ships compared to those on Voyager and Freedom class ships and the way that you remain connected to the ocean and the scenery with glass just about everywhere. Voyager and Freedom ships draw you inside the ship and away from anything that might remind you that you are at sea. While there are some great features on those ships, I found little lacking on the Jewel and had a most remarkable 12 nights with the Rowdy group and others on this cruise.:)

Welcome back Bill :D

Even though we were originally scheduled for the same cruise you just returned from, my family and I had a FANTASTIC time on the five nighter to Bermuda. While we were leaving the ship on the 31st, I was thinking about all you!

###

Archived