Guarantees and Air Info

jmcancruise

Booked reunion cruise on Valor Sept 07. There was a 1 cat. upgrade. We booked a 6a and got 6b. They also gave us a room assignment. Could we have just gotten a guarantee and perhaps still have gotten a further upgrade. If so do you think it would still be possible. Also they booked air for us. When would we expect to see flight info so we can book hotels. We booked though our TA

Despite what you may read here, upgrades are not as common as you would think. If you are happy with your 6b keep it.

If you booked air through Carnival, and a hotel is required, they will book that as well. Usually though they fly you in the day of. Flight info will come with your docs approx 30 days before the cruise.

to fly in the day before you will have to buy an air diviation which costs about 50 more pp.

Have you checked flights to see how much it would cost if you did it yourself..and fly in the day before.. and not before 1pm the day of debarkation??

that way you can control the flights.

You wont know your flights til like 30 days before your cruise. More then likly you will have stopovers..maybe more then 1.

well, i believe you only pay the deviation if you choose to fly in early or leave late. in our case, carnival are flying us in from canada a day early, we are paying no deviation. Also, the hotel is included with your air price, if air is thru carnival, and they will also book that.

well, i believe you only pay the deviation if you choose to fly in early or leave late. in our case, carnival are flying us in from canada a day early, we are paying no deviation. Also, the hotel is included with your air price, if air is thru carnival, and they will also book that.

All transfers as well Airport=>Hotel=>Port.

HOtel is covered with that huge price of air fare that the cruiselines charge???

Well dang-- It would have been cheaper for me to book cruiselines airfare but the guy told me i was gonna pay almsot 200pp for the hotel.

Archived