Super Bowl Sunday Cruise

mealeyrlee

:confused: We've scheduled a cruise that leaves out of Miami on Super Bowl Sunday. We are flying in from Cleveland (yes, I know this is as close to a Super Bowl as we will probably ever get), and have been told AFTER we scheduled and paid our deposit that there are NO transfers from any of the airports to the ship on that day because of the Super Bowl. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions? We are actually going to fly in to Tampa on Friday and had planned to drive to Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood airport to drop off our rental car on Sunday and then take the ship transfer from there. Are we being jerked around?

Randi

Howdy Randi!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum! 04.gif

Thank you so very much for your inquiry concerning airport transfers. However, you have posted on the forum where members find the "How to ..." type of information for using Cruise Critic's software. It is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek is off topic here. 05.gif

Per our Guidelines and to help you out, I am moving your thread to the North American Homeports - East Coast Departures Forum where it will be on topic. Your fellow Cruise Critic members will be able to help you there.

Also, I suggest you read FAQ and Guidelines on the blue bar above. Especially the "Getting Started" section in FAQ. That's where you will see how a new topic should be consistent with the specific forum you choose. Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php for the list of all the Cruise Critic forums. Be sure to read all Announcement and Sticky threads too. They are located at the top of the various forums and will contain lots of additional information.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

:confused: We've scheduled a cruise that leaves out of Miami on Super Bowl Sunday. We are flying in from Cleveland (yes, I know this is as close to a Super Bowl as we will probably ever get), and have been told AFTER we scheduled and paid our deposit that there are NO transfers from any of the airports to the ship on that day because of the Super Bowl. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions? We are actually going to fly in to Tampa on Friday and had planned to drive to Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood airport to drop off our rental car on Sunday and then take the ship transfer from there. Are we being jerked around? Randi

Randi, I don't think your being jerked around. All bets are off for everything in Miami on Superbowl weekend.

I'd recommend renting from an agency in Tampa that has offices in downtown Miami (ie.Avis). You can drop off at the downtown location and grab a cab if needed for the 5 minute ride to the port. I would avoid MIA or FLL at all costs on Superbowl weekend. Expect delays on the highways, allow extra time for everything, it's going to be a zoo.

I agree with Bequia....South Florida is going to be

a madhouse for the entire week leading up to Superbowl

Sunday.

I am in Jacksonville and the SuperBowl was here 2 years ago.

Every type of business triples in size...especially the

service industry.

You need to make sure you leave Tampa early.

Even if you have to sit in the Port for a long time, I would

not chance the amount of traffic you will hit.

The game never starts till 6:30ish pm Eastern Time with lots

and LOTS of pre-game parties.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise:)

Archived