How Will They Identify Us As Diamond Members If We Have E-docs?

We are sailing the Freedom on 11/12. Do not have luggage tags as we have e-docs. Figured when we get to pier we would fill out tags. Anyone done this before? We booked this cruise 18 months ago on board the NOS. We transfered the cruise to a TA that we had used once before (had some problems with that booking but it wad due to her having been in a terrible accident and she was a sole owner so we dealt with issues with the cruise line, NCCL, their reps were very helpful). After we transfered the booking I could never get in touch with her, she didn't return our calls or respond to our emails. I finally got in touch with the large online booking company that I guess sponsored her and they transfered our booking to another of their agents, (who was very helpful and professional). But, we received e-docs and now I don't know how we will ever get priorty boarding and my husband said he misses the luggage tags. We booked a JS hump. Any suggestions?

In your e-docs you have a sample of your luggage tag, when you get to the port, you fill out a tag that looks exactly like what's in your e-docs. They know by the cabin number that you have a JS. The porter will be taking your luggage before you go in to check in so he doesn't care if you're on deck 2 or deck 10. Once inside, they'll take your word for it when they ask "what deck" you can say then, Junior Suite, or diamond C & A, or got set sail pass, etc and they'll direct you to the SHORTEST line. Why sit for priority boarding if there's a ton of platinum and diamond's boarding (or suites) when the Set Sail pass line is empty??!!!!

Exactly! The porter's don't give a whit where your room is or what your "status" is! If you're booked in a suite or are otherwise eligible, then get in the proper check-in line! That's all there is to it! Being a diamond, you should know that!

Your C&A numbers and status will be shown on your e-docs just like in the paper docs. Look at the main page that has your names listed and you'll see this info... Also, you should call your TA and request they send you pre-printed bag tags. I have this stock and print tags for clients that have e-docs.

My DH printed all the docs and I just now looked at them. There is a sample for the luggage tags, I knew if I asked someone would know. DH probably knew this already, I have OCD and so I worry about every little thing. Good thing he is in charge.

This is our first D cruise. We just qualified this past April. And of course we gave the LA our C&A #s. I was just excited to get that far, as I like the coupons. Although I am new to posting, I have been reading these boards for the past 4 years. I just forget the answers sometimes.

Thanks for the suggestions and help.

Archived