40 Days 40 Free Cruises from NCL

shoreguy

I'm one of the winners. I got the call in the morning, my caller ID said Norwegian Cruise Lines.

They posted my name as a winner the day before, so I never saw it posted. I only found out it was posted because I googled it and found

my way to this board.

So... thanks!!!

This will be my first cruise. I'm going to take my daughter with me because she'll be going off to college next year and this will be a wonderful gift for her.

I'm a total newbie about cruises, so I guess I'll be scouring this site for tips. :)

I am interested to know- How did you hear about the cruise to enter if you never cruised before? Like I said before most of these cruises will go to people who have never cruise NCL before. Congratulations - I am still hoping for a chance -

Do you think I have a better chance of winning a cruise OR getting an upsell on the 2/16 sailing the Pearl ( when it is almost sold out)??????

I am interested to know- How did you hear about the cruise to enter if you never cruised before? Like I said before most of these cruises will go to people who have never cruise NCL before. Congratulations - I am still hoping for a chance -

Do you think I have a better chance of winning a cruise OR getting an upsell on the 2/16 sailing the Pearl ( when it is almost sold out)??????

To answer your first question, we have some friends that had taken a cruise to Alaska, and they said it was amazing. I started searching for Alaska cruises and happened upon the Norwegian Cruise Line site. I saw that they were giving away 40 cruises, but I never thought I'd win one.

To answer your second question, well...I can't because I don't understand it. What's an upsell? :confused:

To answer your first question, we have some friends that had taken a cruise to Alaska, and they said it was amazing. I started searching for Alaska cruises and happened upon the Norwegian Cruise Line site. I saw that they were giving away 40 cruises, but I never thought I'd win one.

To answer your second question, well...I can't because I don't understand it. What's an upsell? :confused:

Congrats Judy,

An upsell is when NCL contacts you and offers you a better cabin but at a price. The easiest formula has been half the going rate per person for the cabin being offered minus what you have paid.

Dave

My second question if I had a better chance of winning a cruise or getting my upsell on 2/16 for the Pearl- was a joke among the other CC members.

Congratulations again.

I'm one of the winners. I got the call in the morning, my caller ID said Norwegian Cruise Lines.

They posted my name as a winner the day before, so I never saw it posted. I only found out it was posted because I googled it and found

my way to this board.

So... thanks!!!

This will be my first cruise. I'm going to take my daughter with me because she'll be going off to college next year and this will be a wonderful gift for her.

I'm a total newbie about cruises, so I guess I'll be scouring this site for tips. :)

Congratulations! th_jumpingbunny.gif

my way to this board.

So... thanks!!!

What a wonderful introduction to cruising and to these boards. Congratulations.:) Seek and ask for all the info you want. We will have live posting as the Pearl sails her first cruise next month. Join our own Shoreguy and his bunch as they reveal the ship's secrets and beauty to all still waiting for our sail date to approach. :D

Again congratulations, :)

<now it is my turn to win>

Problems this morning with the Happy Birthday Web Site. First I see a typo. The question says:

You will never miss the ship because of a lite flight, missed connection or other travel delay.

What it should say is:

You will never miss the ship because of a late flight, missed connection or other travel delay.

Then when I tried to answer the question and submit it, a crazy page comes up with something like:

Error Occurred While Processing Request Error Executing Database Query.

[Macromedia][sqlServer JDBC Driver][sqlServer]Could not allocate space for object 'ncl40_entries' in database 'NCL' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full.

We'll see how long this takes to fix. Its 5:37 am now.

Problems this morning with the Happy Birthday Web Site. First I see a typo. The question says:

You will never miss the ship because of a lite flight, missed connection or other travel delay.

What it should say is:

You will never miss the ship because of a late flight, missed connection or other travel delay.

Then when I tried to answer the question and submit it, a crazy page comes up with something like:

[Macromedia][sqlServer JDBC Driver][sqlServer]Could not allocate space for object 'ncl40_entries' in database 'NCL' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full.

Yeah, I got the same thing...keep trying, I guess!

What it should say is:

Still broken at 7:21a.m.

I'm guessing it won't get looked-at until tomorrow.

Well, obviously, I'm not alone in my confusion with the Happy Birthday Site.

Must mean that we are all winners, and their data base will not compute so many names at one time.

Let's begin the Roll Call right now!!

Carole-Anne Bowers - What did you do???????? CONGRATULATIONS

Hopefully they'll extend it one day once they see the problem.

Disaster, that's what it is, a disaster. The only reason I've been following this is because I wanted to enter the contest today.:rolleyes: They have ruined it for me. I know I would have been today's whiner.....er winner.

They need to step up and offer me a free cruise of my choice to allieve my pain and suffering.:D :D

I thought it was just me who couldn't enter. NCL's way at getting back at me for all of my complaining....lol:D (that is a joke people...don't attack me!)

Seriously, it is still only about 11:30 a.m.. There is still plenty of time left in the day for them to get it fixed. Just keep trying. (but if they do fix it, don't tell anyone...might give some of us more of a chance...lol)

I would like to comment about the questions. I hate it when websites ask questions where the answers beside the correct one are STUPID. The last few days (with the exception of yesterday), the choices have just been plain stupid. To me, it is demeaning to people when promotion departments do that. It makes it look like they think people are stupid. If you are going to demean people with question choices, just skip the dang question and have people enter! (but par for the course at NCL, I have always thought the actions of their promotion department and customer serivice departments made it appear that they believe that their customers are stupid.)

Archived