What a deal!

mycruz

I am always riffling through the sale racks at Macy's and last night found a great deal on a dress for my upcoming cruise. Even the sales girls that rung it up couldn't believe her eyes when she saw $10 for a very nice black lace cocktail dress. Because of the style, I needed to get a new bra which was three times more than the dress! Can you believe it, a dress and undergarment for $40? Can't wait, we sail in 3 days!

What a great deal, and just in time for your cruise! THe Macy's nearest us just reopened last weekend after suffering hurricane damage over a year ago. This makes me think that it's time for me to check out their new store.

Great find! I had the same experience. Went to Ross's a couple of weeks ago, since I already had my dresses for our cruise I wasn't shopping for a dress...but I thought I would look anyway. found a beautiful evening dress for 7.00. needless to say I now have 4 dresses. :D I have never been one to pass up a great deal! 4 dresses- two formal nights---oh well I will find a way to wear them all.:p

Trudy

Lucky you! I have not had any luck in finding good deals at Macy's yet. I miss Foley's!!!!

I'm with you . . . since Macy's took over Hecht's a couple months ago . . . I haven't been able to find anything on sale that I've liked . . . :( But I've got to say the OP sure did get a good deal . . . way to go!!!!!!

I found these two dresses for my mom and me for formal night on Carnival next month ... they were both originally $168, one was on sale at $20 and the other one was $25. Shhhhhhh!!! The jewelery to go with it WAS NOT on sale. As an aside: These ARE ok for formal night, right?

dresses.jpg.861ee95bc42f74d27ae95709304be77e.jpg

I'm with you . . . since Macy's took over Hecht's a couple months ago . . . I haven't been able to find anything on sale that I've liked . . . :( But I've got to say the OP sure did get a good deal . . . way to go!!!!!!

OMG When did Hecht's sell to Macy's? DH and I are retired ex-federal workers from Vienna, VA now living in PA. Is Macy's buying up every department store chain in the U.S.? They've recently taken over all of the Strawbridges here in Philly, which has caused quite a stir. No more John Wanamakers and now Strawbridges gone, too. Must seem weird not to have Hecht's in the D.C. area. And I thought the D.C. fashionistas were going to die when Garfinkels went out of business!

OMG When did Hecht's sell to Macy's? DH and I are retired ex-federal workers from Vienna, VA now living in PA. Is Macy's buying up every department store chain in the U.S.? They've recently taken over all of the Strawbridges here in Philly, which has caused quite a stir. No more John Wanamakers and now Strawbridges gone, too. Must seem weird not to have Hecht's in the D.C. area. And I thought the D.C. fashionistas were going to die when Garfinkels went out of business!

Yeah, this is the third department store that has gone out of business here in the D.C. area. I moved here right out of flight school in 1967 and have lived here off an on ever since. I saw Garfinkels go bye bye and then it was Woodys and now Hechts. So sad . . . :(

This is the only way that my daughter gets her formal gowns from Dillards or Macys. We shop after prom and will shop after the holidays for our january cruise. After prom she got a very pretty black gown for $90, down fron almost $300. I would never pay $300 or more for a prom dress and there were some higher, yikes! Nordstroms also has some good deals on formals after the holidays. Laura

Macy's is owned by Federated Department Stores and over the past couple years they consolidated other Federated-owned brands and changed them to Macy's. These included Stern's, Rich's, Burdines, Lazarus and Bon Marche, among others. In 2005 Federated purchased May Department Stores and on 9/9/06 officially changed all those department store brands obtained to Macy's as well. These included Marshall Fields, Famous-Barr, Filene's, Foley's, Hecht's, Robinsons-May, etc. Everything is now Macy's. They still own Lord & Taylor and are trying to sell the chain separately.

Macy's is owned by Federated Department Stores and over the past couple years they consolidated other Federated-owned brands and changed them to Macy's. These included Stern's, Rich's, Burdines, Lazarus and Bon Marche, among others. In 2005 Federated purchased May Department Stores and on 9/9/06 officially changed all those department store brands obtained to Macy's as well. These included Marshall Fields, Famous-Barr, Filene's, Foley's, Hecht's, Robinsons-May, etc. Everything is now Macy's. They still own Lord & Taylor and are trying to sell the chain separately.

Here in Oregon they have taken over my favorite Meier and Frank also. We have a small Macy's in the town that I live in but I used to prefer going to Meier and Frank in Eugene or Portland. Next weekend is my annual Portland Christmas shopping trip and I actually get to go to Nordstrom's!! YEAH!!!

I miss our Lazarus. They bought Kaufman's too.

I went shopping Friday for a new formal didn't see any great deals at Macy's as several have found so wandered over to Cache and found a $200 dress for $49.99. Fantastic dress, a little body hugging but it looked great on. DH loved it.

Kim

Archived