Coastal Cruise, what airport?

CanadianMAG

I am sure I am not the only one that has had this travel dilemma before, and I really cannot figure out what to do!! and DH is no help :D

We are cruising from San Diego to Vancouver. We live in Seattle and I used to live in Vancouver. Anyway, here is our dilemma.

Should we leave from Vancouver or Seattle?

One must is to fly first class, the flight from Vancouver is $400USD more then from Seattle. If we leave from Vancouver we obviously would drive there (2 hours and $30.00 in gas, I do this drive monthly) OR we can fly from Seattle, leave the ship in Vancouver and rent a one way car back to our house. One way car rental is about $100.00 but if we go from airport to airport it is around $180.00 (give or take I didn't shop around very much yet). Because of the increase from airport to airport we were thinking about taking a shuttle about $50 to SEA.

What I cannot figure out is what route to take its only difference when you add in the additional costs of $250. We are not interested in taking the Amtrak from Vanc to Sea, and no shuttle from Vanc to Sea either.

I am sure there are more pros and cons out there that I am not thinking of, and I am sure someone else has had this same dilemma as well.

Please help!

Call HAL at 1-877-SAIL HAL

They can answer it I bet...:cool:

I am sure I am not the only one that has had this travel dilemma before, and I really cannot figure out what to do!! and DH is no help :D

We are cruising from San Diego to Vancouver. We live in Seattle and I used to live in Vancouver. Anyway, here is our dilemma.

One must is to fly first class, the flight from Vancouver is $400USD more then from Seattle. If we leave from Vancouver we obviously would drive there (2 hours and $30.00 in gas, I do this drive monthly) OR we can fly from Seattle, leave the ship in Vancouver and rent a one way car back to our house. One way car rental is about $100.00 but if we go from airport to airport it is around $180.00 (give or take I didn't shop around very much yet). Because of the increase from airport to airport we were thinking about taking a shuttle about $50 to SEA.

What I cannot figure out is what route to take its only difference when you add in the additional costs of $250. We are not interested in taking the Amtrak from Vanc to Sea, and no shuttle from Vanc to Sea either.

I am sure there are more pros and cons out there that I am not thinking of, and I am sure someone else has had this same dilemma as well.

Please help!

MAG, why not fly Alaska Airlines from Seattle in first class and then Horizon from Vancouver to Seattle? There's no first class on Horizon but for such a short flight it shouldn't be a problem unless you absolutely need the larger seat and more leg room of first class. This probably won't be the cheapest of your options but might be the most seamless.

First class is a must because that is the only way DH wants to fly. The suite is my treat on the cruise the first class is his treat.

That is a great idea to fly from YVR to SEA that didnt even cross my mind! Thanks!

First class is a must because that is the only way DH wants to fly. The suite is my treat on the cruise the first class is his treat.

That is a great idea to fly from YVR to SEA that didnt even cross my mind! Thanks!

Thanks! Good luck to you!

• 1 month later...

Please help!

Hi:

This is what I would do:

Fly from Seattle, Leave your car at Sea Tac Airpot if you wish and take the Quick Shuttle (http://www.quickcoach.com/) back to the Airport directly from the cruise ship terminal in Vancouver.

Advantage, you do not need to clear US customs at the Vancouver Airport to fly, thus your check in time is shorter.

Disadvantage is the bus ride from Vancouver to the Seattle area.

Rod

I would probably be hesitant to fly from Vancouver to Seattle - it is quite expensive and when you factor in the time you have to check in before an international flight etc., it's probably faster to rent a car & drive or take the Quick Shuttle. We've done both before, but preferred the car rental over the bus - it allows us to take our time and get out and stretch our legs.

Good luck!

Archived