Found a beautiful skirt..cost me nothing!

Lois R

Hello girls:)...some of you know I buy from a local consignmet store....she is quite peticular about what she takes in and has some really nice things....
I also consign with her...when I clean out my closet I take a lot of my things to her...what she can't use gets donated to "city rescue"...anyway.....

I was in her store this morning.....and I found a beautiful skirt...It is a black and white pattern and almost feels like "citiknits"...but not quite as heavy.. There is also a gray/silvery tone to the pattern.
And it look like its brand new:D and the best part....I had a credit on my account that paid for the skirt:) .....so walked out without paying anything!

It is long with a kind of flow to it....actually no hem needed...lands above my ankles....and I have the perfect top to match. It is a sleeveless silk/knit pullover. It is silver with a wonderful sheen to it....and I tried it on when I got home.......talk about THE PERFECT MATCH! I will be wearing this new outfit on one of the informal nights.

I love this FREE stuff LOL and no wrinkling either!

Oh..I have a question...I tried on some jewlerey with the outfit....I have a medium/ long strand of pearls and matching earrings...they are a good size teardrop...I thought they looked great with the black and silver....
Aren't pearls timeless?

Hi Lois!

To paraphrase an old movie line, I love it when a deal comes together!! Your outfit sounds great and I think the pearls would look perfect with it. Two questions: 1 Was the red purse gone or did you decide against it?

2 I was so sorry to read that you had to cancel your Oct. cruise but think I missed the details on why (other than a work-related problem.) Were you able to find another cruise that fits your timeframe?

We just booked th 13 nt. Canada/New England cruise on Constellation for Oct. 11 as a late birthday celebration for my 50th B-day in July. :) I have always wanted to do a fall foliage trip but really didn't think my husband would be able to get away this fall. I was kind of mentioning this cruise occasionaly in conversation (actually to plant the seed of an idea for maybe next year, or keep cruising in mind for New Years!) and all of a sudden he was talking about it to friends as if it were a "done deal!" I am sooo excited!! We have lived in desert climes for so long it will be wonderful to see the fall color. Wish you could go along with us, but I know you mentioned you have very specific time perameters.

Hi Lois sounds wonderful. You got the blk., lace heels last winter didn't you? Bet they would look great with the outfit. The pearls sound lovely. You have such good taste I am sure what ever you wear will be outstanding. Wish you the best Judy

:) Hi girls! Truffles....the cruise was cancelled, but it wasn't work related....
but yes, I did find another one....going on my first HAL cruise on the Zuiderdam.
Sailing on 9-11. I am so used to Celebrity but I am sure I will have a good time....I hope so anyway:D
And nope, I didn't get that bag......

Zcat, you have a good memory......I did get those black shoes last year! They go very nice with the skirt...and I have 3 other outfits that those shoes go with too:D

Great deal, Lois! Free stuff that doesn't wrinkle!

I think pearls are timeless. You'll look great in that combo. Love the way jewelry can totally change an outfit. I can't wait to get my silver shoes and epiphany stuff to try on with my new citiknits. DH is having a hard time seeing that one dress as "fancy". I'm hoping he'll change his mind once it's properly accesorized.

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=royalblue]Hey Lois! :) Sounds wonderful, and yes, :) pearls are absolutely timeless! I wore a strand to work last week with a black linen dress, and even though that particular strand is quite old, it gave me many, many compliments at work! ;) [/color][/size][/font]

Archived