good upgrade?

Link22

Hello all, I'm new to this fourm and new to cruising. I booked my first cruise on the carnival triumph (3/17/2007) on Thursday after reading about the one day sale on this fourm. I didn't get anything off the price of the room but i got and upgrade, sad thing id i really don't know how good of an upgrade it is so any thoughts from you guys.....i booked an IS and got a 4G for the same price.

I've not been on the Triumph but looked at the plans- it looks like you go t an inside on deck 10. We booked a inside on the Spirit and got a 5a - which is an obstructed oceanview. But it doesn't look like the Triumph has any of those on it. That seems like a decent upgrade if your ok with an inside room. We've done guaranteed inside in the past and go upgrated to an oceanview. But we didn't know until the day of sailing. You'll have soo much fun wherever you are. We don't spend much time in the room anyway. Happy Cruising!!!!

You booked an inside, which is a room with bunk-beds on the inside of the ship. On this ship, insides are on the riviera deck which is the lowest deck of the ship. There are nothing but staterooms above this deck. You were upgraded to a 4g, which is an inside room with 2 single beds (I believe) that have a night stand between them on the inside of the ship. The 4g is located on the panoroma deck. The spa deck is above this deck, and by looking at the deck plans, it looks like you will have the massage rooms, and/or sauna & steam rooms above you. It still should be fairly quiet though. You will be on deck 10, so you have jumped from deck 1 to deck 10, and got 2 beds instead of bunk beds. :) I didn't confuse you did I? Hope not:)

The Panorama deck is a wonderful deck to be on with an inside cabin. Go forward and out onto the observation deck above the bridge, you can enjoy a beautiful view entering and leaving ports. Go aft and you are at the main pool and water slide, just steps from the buffet.

We had an inside on this deck on our first Conquest cruise. For us this is our favorite deck for an inside cabin. It is a quiet and convenient position on the ship.

No you didn't confuse me, I was just wondering b/c to me it looked pretty good but then what do I know lol. I'm really not used to the feeling of not knowing what I'm doing when it comes to these types of things, I was on the phone with the lady booking the cruise and she was saying all these things and I was just like....ok. Its and odd feeling to give someone your money when your really not sure of what you just booked lol

.....OH BOY.....are you in trouble......you're new at cruising and.....

1)you found your way ahead of time on to Cruise Critic

2)you booked Carnival

3)the Triumph.....

we did the same thing for our first last year..........

Loved it!! Couldn't figure out how we could possibly get back...... So we stopped eating out and hung on to the car that was paid off....that put us(no kids) onto the Miracle 8 months later and 3 days home from that, had us booked again on the Miracle for next October with the kids!

now if I can just figure out a short Feb cruise into the mix.....I'd be set!!:D hmmmmmm!

Couldn't figure out how we could possibly get back...... So we stopped eating out and hung on to the car that was paid off....that put us(no kids) onto the Miracle 8 months later and 3 days home from that, had us booked again on the Miracle for next October with the kids!

now if I can just figure out a short Feb cruise into the mix.....I'd be set!!:D hmmmmmm!

You have a disease that needs no cure! :p

You booked an inside, which is a room with bunk-beds on the inside of the ship. On this ship, insides are on the riviera deck which is the lowest deck of the ship. There are nothing but staterooms above this deck. You were upgraded to a 4g, which is an inside room with 2 single beds (I believe) that have a night stand between them on the inside of the ship. The 4g is located on the panoroma deck. The spa deck is above this deck, and by looking at the deck plans, it looks like you will have the massage rooms, and/or sauna & steam rooms above you. It still should be fairly quiet though. You will be on deck 10, so you have jumped from deck 1 to deck 10, and got 2 beds instead of bunk beds. I didn't confuse you did I? Hope not

WOW bubbles talk about giving out wrong info and enough to scare someone!!!

He booked an IS which does NOT have bunk beds. They are two twins that go together to form a king size bed. The ONLY category that has bunk beds is a 1A. ALL cabins with twin beds can be made into king size except the ones so noted by a large star (about 4, maybe even 2 of them). These ar not even on every ship.

Hello all, I'm new to this fourm and new to cruising. I booked my first cruise on the carnival triumph (3/17/2007) on Thursday after reading about the one day sale on this fourm. I didn't get anything off the price of the room but i got and upgrade, sad thing id i really don't know how good of an upgrade it is so any thoughts from you guys.....i booked an IS and got a 4G for the same price.

Link22,

Go to http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ and you can see the layout of staterooms. Hope you have a wonderful time! :D

Luv's Crusin'

Archived