Miracle and Valor question

Miracle is a Spirit class ship, the last one built. Spirit, Pride, Legend, Miracle. They also built a ship for Costa, which is owned by Carnival, which is the same design. I really like the size, about 88,000 tons. Just narrow enough to fit through the Panama canal and just short enough to fit under the Sunshine Skyway in Tampa Bay.

Valor is bigger, 110,000 tons, the Conquest class.

I've only been on the Pride and Legend, booked on the Miracle later this year. Can't comment on the larger Conquest class but we did cruise on the Triumph (Destiny class) when it came out and we like the Spirit class much better.

[quote name='TVMet']Miracle is a Spirit class ship, the last one built. Spirit, Pride, Legend, Miracle. They also built a ship for Costa, which is owned by Carnival, which is the same design. I really like the size, about 88,000 tons. Just narrow enough to fit through the Panama canal and just short enough to fit under the Sunshine Skyway in Tampa Bay.[/QUOTE]I think they built/are building more than one for Costa, have built at least two for HAL, and at least one originally slated for Cunard but I think it was transferred to P&O or Princess

I have been on the Pride and Legend which are sisters to the Miracle and I have also been on the Glory which is a sister to the Valor. Without a doubt it would be the Miracle for me even though I love to sail out of Miami. I just do not like the design of the Conquest class.

We are going on the Legend in March and the Valor in July.:D Looking at the deck plans, the Legend seems far more interesting to me. the Valor seems big and plain, but I'm sure both will be great.:D

Am cruising the only open cruise in April on Valorfor one reason and one reason only . Destiny and Conquest class ships have Balconies with dividers that fold away and we have booked 4 of the 6 adjoining Upper deck fantail balcony staterooms so that we can share one humongus balcony. Was informed that the balcony dividers on the Spirit class do not fold away. Fair winds and following seas. John
Elation 1998
Destiny 2002
Conquest 2004
Valor April 3, 2005

[quote name='cgresq'] Was informed that the balcony dividers on the Spirit class do not fold away.
John
[/QUOTE]
The balcony dividers on the Spirit class do open and swing away to share the balcony space. I have been on the Spirit and Pride and saw balconies shared on both ships.

Interesting reading on the Spirit class ships.

[url="http://intro.masa-yards.fi/publications/pdf/PANAMAX.pdf"]http://intro.masa-yards.fi/publications/pdf/PANAMAX.pdf[/url]

Archived