So who's just off the Glory?

sheilb4

Waiting to hear from any of you that have just come off the Glory today, sailing 11/11-11/18.....

Please let us know how it was.....I have 2 more weeks to wait until I go on her, and I promise I will write a review for all of you going on later cruises, as I well know how it keeps us going, reading them prior to our own trips!

Hi,

We got off her on the 11th. We had a wonderful time. The food was better than two years ago when I sailed on her.

The age of most guest were quite a bit older than I expected. But that was fine too. My young daughters had hoped for more people their ages.31 to 40.

But We had a large group of Retired police men on board and some active. we met and talked to some of their families and they said they thought they had about 500 rooms. The only problem I saw with this age group was the slow elevators.Most weren't going to try the stairs. So we did a lot and it was

fine.

Our dining staff was just wonderful and so was our room steward.

We never had any long lines to anything. the shows were good . I thought the bingo wasn't much fun. The Newly Wed. Game was great. We also got to go to a fashion show put on my figure magazine and it was fun. Quick but fun and real up beat. These are plus ladies and boy do they know how to strut their stuff.

We met some from that group too.

When I got home I felt such withdrawals that I booked another Carnival cruise closer to home. we leave on the pride the 21st of Jan. This time it will be a girlfriend and myself. Going to just kick back and eat some more....

Carla

Thanks for you input.

Yes that is sometimes an issue on here when there are large groups booked. I have read many complaints.

I found out recently that there will be a large group from mens fitness and womens Shape magazine on my cruise!! I guess I can pretty much guarantee a younger age group of fit bods strutting their stuff! LOL

Glad to hear the food was good as you hear mixed reviews here.

My main concern is the weather. Did you do the Western? How was the weather, tell me you had hot sun every day!! thats all I want!

We did the Eastern on the Glory, came back on Nov. 4th, had a great time, food was good, enjoyed all the shows. Had a great waiter and room stewart. We had a balcony on the Verandah, that was a good location, close to all the action. The weather was wonderful, very hot in St Thomas and St Maarten. Had a little rough weather coming back into Port Canaveral on Friday night, water was very rough, and they had to cancel the show for that night, but that was the only problem during the whole week. Really liked the Glory, she is a beautiful ship! Hope to sail again soon.

Thanks for your info. can't wait for the reviews.

It really makes you so excited when you read this stuff.

So for all of us waiting for our cruise to come along, thanks for your input to keep us anxious with excited anticipation! ;)

Next Saturday when the Glory leaves Port Canaveral I'll be on her!! Can't wait! Therefore I read every word written on here about her.

Thanks ya'll!

We have a great roll call going and are all really looking forward to meeting up on the Glory face to face in 6 short days. We have Cruise Critic to thank for our new found friendships.

Seems my thread has wandered off my original question.......

Anyone that has just come off the Glory???

want to hear from you and how it was.....please, there are several of us that are within a week or 2 of going on her and are anxious to hear how your experiences were, good and bad....thanks so much....

My dh and I just got off Glory yesterday (11/11-11/18). We had a great time and great weather. We were about 1/2 hour late getting into Port Canaveral and I never heard why. I'll write more later as we took the auto train home and got in at 8 am today and didn't sleep much so I'm not completely coherent right now.

We are leaving next Sat. also!! Can you tell me what deck the Fish and Chips are on? Im getting nervous like I forgot to do something!! Thanks!:eek:

Deck 10 but you get to it easily thru the Red Sail buffet on deck 9

Doug

8/92 Monarch of the Seas

3/93 Mardi Gras

3/03 Victory

8/06 Glory

BDN - How was the auto train. We'll be on the Glory in March and decided to go by auto train.

I too want all the scoop on The Glory especially the Western. Thanks you guys rock.:D

This is the second year we've taken the train. Last year we were 2-3 hours late arriving on each end and had coach seats, but we slept 4-5 hours each night and the ride wasn't very rough at all. This year we were 1 hour late getting into Sanford and 1/2 hour early getting back into Lorton and we had a roomette but we only slept 2 or so hours each night. My theory is when the train is on schedule or close to it, the ride is rougher because the speeds are higher and the bumps and swaying are increased. The beds in the roomettes aren't very comfortable and are pretty narrow. I'd do it again, but go back to coach seats since the cost of a bedroom is so ridiculously high compared to a roomette. Food is pretty good. In sleeper (1st class) we had steak and baked potato and real utensils and dishes. In coach, the menu has several options also, but steak isn't one of them and they serve you on paper products.

The train itself is great and we have always met great people. We go a day early so we can get some sleep the night before the cruise. The funny thing is because of the swaying of the train on top of the cruise, I felt like my house was moving until late last night.

We almost won the "last car lottery" both ways. Going to Sanford we were #5 from the last and in Lorton our car was #7 from last. We met a couple whose car was last off one time and they asked what their prize was. Amtrak gave them 1 mug.

Thanks for the information on the auto train. We have opted for sleeper but also are coming in the day before, so hopefully we'll get a good night sleep before we cruise. We are just now decided what excusions to take and are open to any suggestions. Nassau is already taken care of but Belize, Cozumel and Costa Maya are still in the planning stages. Thanks

And when you get off her on 12/2, I will be getting on!! woo hoo! You must be getting so excited, I am !

Are you packed yet? have a wonderful trip, well, of course you will! :D

And when you get off the Glory on the 9th of December I will be waving as I get on!!! Whoohhooooo!! I cannot wait! :p

Just of the Glory too, Had a great time. Food was good, Shows and singers were disappointing. But over all had a very good time and planning another cruise this time just for the girls!

Kim

We just returned on 11/18 as well. I have to totally agree with Kdunn. We were on the Glory in Dec of '05 and the shows were the same, but the singers were different. I really feel that the shows were much better last year. The singers this year left a lot to be desired.

Food was great, enjoyed the new menus and alternate choices being offered. Had terrific wait staff in the platinum dinning room (Ovi and Sorren).

Hope you all have a great time as well.

We thought the singers were pretty good. They're asked to sing a wide variety of songs. Cassandra, the female singer has a deeper voice than most women singers and I think people expected a different sound, but she could carry a tune and hold it. Ed, the male singer was fine. They really don't get a long break between performances. We don't go into this expecting it all to be perfect, but for what they do, they do very well. I was just in Vegas two weeks prior to the cruise and to tell you the truth, other than the headliners, the shows arent that much better there.

The weather we had was almost perfect so it made sea days good sunning days and port days easy to do and see a lot. Be prepared for lines since this is a large ship. Everyone was very friendly. I never passed a crew member who didnt' say hello, good morning, etc.

I miss someone bringing me whatever I order and placing my napkin in my lap. Just go and have a great time.

Dana Hodson, and he hasn't been on more than maybe 3 months or so. I vaguely remember when his predecessor left because he was very well liked and it was mentioned on here in several threads. I never heard when Dana's due to leave. He's very good and has a great speaking voice. From what I was told, he used to be in broadcasting (radio I think) and he has the voice for it. He's got a great sense of humor and ends up laughing a lot at what is said by passengers and at himself. Also, Dana's daugher Erika is the newst social host onboard.

Archived