Our price of our cruise just shot up majorly

Gingee

We booked our cruise this past August for three people sharing a balcony. This is for next May 20th. I just checked the price on the same web site that I used to get our prices last time and it has shot up $1600 since we booked. Has anyone else noticed this?

We booked our cruise this past August for three people sharing a balcony. This is for next May 20th. I just checked the price on the same web site that I used to get our prices last time and it has shot up $1600 since we booked. Has anyone else noticed this?

What web site and what ship?

Usually for the prices to start climbing upward means that the ship is filling up. Watch the prices when the final payment comes due and depending on the number of cancellations, the price may fall. All supply and demand.

This is business as usual. Cruise lines do supply/demand management for every ship on every sailing. When first published prices are set based on that itinerary and sail date's history. That's why Christmas and spring break start high and Oct. and Nov. in the Caribbean start lower as well as Alaska being cheapest in May and September. Prices are then adjusted depending of bookings as the sail date approaches. Each cruise line does it a little different.

The per person charge for our D1 balcony on our 5/13 Rhapsody cruise has increased $650 per person. Guess we got a great deal for booking early! I am betting that there is more demand for the Rhapsody since she is leaving us.

P.S. This has usually been the case with cruises we've booked - price increases. My upcoming 1/25 Splendour cruise is the only one where I've seen a decrease.

I have an inside cabin for my Hawaiian cruise it went up $1000.00 one week after I booked. Now there is very few cabins left. My Summit cruise last year went up $2000.00 and did not come down as it was sold out. When we left port only one cabin was left but five were empty when we sailed. Two couples missed the ship and two cancelled less then 48 hours before sailing.

We paid 1477 for our June cruise, including port charges & taxes. Now the same cabin (last time I checked) was 1129 per person before port charges & taxes. We booked in Sept.

Can't you contact your TA or RCI rep and get a price change? My TA checks almost everyday for us (she's my best friend-she has to!), but I know her co-workers check almost as oftenl for their clients. She told us that as long as we're more than 75 days out she'll change our price automatically if it drops.

Last Monday onboard the Rhapsody, we booked the 8/26/2007 sailing at $949pp before coupons/discounts/OBC. When we returned home on Sunday the 19th, I checked and saw that the price had gone up to $1199pp and today it's $1249 -- up $300pp in 8 days!

Even shorter cruises can have price increases that, prorated, are pretty significant.. a month ago our cruise on Sovereign in an OV came to 548 for two of us for 4-nighter in January and that category has gone up 50 pp since AND they took all the senior specials off that sailing as well..

I just had a first............found out today our cruise in March went down $100pp for a jr. suite...........and the website is showing no suites available.........nothing......grand suite, owners suite, jr. suite.........

I am very surprised we had a price drop.........but will certainly take it.

Can't you contact your TA or RCI rep and get a price change? My TA checks almost everyday for us (she's my best friend-she has to!), but I know her co-workers check almost as oftenl for their clients. She told us that as long as we're more than 75 days out she'll change our price automatically if it drops.

Rizz, I guess I didn't really say that we saved. The 1477 was total for both of us with port charges & taxes. Last I checked it was 1129 pp which by the time you put port charges & taxes it would be over 2400.

The cruise we are going on next week, Splendour, 3 weeks ago it was showing nothing available. Apparenlty quite a few TA's released unsold cabins because the deals now are outrageous. They were offering today 55+ for 397 port charges & taxes included for 2 people. When I look, there are tons of rooms. I told my TA that next winter I'm gonna chance it trying last minute, she told me to not do that because she feels it will book up since RCI is pulling out of Houston but I really have no plans to go next winter but if I can get a cabin for 400 or under, why not?.

Archived