Another 11/11 Crown review

OC PAT

Willy'sgrandma-it looks like if ends in St Thomas before the port the immigration details are handled more efficently there than when St. Thomas is the first stop. No one was boarding the ship until we were off. I know when we got off there were many still waiting to get off. In all fairness we were the 1st cruise for the Crown Princess with this itinary and they most likely will get their problems resolved. The other cruise, that there was a major delay was the repositioning cruise, right? It looks like the group that got on after us did not have as long of a delay.

Thanks, Pat.

OC Pat, truly enjoyed your review!

a quick question regarding the Bonaire day trip - once you arrived at the Plaza, whom did you see or where would you go to pay the $10 for facility use? Thanks very much. We sail on her the 9th of Dec.

Thanks Karmal!

Many thanks for your help.

Nan

Hi OC Pat - It's Denise here and I'm wishing I was still on the ship.

Nannyny - We were in Bonaire with OC Pat. As soon as you enter the beach, there is a booth to your right where you can pay the fee for use of the facilities. I would suggest that you don't get there too late. People who arrived there late morning or so or closer to noon did not get a chair. We paid $10 a person, and it was $5 for the snorkel equipment rental. We really enjoyed the snorkeling here and just relaxing on the beach. Enjoy your cruise.

Denise

nannyny - We did not walk through the hotel. The cab dropped us off right at the entrance to the beach (I believe it was either gated or bushes surrounding the beach. Just walk in at the opening and the booth is immediately to your right. It was very easy to get a cab there as soon as we got off the ship. When you're ready to leave, there might be cabs waiting there to take you back to the ship. If not, go to the booth and they can phone a cab for you. Very simple. You can take advantage of the beach or the pool area. We personally enjoyed the beach.

Happy sailing!

Hey OC Pat, Denise and Pat,

Hope you're all doing well. Just wanted to say a quick hello and wish you all the best over the holiday season. I will be heading back to the Crown next weekend (the 9th) for 4 weeks, but it definitely won't be the same without all of you there. Have a safe and happy holiday and keep in touch!

Melissa

OCPAT - I'm on the tissue exploration mission for you! Maybe I can even snap a picture to document the fact there are none - I'll make sure I throw in a box for them :-) Thanks for the tip - 15 days and counting - cannot wait!

Evie

I was looking at some photos posted on another thread and there were tissues in the bathroom - they were under the counter like they do in hotels -I think maybe handicapped rooms don't have that counter down there so they can't put them there - but regular rooms have them. I was glad for that convenience - now I don't have to bring my own. Have a great cruise!!

You can take advantage of the beach or the pool area. We personally enjoyed the beach.

Happy sailing!

Thanks so much for your info! most invaluable. I see ya gals know Melissa, we are looking to meeting her as well.

Hello all. Been real busy and haven't checked the computer lately. All 100 Christmas cards done with the Holiday letter! Mother-in-Law visiting and have been making sure she has a good time.

Hi Denise and Melissa! Hope you are enjoying the holidays. Wish I was going cruising again this month as I face the day to day task of my job! Need to pick up our pictures to relive our great memories!

Evie-thanks for checking up on this most serious tissue mission. I think Nikita is right. Because of the handicap design the cabin is fitted for tissues. Oh horrids LOL.

Nan-did I see you were from Brooklyn? That was where my mom was raised...in Bay Ridge. We still have some family there....the Logue's. Uncle owned a couple of ice cream palors. Enjoy your cruise.

Something I forgot. Had a real positive experience at the wine bar. The waitress was super. She tried to teach us how to eat with chop sticks...lost cause. The wine list was large and my uneducated palet enjoyed the recommendations offered. The chef was flirting a bit with me by offering extra servings. Ok, let me enjoy my flirting fantasy!

I believe Denise answer all the questions regarding Bonaire. Thanks.

OC PAT

Archived