Should RC have coupons for Loyalty??

isujim

Your My Cruises account will not be affected regardless of if you go into the coupons on line or not. They are entirely separate.

Patti, when we switched hubby's C&A # for mailed coupons, the letter came in his name and his number and just my name was beneath. And you are so right, the mailed ones have so many more sailings than the ones online.

[quote name='isujim']Thanks..........you guys have helped me.......I'm calling Monday with the number Patti gave me and switch me over to mail and leave the DW on the on line coupons........

I do wonder though if you can still access your cruise stuff if you come off the internet list.........surely that wouldn't affect access to "MY Cruises" would it?[/quote]
You won't come off the internet list......I don't think that there is a way that can happen unless you cancel your C&A membership. The only thing that you can eliminate is the mailed coupons. So let Rena use the coupon site with her C&A number and you stay away, or you can go into the site, but use her number when you want access. I don't think there are cameras hooked up to see who is checking in with whose number..............well, then somebody might disagree with that!!;)

[quote name='isujim']Patti is there anything you had to do to "deactivate" other than call RC? I will call them Monday........[/quote]
I just called C&A and told them that I wanted Jim to be placed back on the mailing list to received their quarterly coupon mailings. At first the rep told me that they don't do coupons any longer.......at which time I gave her a code for a cruise and then, of course, her story changed. You actually have to refer to them as [B]savings certificates[/B], because I think they understand that terminology better. Give them your C&A number for the mailings and let Rena access the ones online using her C&A number. Heck, I would call them tomorrow, unless you won't be available to call.

Happy Thanksgiving.....gobble, gobble!!!!!!!:p

• 1 month later...
[quote name='cruisenfever']I just called C&A and told them that I wanted Jim to be placed back on the mailing list to received their quarterly coupon mailings. At first the rep told me that they don't do coupons any longer.......at which time I gave her a code for a cruise and then, of course, her story changed. You actually have to refer to them as [B]savings certificates[/B], because I think they understand that terminology better. Give them your C&A number for the mailings and let Rena access the ones online using her C&A number. Heck, I would call them tomorrow, unless you won't be available to call.

Happy Thanksgiving.....gobble, gobble!!!!!!!:p[/quote]

Patti, I was looking to see if anyone had posted the December savings, I came upon this in the search. I just called and was told if I changed to mailed, I would not be able to access the on-line certificates.

Question--do you know what the certifiactes are for this current quarter, ending the 31st? My silly sister mailed the entire thing, instead of only the 1 for the particular cruise & we asre looking at changing our March cruise and I wanted to see what was available. (boy that is not a good sentence, is it?) Can anyone tell me if there are any savings certificates for the Rhapsody in Feb or April 2007? Thanks

[quote name='crazy 4 cruising']Patti, I was looking to see if anyone had posted the December savings, I came upon this in the search. I just called and was told if I changed to mailed, I would not be able to access the on-line certificates.

Question--do you know what the certifiactes are for this current quarter, ending the 31st? My silly sister mailed the entire thing, instead of only the 1 for the particular cruise & we asre looking at changing our March cruise and I wanted to see what was available. (boy that is not a good sentence, is it?) Can anyone tell me if there are any savings certificates for the Rhapsody in Feb or April 2007? Thanks[/quote]
The savings certificate mailer we have says: reserve your cruise vacation before 12/31/06. Rhapsody OS listed 7 night for 8/12, 8/19, (9/2, 9/9 incorrect dates and sailings). I think these saving certs were printed before itinerary changed. I just noticed the 9/2 coupon and since we are already booked on 9/2 Rhapsody (without a cert), I am going to call and see if coupon will work. Doesn't hurt to ask.I have seen No coupon for that one right now (16 nite transcanal) $75 inside, $150 Outside and above. I will update.

[quote name='traveler/']The savings certificate mailer we have says: reserve your cruise vacation before 12/31/06. Rhapsody OS listed 7 night for 8/12, 8/19, (9/2, 9/9 incorrect dates and sailings). I think these saving certs were printed before itinerary changed. I just noticed the 9/2 coupon and since we are already booked on 9/2 Rhapsody (without a cert), I am going to call and see if coupon will work. Doesn't hurt to ask.I have seen No coupon for that one right now (16 nite transcanal) $75 inside, $150 Outside and above. I will update.[/quote]

thanks. I think they will give you the one for Sept 2nd, they did me --before we changed to Alaska.

Has anyone received the new ones yet?

[quote name='cruisenfever']Yes, Call C&A 1-888 446-7908 and tell them that you want the certificates mailed to you in your C&A number.[/quote]

Patti - thanks for the info on having the Savings Certificates mailed. I'm going to call C&A tomorrow. Are there any for transatlantics in April?

OT - anyone see the promowave for 12/26?

as we got a letter from C&A addressed to my DH. It lists dates, ships, itinerary, a code & discount. No Coupons. Across the top it states DIAMOND MEMBER QUARTERLY SPECIALS.

I can go to C&A & see the coupons they have listed, which 9/14 was ages ago & it seems to be on every month's list but we can use only 1 for $225 off.

My TA has our bill with deposited stated, then she lists Diamond discount, and specials that she knows about before coupons show. When I saw a coupon & sent it to her she laughs & sends me the notice that I got it last year when I booked it. So how she has the discounts in advance of us knowing is amazing. But Key Accounts who book groups on every cruise get this?

[quote name='cruisenfever']The certificates (formerly coupons) being mailed are labeled [B]"CROWN & ANCHOR SOCIETY MEMBER SAVINGS CERTIFICATES"[/B] (same thing is listed on the outside of the envelope)........nothing is said about what level you are in the C&A..........so anyone that belongs to C&A (not just DIAMOND MEMBERS) can use a coupon on the sailings listed as long as they use the coupon before it expires which is usually about 4-6 months. And, the COUPON is located on the very bottom on the back of the letter........your name is printed and so is your C&A number. The codes are for Inside and for Outside & Above cabins. You can email RCI at [EMAIL="coupons@rccl.com"]coupons@rccl.com[/EMAIL] giving them your name, ship and sailing date, reservation number and the code listed for the itinerary you are sailing to get the discount. Others have done it and have been very successful.[/quote]

[quote name='suzyluvs2cruise']Patti - thanks for the info on having the Savings Certificates mailed. I'm going to call C&A tomorrow. Are there any for transatlantics in April?

OT - anyone see the promowave for 12/26?[/quote]
On 12/31/06 expiration savings certs, NO TransAtl for 4/07.
These have certs 115 in 225 ov and above
jewel 10/30/07
navigator 11/5/07 we're on this one with cert
legend 12/1

[quote name='suzyluvs2cruise']Patti - thanks for the info on having the Savings Certificates mailed. I'm going to call C&A tomorrow. [B]Are there any for transatlantics in April? [/B]

OT - anyone see the promowave for 12/26?[/quote]
Just looked Sue, and I'm sorry to say that there isn't anything listed in the most recent savings certificates that we got for TA cruises. But do call C&A and get the Savings Certificates mailed to whoever [B]does not[/B] access the C&A site on RCI. I changed everthing over to LJ's number and now it comes addressed to both of us but in his number.

[quote name='crazy 4 cruising']Patti, I was looking to see if anyone had posted the December savings, I came upon this in the search. I just called and was told if I changed to mailed, I would not be able to access the on-line certificates.

Question--do you know what the certifiactes are for this current quarter, ending the 31st? My silly sister mailed the entire thing, instead of only the 1 for the particular cruise & we asre looking at changing our March cruise and I wanted to see what was available. (boy that is not a good sentence, is it?) Can anyone tell me if there are any savings certificates for the Rhapsody in Feb or April 2007? Thanks[/quote]
Brenda, I just checked and there is nothing listed for Rhapsody in Feb. or April. The reason that your sister sent the whole list in was because there is just one certificate on the back of the list of savings. It was preprinted with her name and C&A number on it. You can use this one certificate to list as many cruises that are eligible for savings as noted on the front. Next time, just call C&A and give them the code for the particular cruise that has a discount and that you are sailing on.

[quote name='MACOP']Again we differ, as we got a letter from C&A addressed to my DH. It lists dates, ships, itinerary, a code & discount. No Coupons. Across the top it states DIAMOND MEMBER QUARTERLY SPECIALS.

I can go to C&A & see the coupons they have listed, which 9/14 was ages ago & it seems to be on every month's list but we can use only 1 for $225 off.

My TA has our bill with deposited stated, then she lists Diamond discount, and specials that she knows about before coupons show. When I saw a coupon & sent it to her she laughs & sends me the notice that I got it last year when I booked it. So how she has the discounts in advance of us knowing is amazing. But Key Accounts who book groups on every cruise get this?[/quote]
I have abslutely no idea what you received in the mail from C&A. And you don't need a certificate/coupon for a particular sailing..........all you need is the "OFFER CODE" which is listed next to the monetary value offered. Can I ask you a dumb question? I know that you have a lot of credits from sailing so much on Celebrity and only two cruises with RCI........do you have a C&A number? I'm just wondering if the mailings that you are getting have to do with your Elite status on Celebrity being recognized as Diamond on Royal Caribbean. I know that we periodically get mailings from Celebrity showing us as Elite, and we have only sailed one time and that was on Summit.

All I know is that what we receive are "CROWN & ANCHOR SOCIETY MEMBER SAVINGS CERTIFICATES" and they list certain cruises with discounts. On the back is a coupon that has our names preprinted in the Guest Name area and my husband's C&A number in the C&A Membership Number space. All other information has to be filled in and then submitted.

OK folks, for those of you that are receiving the quarterly coupon mailings from RCI..........what does it say on the top of your letter. This has got my curiosity up right now.

Patti - I have called C&A three times today requesting that the quarterly savings certificates be mailed to us. Each time I have been rudely told that they no longer mail them out, they quit a year ago. I guess they just don't care because we're only Platinum.

Any input would be appreciated.

Cherrin

[quote name='isujim']Not a new topic by any means. Hopefully a thoughtful discussion can take place.

TA just called and my coupon for next September was denied because I booked in July, not in the specified dates for new bookings.

OK.......I accept that. Rules are rules, fine print is fine print and I knew before submitting it that it would in all likelyhood be denied.

I love RC. A denial of a $150 coupon won't keep me from sailing them.

I booked this cruise in July because RC cancelled the Jewel out of Boston for Canada/New England for 2007, so I booked the Granduer out of Baltimore. By booking in July I got an aft jr. suite, so no complaints.......but as of today the jr. suites are sold out........so even if it was a new booking, you can't get a jr. suite.

This is not about whether they should or should not have honored a coupon............as I said rules are rules and fine print is fine print.

The question is what about us loyal birds who continually book RC, and book early????

I added up what we have spent over 20 years with RC.......(it amazed me what that amount was)..........

I will continue to book them...........I love their product.........

Sometimes I just don't understand my favorite cruise line......:)[/quote]

When I called RCCL about the same type of issue a couple months ago, I was told that usually this type of circumstance can be handled by their customer service dept. If I were you, I'd try again until you got the answer you wanted. Seems that it all depends on the C & A rep you happen to speak with.

[quote name='cbtravel1']Patti - I have called C&A three times today requesting that the quarterly savings certificates be mailed to us. Each time I have been rudely told that they no longer mail them out, they quit a year ago. I guess they just don't care because we're only Platinum.

Cherrin[/quote]

Try this number..........1 800 526-9723.
I called this am and was able to change it with no problems...............or comments. Hope it works for you.

[quote name='cbtravel1']Patti - I have called C&A three times today requesting that the quarterly savings certificates be mailed to us. Each time I have been rudely told that they no longer mail them out, they quit a year ago. I guess they just don't care because we're only Platinum.

Cherrin[/quote]
Just tell them that you have a friend that has been receiving them and you want to receive them also. If all else fails.........tell them you read it on CC!!! LOL

Just make sure that you give them the C&A number of whomever in the family does not access the C&A website for the coupons/savings certificates that are listed there. Once you access the C&A website with a C&A membership number, that number automatically removes the person from any mailings that C&A does.

[quote name='cruisenfever']I have abslutely no idea what you received in the mail from C&A. And you don't need a certificate/coupon for a particular sailing..........all you need is the "OFFER CODE" which is listed next to the monetary value offered. Can I ask you a dumb question? I know that you have a lot of credits from sailing so much on Celebrity and only two cruises with RCI........do you have a C&A number? I'm just wondering if the mailings that you are getting have to do with your Elite status on Celebrity being recognized as Diamond on Royal Caribbean. I know that we periodically get mailings from Celebrity showing us as Elite, and we have only sailed one time and that was on Summit.

All I know is that what we receive are "CROWN & ANCHOR SOCIETY MEMBER SAVINGS CERTIFICATES" and they list certain cruises with discounts. On the back is a coupon that has our names preprinted in the Guest Name area and my husband's C&A number in the C&A Membership Number space. All other information has to be filled in and then submitted.

OK folks, for those of you that are receiving the quarterly coupon mailings from RCI..........what does it say on the top of your letter. This has got my curiosity up right now.[/quote]

MFP PP --there must be another acronym in this--but that is ALL I am going to say

[quote name='cruisenfever']Brenda, I just checked and there is nothing listed for Rhapsody in Feb. or April. The reason that your sister sent the whole list in was because there is just one certificate on the back of the list of savings. It was preprinted with her name and C&A number on it. You can use this one certificate to list as many cruises that are eligible for savings as noted on the front. Next time, just call C&A and give them the code for the particular cruise that has a discount and that you are sailing on.[/quote]

thanks Patti. I did try to do it over the phone and they would not and I asked about doing it on line and she said I could not, BUT I did :rolleyes: . That's ok, we got the credit. I'm curious what will happen when they get my sister's coupon. thanks agian

[quote name='suzyluvs2cruise']Try this number..........1 800 526-9723.
I called this am and was able to change it with no problems...............or comments. Hope it works for you.[/quote]

Done, took less than a minute. She asked for C&A number. She confrimed address and phone number. Then asked me if she help with anything else. Now we will see what treasures come to our mail box.:)

[quote name='cruisenfever']I have abslutely no idea what you received in the mail from C&A. And you don't need a certificate/coupon for a particular sailing..........all you need is the "OFFER CODE" which is listed next to the monetary value offered. Can I ask you a dumb question? I know that you have a lot of credits from sailing so much on Celebrity and only two cruises with RCI........do you have a C&A number? I'm just wondering if the mailings that you are getting have to do with your Elite status on Celebrity being recognized as Diamond on Royal Caribbean. I know that we periodically get mailings from Celebrity showing us as Elite, and we have only sailed one time and that was on Summit.

OK folks, for those of you that are receiving the quarterly coupon mailings from RCI..........what does it say on the top of your letter. This has got my curiosity up right now.[/quote]

Patti...mine are the same as yours..........as they should be........

For the record,I access online coupons under my name and my husband gets the mailed ones...................

I also have a Celebrity member number(Elite status) and have NEVER cruised X..........

:) [quote name='suzyluvs2cruise']Try this number..........1 800 526-9723.
I called this am and was able to change it with no problems...............or comments. Hope it works for you.[/quote]

I want to thank everyone for the information. I called this number and they [U]did[/U] allow me to change it without any problem. In fact the agent checked my upcoming sailings with the certificates being mailed January 1st. No matches but I can always change my fall booking when I receive the coupons.

Cherrin

[quote name='cbtravel1']:)

I want to thank everyone for the information. I called this number and they [U]did[/U] allow me to change it without any problem. In fact the agent checked my upcoming sailings with the certificates being mailed January 1st. No matches but I can always change my fall booking when I receive the coupons.

Cherrin[/quote]

that's interesting. I asked 1 today about what the CURRENT for 2 more days--savings are and she said she did not know. HMMMMMMM

Archived