Should RC have coupons for Loyalty??

isujim

Mine say: CROWN & ANCHOR SOCIETY MEMBER SAVINGS CERTIFICATES

Probably a day late and a dollar short. :D I keeping wondering if perhaps that CC member with the awfully strange posts, may have perhaps been injured in the line of duty or somehow suffered a head injury? Obviously there is no one to ask, but I have to extend one possible theory. :D

[quote name='Parrothead8']Patti...mine are the same as yours..........as they should be........

For the record,I access online coupons under my name and my husband gets the mailed ones...................

I also have a Celebrity member number(Elite status) and have NEVER cruised X..........[/quote]
Why am I not surprised!! LOL Thanks PH..........thought I was being sent something that was just for me!!

Well I sure hope C & A gets all this coupon business corrected before their 2007 mailings start. Today we received our third letter along with Crown and Anchor Society Member Savings Certificates that expired on 9/30/06. Yes ... 9/30/06. The first letter and coupons arrived on 11/20/06, the next on 12/11/06 and just today on 12/30/06 we received yet another letter along with coupons. Fourth quarter mailings with an expiration date of 9/30/06??? Geesh!! Never did receive any for this last quarter.

Well I sure hope C & A gets all this coupon business corrected before their 2007 mailings start. Today we received our third letter along with Crown and Anchor Society Member Savings Certificates that expired on 9/30/06. Yes ... 9/30/06. The first letter and coupons arrived on 11/20/06, the next on 12/11/06 and just today on 12/30/06 we received yet another letter along with coupons. Fourth quarter mailings with an expiration date of 9/30/06??? Geesh!! Never did receive any for this last quarter.

So much for snail mail!!!! I have the ones that expire tomorrow...........anything that you would like me to look up?

PH8...did you get the actual plastic "Elite" member cards for Celebrity? We received ours in the mail a while ago. I was going through stuff today. We also have never sailed on Celebrity. I am happy to know we will be "Elite" passengers if we ever do!:D

I'm so sorry:p RCI is very inconsistent then, we received plastic cards with our Celebrity numbers in a flashy vellum folder. (sarcasm)

The funny thing is, every Loyalty Ambassador, and C&A person that we have spoken to, says that they will order us NEW C&A cards...and they will arrive in 4-6 weeks. We still present our laminated "Silver Member" paper cards. We all know you don't need cards, but they are always so nice about correcting it. Have we ever received new cards?...NO. But...we have Celebrity cards! LOL:D

Thanks Patti for offering to look up the coupons. When we got the first delayed mailing on 11/20/06 I called C & A and told them what I thought about sending out already expired coupons to loyal members. Told them I had four cruises booked for '07 of which two of them were listed. After a lengthy conversation they honored both coupons -- the Mexican Riviera and Ultimate Alaska. She also read me ALL the coupon offers for this quarter but none applied to our other two cruises.

Yes, there were Conflicting dates on last mailer we received, I think around 11/20/06. Said 9/30/06 on front, on actual form to turn in, said 12/31/06. Know what, call up, like desertheat did, using 2, ask if you can use them if they work for you. I have used at least one, saving $225, and am trying for a second one. Yes, I notice inconsistencies or mistakes in material that is sent out, but I try to appreciate the benefits that RCI is trying to give us, and try to use them by contacting them to get clarification. After all, they are trying to give us something extra! Play the Travel game. The world is not perfect, do what you can to make it better, one action at a time.

Yes, there were Conflicting dates on last mailer we received, I think around 11/20/06. Said 9/30/06 on front, on actual form to turn in, said 12/31/06. Know what, call up, like desertheat did, using 2, ask if you can use them if they work for you. I have used at least one, saving $225, and am trying for a second one. Yes, I notice inconsistencies or mistakes in material that is sent out, but I try to appreciate the benefits that RCI is trying to give us, and try to use them by contacting them to get clarification. After all, they are trying to give us something extra! Play the Travel game. The world is not perfect, do what you can to make it better, one action at a time.

I thought it was 225. I submitted on-line and they only credited me 200, I iwll need to call them Tuesday. I thjink it is wierd, well maybe interesting :rolleyes: that you can not received both mailed and web savings certificates (or so I was told, if I signed up for mailed, I would no longer have access to the internet savings certificates?!) AND that the 2 are not the same. Will continue for my sister to get mailed and me to do internet.

Speaking of mailed, when will the new certificates be mailed. Has anyone received them yet? We are waiting to see if there is a saving cert to change itineraries, but have to by jan 2nd!!!

Thanks all and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

I will post here when I receive the 2007 1st mailing. If you receive it before me, could you please post?

Also, I noticed that when RCI sends out an email notice that the certs are available online, it has been past the 1st of the month. I have checked myself without waiting and they have been there online on the first.

Comment: I think that RCI wants to have people look online for the certs. They save money on printing and mailing, and the info is more accurate. Same with C & A magazine?

However, I think they can benefit from the free marketing advice CC'ers are giving them with regard to the certs. Why are some of us getting both versions? Because, they are not the same in offer or value. The flexibility of the mailed ones is superior in value to the online ones only good for 30 days.

Suggestion to RCI: Both mailed and online certs should be the same (the online program dates of use should be extended to match the mailed ones).

I will post here when I receive the 2007 1st mailing. If you receive it before me, could you please post?

Also, I noticed that when RCI sends out an email notice that the certs are available online, it has been past the 1st of the month. I have checked myself without waiting and they have been there online on the first.

Comment: I think that RCI wants to have people look online for the certs. They save money on printing and mailing, and the info is more accurate. Same with C & A magazine?

However, I think they can benefit from the free marketing advice CC'ers are giving them with regard to the certs. Why are some of us getting both versions? Because, they are not the same in offer or value. The flexibility of the mailed ones is superior in value to the online ones only good for 30 days.

Suggestion to RCI: Both mailed and online certs should be the same (the online program dates of use should be extended to match the mailed ones).

I only get on-line and have never received e-mail notification:confused: . I just look at the first of the month--oh well

I only get on-line and have never received e-mail notification:confused: . I just look at the first of the month--oh well

E mail notification seems like a reminder from RCI. It says something like your certs are available online for viewing now at the C & A site.:)

E mail notification seems like a reminder from RCI. It says something like your certs are available online for viewing now at the C & A site.

Here's a copy of the email I got today regarding January Savings Certificates. You can click on the "Log In" link and log in to your online RCI account. The link to Savings Certificates is on the left side.

spacer.gifspacer.gifheader.gif

spacer.gifxxxxx,

Save up to $200 USD* when you start planning your next cruise adventure! It's easy. Just activate your online membership if you haven't already. Once you're logged in, go to "Special Offers" to see your latest Savings Certificates — good now until January 31.

spacer.gifLog in to get your January Savings Certificates

Here's a copy of the email I got today regarding January Savings Certificates. You can click on the "Log In" link and log in to your online RCI account. The link to Savings Certificates is on the left side.

spacer.gifspacer.gifheader.gif

spacer.gifxxxxx,

Save up to $200 USD* when you start planning your next cruise adventure! It's easy. Just activate your online membership if you haven't already. Once you're logged in, go to "Special Offers" to see your latest Savings Certificates — good now until January 31.

spacer.gifLog in to get your January Savings Certificates

Thanks for posting this. Like I said, the email notification is AFTER the certs are already available for viewing online. I saw the Jan. ones already on 1/1/07. Nice reminder from RCI, but........been there, done that.

Thanks for posting this. Like I said, the email notification is AFTER the certs are already available for viewing online. I saw the Jan. ones already on 1/1/07. Nice reminder from RCI, but........been there, done that.

You're welcome.:) Wonder why the "reminder" email isn't sent on the 1st of the month too!:confused:

Archived