Glory 7/31 Sailing, too late for name change?

Chriz

A friend of ours has recently changed :eek: girlfriends and wants to bring the new one on the cruise. He has paid for the cruise himself, so no issues there, but can our TA change the name and information this late in the game? Any past experiences or suggestions about getting it changed?

Thanks

Carnival told us that it was possible to do a name change up to 30 days before the sail date for a change fee... after that, the documents are generally printed and mailed. I doubt with less than 2 weeks to go, he will be able to do a name change... all he can do is call and ask, but he may be SOL...

Please change it to mine, and I will meet you at the dock.

I had a problem where my wife unexpectedly could not go, and I called Carnival the day we were sailing, and they said they could change names THAT DAY.

I ended up going alone anyway. :( Couldn't find that person that could go at a drop of the hat.

On our March 20th cruise this year on the GLORY our oldest son backed out ONE DAY BEFORE departure (as we were packing the vehicle!)... we were on the phone with Carnival (booked direct) on our drive down. They indicated there would be a $50 fee to have someone else go in his place - we could arrange it right there, over the phone... unfortunately, at that LAST minute, we could not find anyone to fill the space... so my 12 year old son had a cabin to himself!

(good news : Carnival credited our charge card (7xx.00) about 2 weeks later! WITHOUT even asking for it!)

Tom

First, thanks for all of the responses.

Some background to set the stage: This guy is a friend of a relative. I am the unnoficial group coordinator because I have planned our past group cruises. He is not the easiest person to get in touch with so I gave him the information and advice from this board and told him what steps to take ie. calling the TA, etc. etc.. I have not heard back since then, so at this point, I am too busy getting excited for MY vacation and getting things ready, however, once I know something even if it is not until we get on the boat, I will post back here.

I am ready to Float on a Boat:D

Archived