Montreal Airport

CMorgan

Has anyone flown to Montreal airport from Ft Lauderdale and have a 1 hour layover before connecting flight? Is the one hour time long enough to retrieve my luggage and go through customs. I am kind of worried about the short amount of time. I have taked to the cruiseline and all they want me to do is pay the air deviation fee to get another flight.

It has been a few years since I connected through Montreal from the US and so I can't remember how much time that I had but the time seems a bit tight. However, Air Canada's web site states that the minimum connection time from a flight from the US connecting in Montreal and then on to another Canadian city is 1 hour. If your flight is on time you should be OK.

I did it last March from Miami to Montreal and then had to go on to Halifax and I had 45 min for one and 40 min for the other! We made it , but our hearts were in our throats the whole time.:o

Thanks for the quick replies RickB and Copper6606. It is a bit of a relief to know that it doesn't take as long to go through Montreal than it was to go through Toronto airport. It makes me wonder why Air Canada would have 1 hour stop at Montreal knowing that passengers would have go through customs.

I did it last March from Miami to Montreal and then had to go on to Halifax and I had 45 min for one and 40 min for the other! We made it , but our hearts were in our throats the whole time.:o

Thanks for the quick replies RickB and Copper6606. It is a bit of a relief to know that it doesn't take as long to go through Montreal than it was to go through Toronto airport. It makes me wonder why Air Canada would have 1 hour stop at Montreal knowing that passengers would have go through customs.

As mentioned... you can probably do it... but check the airline schedule to see when the next flight is just in case...

Montreal is a much better airport than Pearson. Customs is quicker and more efficient.

For the record, Pearson will become easier to deal with at the end of January. The new "hammerhead" pier opens at terminal 1, and terminal 2 will be closed. I'm sure, being Toronto, it will still be screwed up, but not as bad as now.

Has anyone flown to Montreal airport from Ft Lauderdale and have a 1 hour layover before connecting flight? Is the one hour time long enough to retrieve my luggage and go through customs. I am kind of worried about the short amount of time. I have taked to the cruiseline and all they want me to do is pay the air deviation fee to get another flight.

We flew thru Montreal in Oct/06 . Don't have less than 2 hrs 3hrs would be better. We a connection on Air Canada to Vancouver from Orlando.We just made it . the flight was 1 hr late and custom took about 45 min to clear.

THE BIGGEST DELAYwas getting thru security to connect with our next flight.

The wait was almost 30 min. If you are passing thru between 3pm and 7pm try and get later flight or get routed via Toronto. This probably applies to travel in the morning.

I have to agree with doopydozer, we travelled through montreal this past march, it was our 2nd time, it has improved since 2003, customs has a new facility and it is quite efficient compared to our last time when we actually missed our connection because of customs being completely overwhelmed.

And the real problem came for us upon re-entering security, they only had two machines staffed, and it took us 45 minute to go through the line and a total of 1hr and 20 from gate to gate, I am glad we made sure we now have a minimum of no less than 2 hrs when making connections.

By the way , the times we made were made at a very fast pace, we do not like to miss flights, so we do not walk leisurely between connections.

My suggestion would be to have no less than 2hrs for connection time in Montreal.

We flew thru Montreal in Oct/06 . Don't have less than 2 hrs 3hrs would be better. We a connection on Air Canada to Vancouver from Orlando.We just made it . the flight was 1 hr late and custom took about 45 min to clear.

THE BIGGEST DELAYwas getting thru security to connect with our next flight.

The wait was almost 30 min. If you are passing thru between 3pm and 7pm try and get later flight or get routed via Toronto. This probably applies to travel in the morning.

My flight arrives in Montreal at 6:55pm so hopefully I will miss the busy times. I wish Princess would let me re-route my air without all these extra charges, but I would have to pay the air deviation and upgrade to a different air category and pay the difference in that as well.

Archived