Another Monarch Question

I know the Monarch has one formal night. My husband usually wears a nice dark suit to formal night. I have read several reviews/posts that say the Monarch formal night is very casual (due to the short weekend cruise atmosphere). Will he be out of place in a suit, or are there generally enough men in suits that he will fit in.

Thanks!

He'll be fine. You will see all sorts of interpretations of "formal" on the Monarch cruises. :) If he doesn't wish to bring the suit, it will also be fine. If you both wish to dress up for photos, you will both look very nice. We haven't done the 3 night, but I would imagine that it is even more casual than the 4 night, which we have done twice. 3 times if you count Viking Serenade, but people actually wore tuxes....way back then. :-)

Nah, he will be fine in a dark suit. Suits will be more common that tuxedos on the short weekend cruise, and you will see both casual and dressed up. I am trying to decide myself what to do. I will probably go the suit route too.

Nah, he will be fine in a dark suit. Suits will be more common that tuxedos on the short weekend cruise, and you will see both casual and dressed up. I am trying to decide myself what to do. I will probably go the suit route too.

Fitz, we won't be bringing any dressy clothes on our Monarch 2-Nighter :eek: We will, however be bringing our toiletries ;) :D

###

Fitz, we won't be bringing any dressy clothes on our Monarch 2-Nighter :eek: We will, however be bringing our toiletries ;) :D

###

Might I suggest some good toiletries for you? Also, I think on a two nighter it is okay to wear shorts, so long as you bedazzle them.;)

Just got back from the Monarch and I can say that I saw everything from tuxedos to turtlenecks in the diningroom on "Formal" night. It seems that there are wide and varying interpretations of the word "formal" and "recommended"... so you'll be fine in a suit.

(My husband is always warm, and it's nearly impossible to get him to wear a coat of *any* kind, so formal nights are a challenge for us :rolleyes: :) )

Might I suggest some good toiletries for you? Also, I think on a two nighter it is okay to wear shorts, so long as you bedazzle them.;)

You seem to be on a real "bedazzler" jag lately, Fitz. :D

Wouldn't it be rather painful, if you had "bedazzled" the SEAT of your shorts? ;)

You seem to be on a real "bedazzler" jag lately, Fitz. :D

Wouldn't it be rather painful, if you had "bedazzled" the SEAT of your shorts? ;)

We had a guy in our office, who thank god has left now, who bedazzeled EVERYTING! Drove me nuts. We would have company sponsored events that they would supply t-shirts for, and he would bedzzle them. Everyone would just laugh it off.

Archived