Explorer PR Cabins

ariel865

It is an inside room, but with a window looking to the inside of the ship! They aren't any better or worse than any other inside cabin! If you're claustrophobic, this may be a better choice, as the window "tricks" you into thinking you are not inside!

We had a PR on explorer and we loved it. If you can, get a cabin on deck 7-in the middle of the promenade. Great view, very little noise.

It has an extra couch with a bay window, where you can sit and watch the action. Even though we usually sail in a cabin with a balcony, we have booked another PR room on the Liberty for next September. It's a really good value, and so much better than an ordinary inside stateroom.

Friends on our Explorer cruise had a Promenade room and thought it was fine, no biggie. However, I distinctly remember seeing right into passengers' rooms as we looked across the Promenade from any floor. If the curtains are left open, people can see right in. If you take one, please remember that you can be seen if your curtains are not closed. You'll have to get dressed in the bathroom. ;)

We loved it. We usually get inside cabins since we seldom are in the room. This gave us inside cabin prices with the feel of a window.

This is a good alternative if looking outside is not important to you. You do have to remember to close the curtains tho as a previous poster said since you can look right into them.

I haven't personally had one of these but tend to recommend them if someone wants just a bit better than an interior and doesn't want to spend the extra moneyfor a balcony. It's a nice alternative. I've had dozens of clients book and no complaints but many good reports. I would go deck 7 or higher for the noise factor. Actually I'm told by the clients that have been there that there was no problem with noise. Enjoy!

I've had dozens of clients book and no complaints but many good reports. I would go deck 7 or higher for the noise factor. Actually I'm told by the clients that have been there that there was no problem with noise. Enjoy!

Routine noise does not penetrate the windows to the cabin. When they hold a parade or a band is playing in the promenade it is loud enough to be heard in the cabins.

We had one on Mariner in September and it is fine. We did miss the balcony as this was our first cruise not on a balcony. Look for a cabin near a bulk head so that you don't have as many cabins that can look into yours. On a bright note, we did end up meeting and hanging out with the couple that was in the PR cabin directly across from ours. We are sailing with them next year on Freedom and they have the aft balcony right next to ours.

Joe

Archived