I'm a very fast reader but...

The new feature on the boards that allows you to preview the post before opening it is driving me crazy! :mad: On the longer posts, I'm always in the middle or almost finished reading it when it just disappears. It's very irritating. Then it takes a few seconds to get the preview to reappear so I can finish reading it. I know this is a minor complaint but does this get on anyone elses nerves? :eek:

Uh oh, I actually really like the feature. Saves me from clicking on a post if it doesn't interest me. It's especially good since I'm on dialup at home and it takes a while to load the posts. I can agree with the part about it dropping off quickly but by then I usually know whether or not I want to click on it and read the whole post anyway.

I find the feature really helpful for those "HELP!!" posts. You know the ones. If you are gonna ask for help, PLEASE tell us what you need help with in the subject line. I don't know how many I've clicked on, and instead of cruise advice the poster wants help getting their dog tattooed or whatever. This way, you can read a little bit and if you can't help, don't load the whole page.

I like the feature, but it does go away too qucikly......BUT I just did a little test.

If you keep your mouse moving just ever so slighlty on it, it stays up!

Try it, it worked for me ;)

Hey! That'll work! At least now I can read the whole post if I want to. :D

winncove - just wanted to say thanks for the tip about the little arrow on the side. I had no idea it existed & hated scrolling through 20 or so posts I'd already read to read one new one. That's great - thanks!

Archived