Anyone else having increasing problems with the boards??

isujim

Firefox is awesome and you can install an extension that allows you to use IE for any page you choose as a few (very few) websites seem to prefer or require it. It's as easy as a right click. I too have seen lots of double and triple posts lately, but maybe it's just because the system is slow and people get impatient and keep clicking away??:confused:

My only problem is that I can't get my avatar to replace with an animated one even though the replacement is within the file and canvas size that CC specifies.

I see you are on the Voyager in Jan of 08. I expect a full report. We have booked this as a b2b in April of 08......will be interested in what you think.

Will do, Jim. Too bad you can't join us; quite a few of the bunch we first cruised with (Paul & Peg, Rolo & Ann to name a few) are going to be on board.... plus others that have been met along the way. The group who have all cruised together before has about 6-8 couples and we have a lot of fun.

Firefox is awesome and you can install an extension that allows you to use IE for any page you choose as a few (very few) websites seem to prefer or require it. It's as easy as a right click.

Cloud9Bob, where can I get more info on that???? I didn't know that. I've just kept an IE icon on my desktop for the rare occasion that it's needed for a site.

Hiya Jim.... tell Rena hi for me too!

I'm having diffiulty also... and I have firefox.... so it's not the browser, it's the boards. I posted two responses this morning that haven't shown up although the menu does reflect that I'm the last one to post on those threads.... really weird![/quote]

This has also been happening for a couple of weeks to me.:confused: I am there and not there. ;)

I should be the first post on page 2. But page two is not there and the post does not show up, just my name on the boards. Or, my name is not on the boards as the last porter, but I am there.

Mr Pete,

Haven't had any problems, but this morning, I clicked on rely post, and I know i did it just once, and it told me I couldn't post the same thing twice in that short a time frame. So one click read as two So something is up.!

That is what I get after I post and get the blank white screen. Now I know to wait and see if my post took.

just now took 3 tries to log in, posts were not posted, and for weeks we couldnt get in to the area to check the meeet/ minlge info,...every day s thing different, its not your computer, i had a response from RC on some issue or other, they were working on the site,..so report it...

Cloud9Bob, where can I get more info on that???? I didn't know that. I've just kept an IE icon on my desktop for the rare occasion that it's needed for a site.

There are a couple, but the simplest (and my favorite) is this one below. After you install the extension...just right click anywhere in a Firefox page (or a link) and choose "view page or link in IE" from the menu and bam...it's open in another window. I like to size the IE window 75% smaller than Firefox just to keep it clear which is which. Good luck.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1429/

Guess only a few are online with me, but CC loaded fast, I am reading posts with no drag, even my post just went right on with no doubles. I have IE 7 and notice it is fast than 6. Already had an upload from Microsoft when I turned on my 'puter.

So maybe whatever the problem was was fixed..........

Will do, Jim. Too bad you can't join us; quite a few of the bunch we first cruised with (Paul & Peg, Rolo & Ann to name a few) are going to be on board.... plus others that have been met along the way. The group who have all cruised together before has about 6-8 couples and we have a lot of fun.

Wish we could..........Bill and Christine are cruising with us on this as part of a b2b........tell all the gang we said hi.........

I've had various problems at times on the board, eg, this morning I tried to post and got the white screen, usually that's a double post, but this morning, it didn't post at all. Worst I've seen so far, I got a six post on one thread! I agree that there are few problems considering the traffic, but if it continues to grow, CC may need more bandwidth.

I've been using IE 7 since Beta 2 on one of my laptops, and Firefox on the other laptop to compare and contrast. Now I'm using IE 7 final on both laptops and my desktop, as well as my wife's desktop (she uses Verizon MSN on her laptop) and really enjoy the tabbed browsing and other upgrades. I love opening a couple tabs which makes it really easy to do multiple quotes on one post. I had trouble during installation on one machine, but just had to go to safe mode to install IE 7 as a program that ran in normal mode was interfering with the installation.

Here in the last 20 minutes, I've been getting some sort of weird fatal errors. I've pinched myself, and I'm convinced they really aren't fatal, but I've never gotten that particular error before today. I'll try to copy and paste it if I get it again.

Part of the problem is probably the choice of using a Microsoft server. A serious site that gets this much traffic should be running a Linux or FreeBSD based.

More than likey the main cause of most of the problems are cruise counters. You see so many posts with 2 or more counters and even expired ones. Each one of those references an external web site and that really slows down page rendering quite a bit. Then add in pictures posted, animated signatures and you are quickly sending out references to different sites all over the place. Just on this page alone I counted 31 calls to external sites. People be conservative in your signatures, if your sig is twice the size as your post you might need to thin it out some.

The choice of browser has nothing to do with these issues though those of you who are using Firefox should be commended. It is a much more secure browser that properly supports web standards rather than using its muscle to try to bully others into doing this their way.

I had a problem today as well, but not the same one. When I logged on today it showed that I was last on the board last night. I was not. Then I noticed the time of the last post for the threads were like it was night time. Things that showed posted today were actually posted several days ago. Weird. I had to log out and come back twice before it became current.

I didn't download IE7, because I had read about others having so many problems with it. Everyday when I turn on my computer, I get the little box telling me I have an Update. I'm tired of looking at it, but I won't download it as of now.

I have also had the same thing happen on some posts. I will get the white screen after I post. I have found out that my posts will show up on a thread.

Gail

Archived