Anyone else having increasing problems with the boards??

isujim

Is anyone else having problems with the boards the last couple of weeks? More so than usual?

This IS NOT being critical..........with all the usage of the boards I'm surprised there aren't daily problems.

I keep getting white screens, slow posts, posts that don't register, posts that triple post..........etc.............

Just wondered if anyone else is experiencing these types of problems?? I just want to be sure it isn't just me and there is something I need to do on my end.

Again not being critical.

hhhhmmmmm.........thanks

Now I'm wondering if I have some computer issues........

I havent had problems at all! Question, do you defrag your hardrive and delete cookies? You know, the regular maintence stuff? Just a thought....

and while it was being worked on everything from being told you were booted, to white screens, zagged looking navy blue zips but not words for a while it it corrected itself.

Now I have IE7 & it is working great! (Knock on wood) Don't know if the new IE has anything to do with it but I am not complaining.

hhhhmmmmm.........thanks

Now I'm wondering if I have some computer issues........

I have had less problems with the board lately than I did severeal weeks ago, although I noticed a rash of double posts about a week ago while reviewing the various boards. Perhaps it is a computer problem, but you may want to send an e-mail to community@cruisecritic.com and ask.

YMMV but in my brief experience since (stupidly) installing Internet Explorer 7 yesterday, it's a mess. I have recommded to everyone I speak with to avoid this installation for the near future. There seems to be lots of bugs and no way to restore the system and go back to IE 6.

I have an issue with CC, after looking at the news, I click on "boards" and a new window opens, while the old window goes to the message boards too. It just started doing that in the last 2-3 weeks for me.

Also, about IE7, I agree with Host Karen, I downloaded it, hated it (confusing and pages loaded a lot slower) so I uninstalled it. Everything went back to IE6 for me.

I havent had problems at all! Question, do you defrag your hardrive and delete cookies? You know, the regular maintence stuff? Just a thought....

Yep

Do the regular maintence stuff............so now I'm really confused.....but will work on it.......

Thanks to all who responded.........now if I just knew what direction to go:D

YMMV but in my brief experience since (stupidly) installing Internet Explorer 7 yesterday, it's a mess. I have recommded to everyone I speak with to avoid this installation for the near future. There seems to be lots of bugs and no way to restore the system and go back to IE 6.

I agree............I upgraded to IE 7 last month and it screwed up my computer so much,I had to reformat it(and my computer was brand new)!:mad: Would not recommend it(like any programs that are brand new)..........

I think you are only allowed 19,000 posts and as you approach that number those things you mention start happening. I believe it's a warning to make your last few count.

I love it........made my day:D ..........guess I need to make these extra special.......LOL!!!

I agree............I upgraded to IE 7 last month and it screwed up my computer so much,I had to reformat it(and my computer was brand new)!:mad: Would not recommend it(like any programs that are brand new)..........

I also hated IE7. My computer went haywire on me. Unloaded it and went back to 6 ASAP.

Hi isujim, You are not alone with the problems. ;)

Sloooooow opening of threads to the point I give up and move on or leave the boards. White blank screen on searchs.

I am also getting the blank white pages after I post. I think the post did not go through, but it does. That would explain the double postings. Now I know to look and see if it is posted before posting it again.

I have had less problems with the board lately than I did severeal weeks ago, although I noticed a rash of double posts about a week ago while reviewing the various boards. Perhaps it is a computer problem, but you may want to send an e-mail to community@cruisecritic.com and ask.

Karen I downloaded IE 7 about a month ago and other than getting used to the few changes I have not had any problems with my pc at all. At first I did not like some of the changes but am now used to them.

Jim, the only problems that I have had this week is the occasional double post but to me the boards have been working better lately.:)

Alexis...........sounds like you and I have almost identical problems.......so I feel better........but sorry for you as well. I really don't think it is a computer problem...........that is DW line of work and this is the only site we are really having these types of problems on.......and they have been on going for almost 2 years now.

Still not a complaint.......more frustration than anything...........just wish there was a fix or solution for everyone's part.

Hiya Jim.... tell Rena hi for me too!

I'm having diffiulty also... and I have firefox.... so it's not the browser, it's the boards. I posted two responses this morning that haven't shown up although the menu does reflect that I'm the last one to post on those threads.... really weird!

Haven't had any problems, but this morning, I clicked on rely post, and I know i did it just once, and it told me I couldn't post the same thing twice in that short a time frame. So one click read as two!

So something is up.

Hi Marla

Good to hear from you...........I see you are on the Voyager in Jan of 08. I expect a full report. We have booked this as a b2b in April of 08......will be interested in what you think.

Hi Pete............I think something is up as well.........almost convinced it isn't my computer.........but always willing to try changes:)

Yes, there is a problem with the boards today. I rarely have trouble even when others do have a problem.

Pages are dragging when they load. I made my first post of the day and it seemed to be doing nothing, then eventually flashed to the white screen. But before reposting I renavigated to the boards from the start and found my post was posted anyway.

Yes, there is a problem with the boards today. I rarely have trouble even when others do have a problem.

Pages are dragging when they load. I made my first post of the day and it seemed to be doing nothing, then eventually flashed to the white screen. But before reposting I renavigated to the boards from the start and found my post was posted anyway.

That is a good explanation..........exactly what has been happening to me.......but mine happens everyday.........not all the time..........but everyday at some time this exact same thing happens to me.

Archived