I am a newly wed..well sort of

Mary Jane 711

I had the pleasure of recieving the deluxe renewal of vows package as a surprise gift from my husband. Yes, it was a total surprize as he handed me a little gift bag with a nice rock of a ring inside. We got remarried by the Captain on the Dawn..Captain Kent. It was a beautiful ceremony. Our friends were there as witnesses. The pacakge included a lot of great extras. I got a great bouquet made out of white orchids and he got an orchid boutinier. We got canapes in our room every evening. It also included massages. I can tell you, it was wonderful. Also we recieved matching Princess bathrobes, wedding photos all framed. Champagne and a Champagne breakfast in bed. My husbands favorite extra was our trip to the bridge. Usually they do this while docked, but we got to go up there while under way. That was pretty neat. I would recommend doing this if have even considered it at all. It was well worth it and will always be a special memory to me.

I won't be getting a "rock" as I received a lovely new wedding ring for our 25th anniversary in June, 1996, but DH and I are planning a vow renewal on the Dawn next month in honor of our 35th this past June. I will also turn 57 (1/27) during the 11-night cruise out of San Francisco January 25, 2007. I can't think of a more romantic way to celebrate an anniversary - and my birthday - than sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge!

Congratulations, Mary Jane!

Chris

Archived