Emergency help needed please

kidrn

The solution is to put 1 adult in each room with the children divided between the rooms. That is what the rules say in the fine print on your documents.:mad:

If you do that then you are being responsible parents and caring for your own children yourselves.

<...can't believe parents want their pleasure before being responsible parents>

If NCL doesn't allow rooms to have children in them without an adult, then it seems to me that the actual cruise docs MUST have it as one adult in each cabin with a kid or two, right? That would explain why they thought it was ok to split up the rooms.

The solution is to put 1 adult in each room with the children divided between the rooms. That is what the rules say in the fine print on your documents.:mad:

If you do that then you are being responsible parents and caring for your own children yourselves.

<...can't believe parents want their pleasure before being responsible parents>

The rules say an adult has to be in the same or ADJOINING room, which is what the OP had booked. And obviously she DOES want to care for her children, otherwise she wouldn't be so upset they were being moved down the hall.

Why should the couple have to split up and stay in seperate rooms because of an NCL error? They did everything right by booking adjoining rooms so they could both enjoy the cruise together AND take care of their children, and NCL screwed it up!

I can't believe you are calling them irresponsible! :confused:

Lighthouse Lady has hit the nail on the head - you cannot book children under 18 in a cabin alone. An adjoining cabin is still a cabin and a parent must be booked with the children, it doesn't matter what cruise line you are on. What you do after they book this way is your business and you take all responsibility for any shuffling of personnel. If NCL moved you, it wasn't that they were being cold-hearted and splitting the kids/parents up. From what I see on these boards though it happens way too often with NCL. Passengers should be notified of any cabin changes and attempts should be made to resolve the changes according to need. You just don't see this coming up on the other cruise lines boards as often as you do here.

ok, we now have a $200 OBC, NCL did the best they could do under the circumstances even though it was their error to start with, the family is close together, now can krdrn just get over it? The safety of the entire ship has to be taken into consideration. Typing all in caps which indicates yelling isn't going to help things. If she doesn't calm down, as I said on one of the other posts she was on, she will spoil her vacation and that of the rest of her family's. BTW, to clear something up, there is a difference between connecting and adjoining rooms: connecting rooms actually have a door from the inside that joins them together. I don't beleive this is what she booked. Adjoining rooms are next to or across the hall from one another. NMnita

just by chance I went on the Ncl website and they moved one of our rooms down the hall!

We sail on the Sun 12/31 with adjoining rooms. We have room assignments, but I'm wondering how you went to NCL's website and found there was a change......I couldn't find how to access our room assignment on their website anywhere.

Thanks and good luck!

Lighthouse Lady has hit the nail on the head - you cannot book children under 18 in a cabin alone. An adjoining cabin is still a cabin and a parent must be booked with the children, it doesn't matter what cruise line you are on.

Then I do not understand what this portion under "Carrier's Rules & Regulations" in my ticket means: "Any guest under 21 years of age must be accompanied by a guest over 21, in the same or an adjoining stateroom who expressly agrees to be responsible for the under-21 guest throughout the cruise."

How does splitting them up and telling them too bad - you and your husband must now sleep 5 doors away from each other - fit in with the family-friendly accommodations they advertise? :confused:

kidrn,

I am in sympathy with you for this last minute and unexpected change, wrench, or other problem thrown into your way for your up-coming cruise vacation.

I am an admitted 1 cruise wonder here, but I can envision an answer to this kind of problem. And I think it works for anyone that finds themselves in this situation.

Subtext: I've booked connecting cabins. 1 cabin is us parents (adults) and 1 is the kids. The cruise people see this and decide that they have to take responsibility for any possible permutation of the situation, or rules, and then take the cruisers possible motives, valid or fake, into consideration.

The rules say it is ok to do this. Connecting or adjoining cabins, adults, kids, supervision, responsibility, accountability, add a few dozen lawyers, laws, rules, and fee paying passengers. And don't forget the fine print.

If I was the cruise company, and this was the case, I'd have an employee down to the cabins in question with a screw gun removing the connecting or adjoining doors. Then it is always open. Adult supervision isn't a problem anymore. Separation of families isn't a problem anymore. The cabins are truly connected. It is much like a suite with a bedroom separated only by a curtain or divider. DW and I have traveled with our kids and booked adjoining rooms. It sure is nice to have a connecting door. However, that connecting door (doors since there is a lock on both sides) can be shut and locked from either, or both, directions. With the doors closed and/or locked, supervision, responsibility, rules and regulation, fine print are all well and good, but after a situation occurrs, they can end up meaning nothing.

All other considerations being equal, the following kind of "fine print" might solve this problem.

"If you book connecting/adjoining cabins as a family convenience, we will be removing the doors to make your cruise a more family oriented convenience."

"Feel free to use the supplied hooks to hang up the provided curtain for privacy."

The cruiselines lifeboat position? That is a rule for another thread. Can't you just see it? Cruise employee faces panicked passenger at lifeboat station while ship is sinking and says...." Sir, this isn't your lifeboat, you will have to go around to the other side of the ship and find your assigned lifeboat."

I am truly sorry for the excess drama (and typos) here. I know this is a real situation involving real people.

I hope that the OP can and will be provided a satisfactory conclusion to this situation. After all is said and done, I hope OP can and will enjoy the cruise. Afterall, that is why we all book cruises. We simply want to enjoy them. And I truly believe that a cruise company wants us to enjoy them too.

they moved us our cabins 5 doors down on deck 9 from where it is now. thanks for everyones suggestions and help KIDRN:)

Could you please explain this statement a little? Both cabin assignments were moved, or just one? I know that you have stated that you are separated, but this statement somehow seems a little confusing to me, at least. Also, were these adjoining cabins, or actually connecting cabins? There is a big difference.

Thanks for your input, and as others have said, make the best of a situation which seems to have gotten out of hand, and do have a great cruise. It can be done, and should be for your family.

Happy Holidays! Good Luck!

My bad - the age limit is 21. The family friendly accomodations do not mean that the parents can put their kids in a cabin by themselves so they can have privacy. In the cruise lines and their insurance carriers eyes, the parents are responsible 24/7, even while they are sleeping. If that means they need to be in a cabin with an adult, so be it. The children in question are not all that young and having a 17 year old responsible for a 7 year old at nite, 5 doors from the parents is not a cause for all this drama. If the parents were really all that worried about the safety of the children they would put the youngest or the sleep walker in with them at nite. This isn't to say that I feel the cabins should never have been switched in the first place. If you get a cabin assignment or pick an assigned cabin - you should be notified if they intend to switch you to find out if your needs can be accomodated. NCL has dropped the ball here but it's not the untenable situation the OP makes it seem.

I can’t believe everyone attacking Kidrn on this situation. The NCL colored glasses are sure on today. Kidrn has done everything right and NCL is the one who screwed up. Once again, NCL Reservations screws up and the clueless NCL execs won’t do anything to fix it. To separate a family that has tried to do everything right is just terrible. The NCL supporters on this board can attack Kidrn all they want and try to defend NCL all they want. In the end they are the ones that look bad since there is no defense for NCL in this one.

Kidrn booked connecting cabins in order to properly supervise her children and keep her family together. Obviously NCL had to do something to balance the lifeboats, but why not read the reservations first and see that you have people with the same last name in connecting cabins! Then move someone else? I will bet money that the connecting cabin that they moved Kidrn’s family out of will have someone in it on the cruise!

Kidrn, you are the victim here and NCL is at fault. Keep fighting and don’t let the narrow minds on this board bother you. They would attack their own mother if she spoke out against NCL. Most likely NCL will do nothing to help ($200 OBC is a joke!) because that is how they operate. Hang in there.

The solution is to put 1 adult in each room with the children divided between the rooms. That is what the rules say in the fine print on your documents.

If you do that then you are being responsible parents and caring for your own children yourselves.<...can't believe parents want their pleasure before being responsible parents>

What a ridiculous comment to make to try and defend NCL. I am one of the first people to jump in when I think parents are shirking their parental responsibilities, but Kidrn is one parent who I commend for her parenting!

She purposely booked two CONNECTING cabins in order to better supervise her children. Yes, they were probably going to have the parents in one cabin and the kids in the other, but I have a feeling that with Kidrn, the door between would have been open! (Now, tell me that most people who book connecting cabins for children, don’t do it this way!). She probably paid more for two connecting balcony cabins than if she would have tried to put the kids across the hall in an interior.

Kidrn is one of the MOST responsible parents I have seen on here and you owe her an apology.

The rules say an adult has to be in the same or ADJOINING room, which is what the OP had booked. And obviously she DOES want to care for her children, otherwise she wouldn't be so upset they were being moved down the hall. Why should the couple have to split up and stay in seperate rooms because of an NCL error? They did everything right by booking adjoining rooms so they could both enjoy the cruise together AND take care of their children, and NCL screwed it up!

I can't believe you are calling them irresponsible!

Amen Melissa!

If NCL doesn't allow rooms to have children in them without an adult, then it seems to me that the actual cruise docs MUST have it as one adult in each cabin with a kid or two, right? That would explain why they thought it was ok to split up the rooms.

Would the person at NCL who thought this want their family separated?? Read the names and see that it is a family in two connecting cabins. Move someone else. NCL didn’t think nor did they read the names, they just knee jerked and did it without taking the time to do it right.

ok, we now have a $200 OBC, NCL did the best they could do under the circumstances even though it was their error to start with, the family is close together, now can krdrn just get over it? The safety of the entire ship has to be taken into consideration. Typing all in caps which indicates yelling isn't going to help things. If she doesn't calm down, as I said on one of the other posts she was on, she will spoil her vacation and that of the rest of her family's.

Why should Kidrn get over this? NCL has thrown her vacation plans for a loop. You said that if she doesn't calm down, then she will spoil her vacation? Thank you Dr. Nita, but her vacation has already been spoiled BEFORE it started by NCL's stupidity.

Safety of the entire ship?? Please, we are talking two lifeboats here. You are the first to attack people for blowing things out of proportion with "cruise from hell" comments! How does switching the assignments for TWO lifeboats affect the safety of the ENTIRE ship?? I agree that NCL has to provide for the safety of the two lifeboats, but why split a family? The simple answer would have been for NCL to move someone else to achieve the important lifeboat balance.

BTW, to clear something up, there is a difference between connecting and adjoining rooms: connecting rooms actually have a door from the inside that joins them together. I don't beleive this is what she booked. Adjoining rooms are next to or across the hall from one another. NMnita
I have already posted here today but so upset about the outragious way ncl has responded, just switched my room (CONNECTING ROOMS)FOR FAMILY.

If you would take off your NCL glasses and read her posts, you would see that Kidrn did book Connecting cabins and not adjoining so your belief is wrong.

If the parents were really all that worried about the safety of the children they would put the youngest or the sleep walker in with them at nite. This isn't to say that I feel the cabins should never have been switched in the first place. If you get a cabin assignment or pick an assigned cabin - you should be notified if they intend to switch you to find out if your needs can be accomodated. NCL has dropped the ball here but it's not the untenable situation the OP makes it seem.

NCL moved the second cabin to balance lifeboats. My guess is that is the cabin with 3 assigned to it. They also have balcony cabins, which do not sleep more than 3 large people. So you could either move the youngest or the sleepwalker, but not both. I know, I know, someone will say well the parents can split up. OK, that's fine but to those who say that I have one question: Would you want to do that when you had done all these proper preperations?

NCL did drop the ball and in typical NCL fashion, they won't do anything to pick up the ball......

If NCL moved you, it wasn't that they were being cold-hearted and splitting the kids/parents up. From what I see on these boards though it happens way too often with NCL. Passengers should be notified of any cabin changes and attempts should be made to resolve the changes according to need. You just don't see this coming up on the other cruise lines boards as often as you do here.

No, they just didn’t read the reservations. I find your last sentence to be VERY interesting…I hope NCL reads it….oh sorry, I hope the NCL execs have someone read it to them…lol.

We had a similar situation with our upcoming cruise; however, it was the TA's fault. Long story short--I now have a cabin downstairs (AF) instead of the AE I booked. My children (17, 15, and 11) are still upstairs in an inside cabin. They are right next to my sister and her children. I did not receive anything from my TA. No OBC or refund for their mistake--but I will be on a cruise with my family for Christmas. Please note that my children, along with my sisters, have been on cruises and other vacations and are expected to act in accordingly. Also, I originally booked all 3 in the cabin--and NCL, apparently, does not mind them not being across from us. They may think my sister is now responsible for them????

To the op--I'm sorry for your obvious concern and hope it works out, but don't let it ruin your family cruise!!

Very well iterated Keystone Cruiser!

The family friendly accomodations do not mean that the parents can put their kids in a cabin by themselves so they can have privacy. In the cruise lines and their insurance carriers eyes, the parents are responsible 24/7, even while they are sleeping. If that means they need to be in a cabin with an adult, so be it.

Two adjoining cabins with a connecting door is like having them in a bedroom next door! I think it's easy to be responsible for them 24/7 when you can leave the door open and hear everything that goes on, even if you aren't in the same room. And what's wrong with wanting a little privacy and the ability to sleep next to your spouse while on vacation, while still having supervision over your kids? Maybe you aren't in love with anyone, but I am, and part of enjoying my vacation is sleeping and waking up next to him! I think that is the point of family-friendly: having the supervision while also having the ability of privacy.

The children in question are not all that young and having a 17 year old responsible for a 7 year old at nite, 5 doors from the parents is not a cause for all this drama.

And so here you are saying that they should NOT follow the rule you stated above and give up close supervision of their kids, even though that is what they wanted to do? Now I am confused... :confused:

If they refuse to honor your request you can also bring a prepared document for them to sign stating that if they do not provide connecting cabins, they take full responsiblity for the safety and conduct of your children. If they are injured, behave badly, disturb other passengers or destroy anything in the cabin, NCL takes responsiblity, and not you, as they decided to put them beyond your supervision and control.

NCL requires a 21 year old be booked in every cabin. I'm sure that this is the way the original booking was done with one parent in each room and splitting the children amongst the two rooms. So really even with NCL's mistake, NCL is not putting children at risk. There's no way NCL will take responsibility as suggested.

I have a child I cruise with and she is IN my cabin always - as far as my DH, love him to death. I'm just saying here, that she - kidrn, has here panties in a twist over a situation that's not as bad as she's making it seem. I tried to look at BOTH sides of a situation and can see that some here don't bother with objectivity.

The problem with taking quotes out of context is that you can always make what was said seem worse than it was. Your quotes attempt to pick apart everything I said and left out the fact that I thought NCL was in the wrong.

Kidrn - take a deep breath, even with the kids a few doors down you can still have a wonderful cruise. It will be a little more legwork - all of those back and forths between the cabins, but that shouldn't ruin the trip. I still think the possiblility is there for a better resolution with NCL. Keep trying.

I can’t believe everyone attacking Kidrn on this situation. The NCL colored glasses are sure on today. Kidrn has done everything right and NCL is the one who screwed up. Once again, NCL Reservations screws up and the clueless NCL execs won’t do anything to fix it. To separate a family that has tried to do everything right is just terrible. The NCL supporters on this board can attack Kidrn all they want and try to defend NCL all they want. In the end they are the ones that look bad since there is no defense for NCL in this one.

Kidrn booked connecting cabins in order to properly supervise her children and keep her family together. Obviously NCL had to do something to balance the lifeboats, but why not read the reservations first and see that you have people with the same last name in connecting cabins! Then move someone else? I will bet money that the connecting cabin that they moved Kidrn’s family out of will have someone in it on the cruise!

Kidrn, you are the victim here and NCL is at fault. Keep fighting and don’t let the narrow minds on this board bother you. They would attack their own mother if she spoke out against NCL. Most likely NCL will do nothing to help ($200 OBC is a joke!) because that is how they operate. Hang in there.

What a ridiculous comment to make to try and defend NCL. I am one of the first people to jump in when I think parents are shirking their parental responsibilities, but Kidrn is one parent who I commend for her parenting!

She purposely booked two CONNECTING cabins in order to better supervise her children. Yes, they were probably going to have the parents in one cabin and the kids in the other, but I have a feeling that with Kidrn, the door between would have been open! (Now, tell me that most people who book connecting cabins for children, don’t do it this way!). She probably paid more for two connecting balcony cabins than if she would have tried to put the kids across the hall in an interior.

Kidrn is one of the MOST responsible parents I have seen on here and you owe her an apology.

Amen Melissa!

Would the person at NCL who thought this want their family separated?? Read the names and see that it is a family in two connecting cabins. Move someone else. NCL didn’t think nor did they read the names, they just knee jerked and did it without taking the time to do it right.

Why should Kidrn get over this? NCL has thrown her vacation plans for a loop. You said that if she doesn't calm down, then she will spoil her vacation? Thank you Dr. Nita, but her vacation has already been spoiled BEFORE it started by NCL's stupidity.

Safety of the entire ship?? Please, we are talking two lifeboats here. You are the first to attack people for blowing things out of proportion with "cruise from hell" comments! How does switching the assignments for TWO lifeboats affect the safety of the ENTIRE ship?? I agree that NCL has to provide for the safety of the two lifeboats, but why split a family? The simple answer would have been for NCL to move someone else to achieve the important lifeboat balance.

If you would take off your NCL glasses and read her posts, you would see that Kidrn did book Connecting cabins and not adjoining so your belief is wrong.

NCL moved the second cabin to balance lifeboats. My guess is that is the cabin with 3 assigned to it. They also have balcony cabins, which do not sleep more than 3 large people. So you could either move the youngest or the sleepwalker, but not both. I know, I know, someone will say well the parents can split up. OK, that's fine but to those who say that I have one question: Would you want to do that when you had done all these proper preperations?

NCL did drop the ball and in typical NCL fashion, they won't do anything to pick up the ball......

No, they just didn’t read the reservations. I find your last sentence to be VERY interesting…I hope NCL reads it….oh sorry, I hope the NCL execs have someone read it to them…lol.

OK, I stand corrected about the connecting and adjoining cabins, that is why I made the comment, I wasn't quite sure which she had booked. This whole thing is getting very confusing and why should she get over it? Because NCL did offer them a $200 OBC and did the best they could with a very bad situation. I am not defending NCL, nor is anyone else, but it is a shame to carry on so much that a wonderful holiday can and will be ruined. There are times in life we can't change things thus we have to live with them. NMnita

OK, I stand corrected about the connecting and adjoining cabins, that is why I made the comment, I wasn't quite sure which she had booked. This whole thing is getting very confusing and why should she get over it? Because NCL did offer them a $200 OBC and did the best they could with a very bad situation. I am not defending NCL, nor is anyone else, but it is a shame to carry on so much that a wonderful holiday can and will be ruined. There are times in life we can't change things thus we have to live with them. NMnita

A honest mistake as the OP started out the thread by stating that the cabins were "adjoining" . If a previous poster wasn't in attack mode, they may have understood the confusion.

I am curious about something though. Last evening at 10:25 pm the OP posted in part............

I finally taked to a nice Ncl representaitve. Of course he could not help but he completely understood and was actually nice and understanding which is really all I ever asked for I guress I will start all over again tomorrow..............

This led me to hope that she had a good NCL contact and that the issue might be resolved today.

Two minutes later at 10:27 pm the OP posts on another thread trying to attract Shoreguy to get some info to help out with the problem.

Six minutes later at 10:33 pm the OP starts a complete new thread restating her problem with NCL's error. This new thread is then added to the old thread by CC. She is appears (to me) to be very upset judging by wording and use of CAPS.

Seven minutes later at 10:40 pm the OP apparently still upset (again based on words and CAPS) advises an OP on another thread not to cruise with NCL based on her problem.

I am curious as to what happened to apparently upset the OP further after she posted about the "nice and understanding" man at NCL who "completely understood". And has anything happened since?

G

I am curious about something though. Last evening at 10:25 pm the OP posted in part............

This led me to hope that she had a good NCL contact and that the issue might be resolved today.

Two minutes later at 10:27 pm the OP posts on another thread trying to attract Shoreguy to get some info to help out with the problem.

Six minutes later at 10:33 pm the OP starts a complete new thread restating her problem with NCL's error. This new thread is then added to the old thread by CC. She is appears (to me) to be very upset judging by wording and use of CAPS.

Seven minutes later at 10:40 pm the OP apparently still upset (again based on words and CAPS) advises an OP on another thread not to cruise with NCL based on her problem.

I am curious as to what happened to apparently upset the OP further after she posted about the "nice and understanding" man at NCL who "completely understood". And has anything happened since?

G

Nice detective work. Makes one wonder, doesn't it????

OP is probably home listening to Christmas music, doing the packing, and happy to be going on a cruise tomorrow! I sure would be!:)

Keystone--

No apology is needed by me. If people want to disobey rules for their own pleasure(in this case, not having a child in the cabin with them, :rolleyes: ) then they have to suffer the consequences of their disobedience. Too many adults want their fun times and no interferring of children.

I am sorry, but my documents clear state any person under 21 must be accomplied by an adult over 21 in the same room.

Connecting or not, does not make the children in the same room as the parents. Since I hear so many of the posters are involved in education and schools, lets hear from them on the responsiblities of parents with their children. Or better yet, what would happen if your child was left in a adjoining or connecting room in a school situation without adult supervision all day? What would you do?

Does NCL have the legal right to make sure the rules are followed on their ships? You bet they do. Do they try to accomodate the parents? Yes they do, but when they have to make changes, all of a sudden, NCL is wrong. Sorry this person did disobey the rules in the first place by booking a separate cabin for children(adjoining or connecting) and then getting mad when NCL needs to make changes for whatever reason they want. :mad:

The answer was to book an AB stateroom. Then the children would have been supervised, the sleepwalker would not leave the room or go onto the balcony and fall overboard, and NCL would have had no reason to change their cabin.

Thanks to those of you that offered solutions and defending me. I do want to say that one of my posts the one that was in bold was edited by the cruise board. I never put anything in bold but if i had I did not know until my 13 year old daughter explained to me that is considered yelling. After tirelessly trying to get through to someone at NCl today that may help me if at all find a possible solution. For clarification we had connecting statyerooms and one was taken and moved several doors down. Had we been able to keep the adjoining rooms, the connecting door would have remained open at all times. We were looking forward to sharing a larger balcony . NCl is trying to get me an interior room across the hall so we will be closer but if it does not work out we will still have an awesome time. I never insinuated that this would ruin our cruise. It was just so unexpected and disappoiting,anyone would have been. I just felt so frustrated with the service from NCl and was asking for some of the expertise found on these boards. I never realized that i was opening up myself to critiques of my parenting skills to people that have never met me. Due to NCl 's Pearl being a new ship there were some configuration issues and the cabin that we had booked and reassigned is no longer available and apparently this just did not affect our room but also about 40 others,just fyi my kids would rather have an interior room and be closer and in the same lifeboat than down the hall. Just wanted to post on e last time so I could tell you that I did find one reservation specialist who was willing to help. kidrn:)

Keystone--

No apology is needed by me. If people want to disobey rules for their own pleasure(in this case, not having a child in the cabin with them, :rolleyes: ) then they have to suffer the consequences of their disobedience. Too many adults want their fun times and no interferring of children.

I am sorry, but my documents clear state any person under 21 must be accomplied by an adult over 21 in the same room.

Connecting or not, does not make the children in the same room as the parents. Since I hear so many of the posters are involved in education and schools, lets hear from them on the responsiblities of parents with their children. Or better yet, what would happen if your child was left in a adjoining or connecting room in a school situation without adult supervision all day? What would you do?

Does NCL have the legal right to make sure the rules are followed on their ships? You bet they do. Do they try to accomodate the parents? Yes they do, but when they have to make changes, all of a sudden, NCL is wrong. Sorry this person did disobey the rules in the first place by booking a separate cabin for children(adjoining or connecting) and then getting mad when NCL needs to make changes for whatever reason they want. :mad:

The quote by you that I feel that you need to apologize for is: .<...can't believe parents want their pleasure before being responsible parents>

Nowhere have I read that Kidrn was planning to leave her kids ALONE. No where has she mentioned any pleasure before their responsibilities.

Using your logic, then here are some other examples of parents who are guilty:

1.) Parents who take their kids to the buffet and dump them off at kids club so they can have a quiet dinner themselves. Shouldn't responsible parents allow their kids to have a nice meal and a family meal?

2.) Parents who leave their kids in group babysitting after 10:00 p.m., picking them up as late as 1:00 a.m. so that they can go to the bars and casino. Shouldn't the parents be responsible for getting the kids to bed at a decent hour?

3.) How about on my Star trip where the kids were running around the elevators running into people and not letting them on the elevators. Those parents are now irresponsible.

4.) Parents who leave their kids in group babysitting on board the ship while they go off on a shore excursion. Again, they are putting their own pleasure ahead.

I certainly hope NCL will take Dwrists advice on all their upcoming cruises. Dwrist and I expect NCL to make sure that:

1.) No children under 21 are in any cabin, connecting or not, without a parent staying in the cabin. Please instruct your room stewards to report any of this that they see to the Hotel Director so that it can be taken care of.

2.) Make sure that no alcohol is smuggled on board. (that would be a violation of NCL rules that Dwrist is so intent on following to the letter.) Make sure to open and check in every unsealed bottle that is brought on board to make sure they haven't replaced the water or other beverage with alcohol.

Dwrist, we both know that when people have connecting cabins it is highly doubtful that one parent will be in each cabin.

You don't seem to see any fault with NCL here, so let's make them step up and enforce the rules for ALL! (believe me, it won't happen....)

The one issue that none of the NCL defenders have addressed here is glaring..... If NCL has the right to move cabins (which they do), then WHY did they not notify Kidrn or her TA? (same is true in my case, none of us were notified.) If Kidrn had not gone on line to check, her family would have found out about the switch at check in. Too late to do anything about it.....oh, wait, now I understand why NCL didn't want to tell them.....

There is a very simple solution to this for NCL: move Kidrn's family BACK to the their original connecting cabins and then MOVE someone else from that lifeboat. (but please, at least notify the people this time.....)

I doubt there are any larger cabins (AB, etc.) left open at this late date, but if so that could be another option, no wait, that would cost NCL money, they won't do that. Wouldn't matter if we looked either to see if they were open, NCL would just lie and say they weren't.

Good points, keystone. :)

NCL will not enforce their own rules. Then (like I tell our private school admin) if you will not enforce your rules that you created, then change the rules. But and I will fight to the finish this, as long as the rules are there and until they are changed, it is being a responsible parent to obey the rules. Otherwise think about what you are teaching your children by disobeying them.

<kidrn--i do apology for the remarks that attacked your parenting skills>

Let me be perfectly clear, my husband and one child were booked in one stateroom and me and other 2 children were booked in the other. We did not break any rules. we have to book 2 cabins because we are 5 total and there were no AB available. Again thank you to the person defending me. I am not quite sure why the other person wants to assume I am so irresponsible. As i have posted before I am a pediatric nurse and I know what irresponsible parenting is and is not. That is not the point. NCl has not handled the customer service well from the beginning. I could never get by with treating people nor would I want to the way this has been handled. As I said before NCl and my Ta are trying to work something out so we can be closer.

If people want to disobey rules for their own pleasure(in this case, not having a child in the cabin with them, :rolleyes: ) then they have to suffer the consequences of their disobedience. Too many adults want their fun times and no interferring of children.

That is weird that your documents say one thing and mine another. Do they have different rules for different ships? I was on the Jewel and mine say "in the same OR an adjoining room" (caps mine). I reread it this monrning and copied some out in a previous post directly from it.

Edited to add that I checked ncl.com and on the FAQ's page, under the question "What are NCL's Age Requirements?" it clearly states that an adult can be in the same or connecting room.

Guess that means the OP is not disobeying any rule except the one you made up.

Archived