Vip

ibecruzen2

Does this get you on the ship faster? and what do you get out of it? Thanks Deb

Yes, you do get priority embarkation/debarkation. Ae you VIP due to the fact that you booked a suite--or that you're a Platinum cruiser [10+ CCL cruises].

VIP for Suite guests gets you checked in quicker and to the head of the line when they begin boarding. No priority when debarking.

Platinum guests also get priority debarkation. Suite VIPs do not get it.

Usually floors with Suites are called first. It may not be considered to be VIP but you're still ahead of the others.

I'm one of those they have to drag off....kicking & screaming. :D

On our Nov 25th cruise on the Liberty, there was NO priority given to the Suite decks. I was in a Cat 11 on the Empress deck and we were the fifth deck to be called after self debark folks, not that I cared because I was driving from the port. This was an 8-day cruise so there wasn't a lot of self debark going on. Too many bags for that I guess. Anyway, no priority given to us sweet ( suite ) folks. Just unlucky I guess:)

On our Nov 25th cruise on the Liberty, there was NO priority given to the Suite decks. I was in a Cat 11 on the Empress deck and we were the fifth deck to be called after self debark folks, not that I cared because I was driving from the port. This was an 8-day cruise so there wasn't a lot of self debark going on. Too many bags for that I guess. Anyway, no priority given to us sweet ( suite ) folks. Just unlucky I guess:)

Just off the LIberty 12-9 also Suite we got the priority embarkation, which was great. Keep in mind that they don ot take the usual photo when going VIP. No priority debarkation. No they did not call the Suite decks first, in fact we were towards the end of the list. Not alot of people took advantage of self debark that we could see. Not that it mattered our flight out was delayed 1 hour out of Lauderdale and another 50 minutes once we got to Dallas. So it was no big deal.

My sister and I are Carival Vacation Club members. We get VIP check in and disembarking. We love it. To be honest, it was one of the biggest reasons we bought into the club. It is much less hassle, a lot less crowed, and a lot faster. Getting on and off.

VIP for Suite guests gets you checked in quicker and to the head of the line when they begin boarding. No priority when debarking.

Platinum guests also get priority debarkation. Suite VIPs do not get it.

That is a point of discussion lately - there are obvious chinks starting to show in the platinum armor... :rolleyes:

Tom

I agree. From what I've read (and experienced) the 'self-debark' pax have 'priority-priority'. On our last cruise, the suite guests waited for self-debark to clear and then were led from a waiting area (lounge one level up from lobby) through the mass of (apparently deaf) people clogging stairways and the lobby to the gangway.

Archived