Capa de Campo

scouse mouse

Hi, I just returned from Millennium and had a fantastic

cruise:D

My review is down the page somewhere.

I took the Countryside Tour and it was very good.

Informative and fun.....a bit bumpy but we had a good

day:)

:) Has anybody been on excursions in Capa de Campo. Any recommendations? We are on the Millie 25/2 cruise, and are unsure what to do at this port.

The port is La Romano Casa De Campo is a resort. Most on my sailing were ver disappointed. I took the shuttle first to the Marina and then to the spanih villiage, both were a waste of time.

We did the catamaran snorkel through the ship last week. The catamaran was a true catamaran with 2 sails and the nets to lay in, a very nice boat.

We cruised nearly an hour to a spot where we snorkeled about an hour and then cruised by the very impressive yachts at Casa de Campo and then back to the ship. The only problem was that the boat did not provide snorkels or fins--just masks. Some complained to Celebrity and they gave everyone a 50% refund which I thought was very generous.

I would do this again, I would just bring my own equipment.

Others on our cruise were pleasantly surprised at the port. They enjoyed the Marina area. Another family loved the Bayahibe Beach excursion.

Check the ports boards over the next month. The ships have just started going there this season and hopefully that port thread will pick up.

As you can see, you will get varied opinions on tours...and

to stay on the ship or not....

I guess it depends on the person and that person's particular

tastes.

(Just like everything else in the world). For those who stay

on the ship I think they are probably glad some people DO

take the ports in........(less folks on the ship)...while others,

(like myself) had a great time on this particular tour.

Enjoy yourself, whatever you choose to do:)

:) Has anybody been on excursions in Capa de Campo. Any recommendations? We are on the Millie 25/2 cruise, and are unsure what to do at this port.

I have been there twice. As others have noted, "Casa de Campo" (literally, "country house") is a resort in the city of La Romana. The ship actualy docks next to the resort, which operates many of the shore excursions. On one of the visits, I did a sailing and beach excurson, operated by the resort from its marina, that was very nice. I don't recall what I did on the other visit.

The resort also has its own shops, which are pretty decent, if you want to go shopping.

Norm.

We are the family that luv2cruz referred to that did the Bayahibe Beach Break. We absolutely loved it. It is about a 20-25 minute ride to the resort.

We were a little disappointed in the way the transportation was handled. We waited about a 1/2 hour before the buses left. There were 3 of them. I never understand why they tell you to be there 10 minutes early and then make you wait for all the people that are running late. Load up one bus, then leave. Especially when you have multiple buses. Also, they never told us where to meet, or what time the bus would be heading back. Some people thought 5:00 some thought 5:30. We got back at 5 to be sure we wouldn't miss it, then we were all sitting there again. One man was so mad, he got off and said something to them, and the driver got on and we left. I don't know how long the other buses sat there.

That being said, we would sign up for this excursion again. We didn't let those few minor things ruin the excursion. The beach was beautiful and you had full access to the amazing pools at this resort too. Also included was an open bar with tropical type drinks. You are only there about 3 1/2 hours, but that was more than enough for us. The water was very clear, but you have to go out pretty far to do any snorkeling. If you are just looking for a nice beach to lounge, swim, and rest at, I would highly suggest this.

We have booked this same cruise for next year and plan on doing the same excursion again, so I guess that should tell you how much we like it.

Hope this helps,

Katy

Archived