A nice HAL perk for seasick folk!

doctornursejan

We were able to get FREE bonine and tylenol from the front desk. They were also selling those items in the ship store, but there are FREE for the asking! Save your money for other fun items!

They also will provide food items like green apples that help with the sick tummy! Jan

Better yet, instead of standing in line at the front desk to get one or two packets, walk into the infirmary (without waiting) and you'll see four bins holding Bonine, aspirin, Tylenol, and Band Aids. You can help yourself to a few of whatever you want.

I believe it is on all HAL ships, in fact I think all ships period. NCL has been offering the pills since the late 90s as well as Celebrity. Our last cruise on Armsterdam about 2/3rd of the ship got them I think. Actually I don't know how many, I just know they were lined up both at the desk and the infirmery. NMnita

I got sick as we left Tortola a few weeks ago. I had been taking bonine every night as well as Ginger pills. I thought I was going to be ok, but when we got to the dining room (and we were on the back wall!), my table steward looked at me and knew I wasn't well. He immediately ran and got me 3 packs of bonine, a green apple and crackers. I had to leave very quickly to not cause a "scene" and the combination of all three and a nice rest in the atrium took care of it. In 3 hours, I was up and ready to go!!!

I believe it is on all HAL ships, in fact I think all ships period. NCL has been offering the pills since the late 90s as well as Celebrity. Our last cruise on Armsterdam about 2/3rd of the ship got them I think. Actually I don't know how many, I just know they were lined up both at the desk and the infirmery. NMnita

Thats been my experience too......offered on all ships. If I recall I think I have even seen baskets of it at the front desk during rough seas on another cruiseline.

Archived