Delta Air from Barcelona

We are booked on the Brilliance Sept 18-30 out of Barcelona RT. We booked a rt on Delta non-stop from JFK(NY)-Barcelona and back. The return flight back to the US was supposed to leave Bacelona at 12:40 PM but we have just received an e-mail from Delta advising that the departure time has been moved up to 10:00 AM:eek: . Based on what I have read this is cutting it way too close. Has anybody had any experience with such an early flight back from the Barcelona airport?

Thanks

David

Sept. 30 is a Sunday, so a taxi from the port to the airport will be <30 minutes. The Barcelona airport is rather efficient, also.

So, if you get off the ship at 8 a.m., you should make it. That said, I would use this schedule change as an excuse to spend a day in a wonderful city.

Plan B: Heck, by September, they shcedule will probably have changed 4 more times!

Paul

If you look at all our postings, we are on the Brilliance Oct. 24th, we are alll going crazy with Delta and the changes. It will probably change again.

To reassure you, I personally called Royal Caribbean, and they said to book a return flight earliest 10am, so if it doesn't change again, you should be fine. Others have said, they are off the ship by 7 or 7:30am.

Let's hope they don't change it to 7:00am. LOL

A further problem is that there are few alternatives. Our 10:00 AM flight to JFK, in addition to being the only non-stop, is one of the later flights of the day. Every flight from BCN to Newark is 10:00 AM or earlier. The other alternatives are one stops thru CDG in Paris, involving plane changes and all that and 12 hour trips.

From what I can see, if Delta keps changing this flight, I will hold on for now and if all the afternoon flights thru France to JFK are sold out and I have to switch, just take another night in Barcelona and fly home Monday.

Wil have to pay the Travelocity deviation fee in any case.

thanks for posting--a big crisis for us--we got delta air via JFK at a great rate & the cost to leave a day later if available will be alot more plus a hotel--10 am is a close call & if you miss it then what--we are booked on celeb sametime period & they also say 10 am but I am not really very happy at this time--hope we can get a refund from crappy delta! No wonder they are going bust! Took almost an hr to get a non busy at Delta! Good luck to you our vacation is ruined!

spoke with celeb & they also said 10 am would be Ok but I could not enjoy my vacation worrying abt missing the plane on the last day--things do happen to delay getting off the ship or a piece of luggage could get lost etc... so DH finally got through to someone nice at Delta & we are going home the next day-- at the same rate . Does anyone know the least expensive place we can stay for this night near to the airport..? our pre-cruise nights are at a luxury hotel but cannot afford another night there! I am hoping Delta does not change the schedule again which is quite possible but at least now we have a day to work with---Hope everyone else is comfortable with their choice--I just want to be stress free...this is a first (& probably only trip to Europe) so I am finding out it is not as simple as crusing from Florida or NYC! PS the limited delta choices were the next day or a late afternoon flight laying over for 4 hrs in Atlanta...

So, if you get off the ship at 8 a.m., you should make it. That said, I would use this schedule change as an excuse to spend a day in a wonderful city.

Paul,

This is international travel, where the carriers ask you to be at the airport more than 2 hours before the flight, not getting off your cruise ship 2 hours before.

If your ship is in port early enough to get off by 6:30 or 7 at the latest, you should be OK. We took a Princess cruise last summer, and there were problems retrieving the luggage in the port of Barcelona. Thankfully, we didn't have a flight to catch, because the luggage took an hour to track down.

We're in a similar boat (pun intended LOL).......booked the 12:25 pm flight from BCN and are now on the 10 am flight...here's what we're thinking/hoping.....if that 10 am flight is almost sold out right now, they will add another down the road....doncha think?????? One Delta rep implied the 12:25 flight may be returned at some point. Hope so!

we thought about waiting but if it does not change back I didn't want to have the streess of mkaing the 10 am flight. We had the chance & took it now to get on the next days flight & booked a hotel room... We just aded an extra day & will plan to do some extra sightseeing on that day--this vacation is already way Over-budget!

lets just hope they stay in bussiness through the time of our cruise--- I read that they have a meeting with creditors or at at bankruptcy court coming up!

Anyhow--we are staying the extra day so hopefully any changes will not affect us unless they cancel the flights altogether. This airline has been changing flights for yrs--not sure why????

Agreed, trying not to stress about it, but trying not to add another day on the tail end either :eek: We're coming in a couple of days early and wanted to get home Monday night, if possible............. the way I see it, the sailing we're on isn't even half full, so those folks have to get home somehow!

Archived