South America tips

emckeeve

Tryuing one more time. We leave for Rio in a week and sail on January 7. Wondering if anyone who has taken the trip has any tips or a report to offer. How was Iguazu Falls? Any tours to take or skip? When docking in BA did they offer the tango show after the trip to the Falls or is it even feasible? Also, is it worthwhile to bring your own laptop? How is the connection made in your room? Thanks in advance if anyone has a report.

I loved having my laptop with me on both SDI and SD2. The technician will do the hookup for you in your room and then you have internet 24/7 for as many days as you wish. The fee is $35 per day, I had it for the full two weeks on the crossing and felt it was well worth the charge. If you don't take a laptop then there are 2 computers in the library that can be used... I think people buy cards with minutes for these. My laptop was wireless, don't know if that's a necessity or not.

As a matter of introduction . . . I am Liz (husband is Steve) - both age 58. Haven't sailed on SeaDream since 2002 when it was newly operating. Once in the Med (29 passengers) and once in the Caribbean (47 passengers). I wonder what it's like with a full ship?? We cruised Regent in Sept. Venice to Athens and, although the "suites" were fabulous and the food very good (at dinner), we weren't impressed overall. CAN'T WAIT to get back on SeaDream. Although we have traveled all over the world, we have never been to South America except for a quick 4 day business trip for my husband a few years ago. That's why I have been desperately trying to gather some information about his itinerary. I guess it will just have to be a new adventure. Our housecleaners, who are Brazilian, said to hold on to our pockets!! Six days until departure. :-) Depending on how much fun we're having, I'll try to send an occasional report.

Thanks for any info that you can provide either during or shortly after your trip. I think that you'll find that SD is fine even with a full ship. We've always had good experiences regardless of the number of passengers on board.

Our passports with Brazil visas just came back today. A mere $357 total for 2 visas. Ugh.

Best wishes for a safe and enjoyable trip. Can't wait to hear all about it. It has all appearances of a fantastic trip!

Have fun ctbjr1209 -I can't wait to hear about your Brazilian cruise - though I'm glad I don't have that plane flight home. .

ZQVol and son are in your neck of the woods this week. Heading to Tampa for the Outback bowl on Jan. 1.

Disney Jen and Andy are pulling for Penn State of course, while we are big UT fans -- one of us will be happy at the end of the game.

Happy New Year to All

Frequent Traveler

Thanks for the good wishes, zqvol. I'm sure it will be great and promise to be in touch regularly via this board during the cruise.

I'm sure that ft and son will enjoy their visit to the Outback Bowl. That's one hunt I don't have a dog in so will just be hoping for an entertaining game myself.

Happy New Year to you as well.

Archived