vancouver hotel

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on your budget - however I would go to Priceline and bid on a 4* downtown hotel and often you get either the Hyatt or the Westin Bayshore both are great hotels in great locations.

My favorite is the Pan Pacific but it is expensive. After that I like the Westin Bayshore, Hyatt, Hotel Vancouver (part of the Fairmont chain), Four Seasons etc.

Just remember, there are 2 piers in Vancouver--if you're on RCI, you may be at Ballantyne. That isn't within walking distance of anything you'd want to see, IMO. Canada Place is the famous, right-downtown one, and close to the sights. If you can, you might try to stay longer so you can take the Whistler Mountaineer (train) up to that resort--it's a beautiful trip.

Other hotel search sites:

http://www.mobissimo.com

http://www.kayak.com

http://www.tripadvisor.com

• 2 weeks later...

Someone mentioned Westin Bayshore...while I do adore that hotel, it's really NOT convenient to anything, especially not walking distance!

The Westin Grand, however, is.

I've also stayed at the Listel Hotel, and it was terrific (the beds aren't as comfy as Westin's beds, of course). But I didn't have cruising in mind and we had cars available, so I'm not entirely sure how accessible to walking sites it was.

• 3 months later...

We are flying into Vancouver a dya before our cruise, and the cruise doesn;t leave till 5pm, most check out times of hotels are 11am, we can't walk aorund town with all our luggage, how early do they usually let you board a cruiise ship that doesn't depart until 5pm, does anyone have any idea?

We ened our Alaska cruise 2 years ago July in Vancouver and I had gotten the Hyatt for $60 through priceline, I have been biidding for weeks now on Priceline and have bid up to $90 for a 3star and still no luck, what hotels downtown are 2 1/2 stars through priceline, does anyone know?

One more question, does anyone know what pier Princess uses?

The porters will take your luggage at the pier in the morning. I usually arrive at 11am and they almost always are available to take my luggage by then. I can usually get on the ship by 11:30am - 12 pm, then I head to the buffet for the lunch! So ignore it when the cruiseline say boarding starts at 2pm, you can usually get on the ship much earlier!

I didn't do Priceline for Vancouver because I wanted to be within walking distance of the pier. So I booked Ramada Limited because I know I can do the walk and because they are a good value.

Princess almost always uses Canada Place. Check out the port of Vancouver website for exact information: http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/content/schedule/index.php

Steve,

Thanks for the info. How much is the Ramada Limited? Maybe I will just try to book there if it's within walking distance, our luggage is in wheels sooooooo

Do you also have a suggestion for a moderate place to eat dinner while we are in Vancouver? We had such a hard time when we were there last time, everything was packed with people so we ended up at the Red Robin, a fast food sorta place, we were so hungry and the lines everywhere were horrible. We stayed downtown last tiem also.

Mary-Ellen

I am going to try the Irish Heather in the Gastown area the night we are staying in Vancouver. It is an Irish Pub, but they allow kids in there to eat. You should look for a place in Gastown. I think there's a Spagetti Factory there that we had dinner our 1st time in Vancouver in 2001.

The Ramada Limited is $149 CAD, which is about $125 US.

Archived