How much time prior to flight to arrive at BA airport on a Monday?

LauBu

I have read on this board that it can take 2 1/2 hrs to get to your departure gate at BA Airport (EZE) when flying out on the day the cruise ends (Sunday for Celebrity). What time should we plan to be at the airport for an 11 pm flight on a Monday?

No later than 8PM unless you are flying business or first class or top tier FF where you can use the priority check in and security lines. South American airports (any) are not known for being overly efficient or fast AND on a cruise day, it is even worse.

Just flew from Santiago three weeks ago. We were meeting other people from the cruise. We have an Admiral's club membership and thought a pre flight drink and get together would be a fun last thing to do.

One of the couples was IN LINE to check in for almost 2 hours (Delta). They barely made the plane. None of the other 4 couples had time for the drink. They all were in the check in line for AT LEAST 1 hour 20 minutes.

Be early, VERY early.

Give yourself at least 3 hours but I would recommend 3 1/2 hours before.

You first have to check in at your airport counter and that can take quite a while. Then after you have done this you need to get on another line to pay the aiport departure tax for each person in your party. Then you have a couple of security lines to get on. After you have done all of this if you have extra time there are lots of duty free shops to look at after you have gone through security.

Keep in mind the airport is very busy at night as there are many flights that depart in the evening.

Keith

We had a pre-arranged taxi pick us up at our hotel in BA. We got there, I believe 3 hours early. We nearly missed the plane. The lines were horendous at night, then we had to go pay the airport departure tax, and then to the gate. We stood in line everywhere we went--even at the gate. Go early. Must agreement with the rest. This was in Feb. of 2006.

Dear LauBu,

Oh, by the way, it was a Monday, we left BA!!!!

In answer to your latest question, we disembarked in Rio from the Rotterdam, flew to Iguazzu for 2 nights, then back to Buenos for 4 nights.

Rena

Yikes! 3 hrs and still almost missed the plane! I am so glad I asked about this here on CC. I booked my air myself and I'm not sure who would have told me this. I would have shown up at the airport around 9:00 for my 11:00 flight. You guys saved me - thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived