Gosh! I love Ft. Lauderdale!

JackieB

:) Good morning, I have not been inside a room, but into the lobby and the Riverside is definitely NOT a dump.

I will be glad to tell you how my room was set up after I return....but this hotel is lovely......it is in the middle of Las Olas Blvd. Restaurants and Shops on both sides.

Again, I only paid 69.00 for my room, so maybe I am looking at things a bit differently. But when I was in FLL In January......and I walked in their lobby...I know I didn't think "What a dump":( ....but instead, I thought...."I want to stay here":D .

And remember we all have different budgets......I sail solo and to be honest with you, I don't spend 150.00 for a hotel room.

Also, there is a restaurant inside the hotel as well as the others along the blvd.

Again, I will be glad to post a full review upon my return...I sail on 9-11 so I will be back 9-18.

Lois, thank you for the reassurance. I'm not opposed to paying that much for a room (it is considered high season), it's just that we are traveling with another couple who tend to be a little picky. Since I always make the arrangements, I always feel responsible if I make a bad choice. I will be very anxious to hear what you have to say after you stay there. Also, if you can find out if there is a significant difference between the old section guest rooms and the new section and if there is a way to request a room in the new section. I booked online, and it didn't give this option.

Is anyone familiar with Beachcombers Resort and Villas on Pompano Beach? We are going to stay three nights after our Century Cruise in January and have reserved a junior suite oceanfront for $210 per night.

Thanks,

Patti

Jerseygirl...did you look at the website? www.riversidehotel.com . Now, if your friends prefer a "Modern HighRise"...this might not be the place for them....

Not trying to be negative..but this is considered an "Old World" hotel...if you know what I mean....there is not a BIG LOBBY...but its more quaint....there is a lovely restaurant inside. Called the INDIGO GRILL...

I will ask them If I can see a couple of different rooms for you:) ...and will report back:D

Archived