Gosh! I love Ft. Lauderdale!

JackieB

Our cruise on the Century is coming up soon and here are the things I've been thinking about:

1. I love the Marriott Marina and the high rooms where I can see the Intracoastal Waterway boats going back and forth (from our hotel balcony).

2. I love being able to read the morning paper by the pool at the Marriott.

3. I love Don Schula's Steakhouse at the Sheraton Yankee Trader.

4. I love the water taxis on the intracoastal.

5. I love Las Olas Blvd and the reataurants and shopping there.

6. I love how close we are to the cruise ship docks and the excitement of going there before the trip.

Wait, there's more:

- I love the funky balconies at the Hyatt Pier 66.

- I love the beach in front of the Sheraton Yankee Clipper and their pool bar

as well as their burgers.

- I love the Starbuck's coffee at the Marriott.

I love the easy trip to / from the Ft. Lauderdale airport.

March, yes. February.. most of the time for me. January... it can be hit or miss. If the easterlies are really blowing, it can be on the cool side if you are swimming.. then attempt to sunbath.

However, if sure beats snowy New England in the winter!

Hmmm, you need to try LAX, DFW, Atlanta, ORD (O'Hare), or the worst yet, Barcelona. It could change your option. I have always found FLL to be very covenient, abeit a little crowded on cruise get away days. But nothing like the big airports!!! Oh BTW, I love FLL too, especially the hyatt Pier 66 and the intercoastal.

Bill

I love everything except the airport. I think it is one of the worst airports to get in and out.

Oh:) ...who mentioned how much they love Las Olas? I do too......and this time I am staying at the Riverside Hotel...located right in the center of the Blvd..fantastic location:D ....lots of restaurants on both sides!.....and got the room for 69.00!.....I was inside the lobby last time I was in FLL and told myself, as much as 17th Street has lots of choices....next time I am staying here;)....

Can't wait:)

Jimmy2x - I don't know if the pool is heated. I'm usually around it, not in it.

LoisR - I'm noy familiar with the hotel you're going to, but I know your feeling. My wifa and I were in New orleans on Bourbon street one time and we saw the Royal Sonesta Hotel there. We both said, "if we ever com back to N.O. we're staying here." And we did and had a great time.

Lois,

I'm the one who said I loved Las Olas Blvd. Gee, it's been at least 11 years since I've been there. Has it changed allot?

The flights from NYC to FLL in the winter have just been so outrageously high that it keeps us from coming. Already JetBlue wants $1,257 for 3 of us roundtrip when my son's school break weeks are. It's just too much to pay. They really sock it to parents with school aged children.

Anne Maria

sgrissom,

I don't blame you. There's so much to do and see and so much beach to partake of.

Hope you have a blast.

Do you like Greek food? I've wanted to get to Taverna Opa and dance and break plates. Let me know your thoughts if you do!

Cruising chick..11 years? long time!....lots of restaurants and shops along the Blvd....I love to stroll along and window shop...stop and have a drink....stroll....stop and have some food...stroll...LOL you get the idea;)

almost 1300.00 for plane fare for the 3 of you? Yikes:eek: ...that does seem like a lot of $$$!

I know what you are saying cruising chick. We boked our air 2 months ago for our Feb vacation cruise and now they have shot right up! I guess you have to just book the Feb flights as soon as they are out. We can only cruise during school vacations too and of course the cruiselines jack up the prices! NOT FAIR!

Z..I got my room directly through the hotel's website...I don't know what the price would be for February though...if you click onto the site it will bring up everything..rooms, reservations, etc.

I got my room for 69.00:) but I am going in Sept...it is definitely low season. February is high season...so I don't know what the price would be...check it out anyway!

Because the Marriott Marina (which is always our hotel of choice) is so expensive for the date we are looking at (March 10), I booked the Riverside Hotel. We are paying $159/night. That's alot better than the $299 Marriott Marina wanted. I hope we like it. We've never stayed anywhere but the Marriott Marina for a pre- and/or post-cruise. I've heard we should ask for a room in the new section, because the old section is kinda dumpy. Is that true. I hope, for $159/night, we're not staying at a dump.

Archived