Paradise Point Skyride

SarafinaSarafina

It is a great view, but my DH and I think that the cost to get there is pretty high and not worth it. If I remember correctly, the cost is the same if you book it through the ship or if you get the tickets right at the tram.

Have a great cruise!

I did it twice. I booked through the cruiseline as the price was the same so it was just easier to book through the cruiseline. It's a beautiful v iew of there and there is a nice little cafe/restaurant where you can eat or drink and see all the cruise ships that are docked that day. Both times my pics from atop were probably the best of all my saint thomas pics!!!

I did it twice. I booked through the cruiseline as the price was the same so it was just easier to book through the cruiseline. It's a beautiful v iew of there and there is a nice little cafe/restaurant where you can eat or drink and see all the cruise ships that are docked that day. Both times my pics from atop were probably the best of all my saint thomas pics!!!

One thought: if you don't know for sure that you will have enough time to take the tram up, just buy your tickets there (they sell them right at the base of the tram ride where you get on)- that way you won't be out the cost of the tickets if you don't go up to Paradise Point.

alrighty, thanks for the replies!

we took the ride following our wedding on Magens beach. The views are fantastic and they made great wedding pics. Everyone was very kind to us as we were all dressed up complete with bouquet etc. The drink we had at the top was very welcome. It was very hot, and also we had quite a wait for a car to take us back down, so make sure you allow plenty of time. We paid at the cable station, but it had the name of our ship on the ticket. We walked back to the ship - only ten mins again everyone was great wishing us all the best etc. had a great day and lovely lovely memories

We went in Nov... It was very HOT!!! I would not do it again.:eek:

We REALLY enjoyed Coki Beach and Sea Trek.:D

Enjoy your cruise!!

The hot part of the ride up was the killer for me. Once up there, the heat was not an issue. Sure, it was quite warm, but there was a breeze and moisture, and vegetation (and amazing, huge butterflies in all colors and patterns).

The heat issue was that I was crammed in the middle of the tram with no access to any air. I had hot bodies all around me as well. I have an auto-immune condition that messes with my temperature regulation whenever the heck it wants to, so naturally it choose right then to flare up. We got off the tram and I staggered over to the nearest shade (with some nice breezy air all around me) and collapsed for about 20 minutes. DH and I bring those little battery operated hand fans everywhere. That helped too. My poor sister is still learning about my conditions and was really concerned. As soon as my body re-regulated, I was okay (still hot, of course). For a while there, I thought I was going to pass out or do something equally embarrassing--heck, it was morning and I hadn't even had any alcoholic beverages, yet there I was staggering around like I'd been drinking since dawn.

On the way down, my DH made sure I was by a window. No heat problems for me at all. But I do recommend that anyone taking the ride try not to be the miserable soul squashed into the middle. It's really the pits.

We bought tickets through the ship (actually ended up being cheaper because we purchased them several months before and the price went up before our cruise). You still have to stand in line and all that, so if you don't know for sure that you are going to have time or want to do it, then I'd just purchase them there.

Some thoughts. Okay, it's not the most spectacular place in the world, but we felt it was worth the money. Like JenAMR, our pix from the summit were spectacular. They are gorgeous and look just like postcards (except that we're actually in them). My sister and BIL took a little hike and enjoyed that; DH and I took a shorter stroll, which was actually very nice. We did not drink (except water) because we were all going snorkeling shortly after that. But if you aren't snorkeling, diving, boating, or anything that requires you to be sober, I'd get a Bushwacker for sure. Or if you go in the afternoon as your last event of the day, then definitely have a drink or two and relax up there.

beachchick

Since we'd been to St. Thomas several times, the last time we were there we mostly just walked around and shopped. We walked (short distance) to the aerial tram for something different to do.

We enjoyed the ride and the view of the bay and ships is outstanding. It wasn't particularly hot or busy the day we were there. At the top there are a few shops and cafes and some gardens and paths. There was also a nice little show with trained parrots, macaws, etc. I can't remember the cost for the tram; somehow $3 pp sticks in my mind, but no guarantee on that! This was three years ago.

It was a pleasant little sidetrip; fun, but not something I'd plan my day around. Just a nice ride if you're not doing anything particular.

Im planning on doing this when we are there in Feb...according to their website the prices are..

Day Pass tram ride - $18 pp

Skyride + drink $25 pp

Skyride,drink & tshirt - $40pp

You can also print our some coupons..there are 4..

1) $1 off frozen drink

2) $2 off bushwacker in a souvenier tram car mug

3) $2 off "tequilla trammer" shot in a special Skyride shot glass

4) $4 off a paradise point tshirt

• 2 weeks later...

Archived