My TA confirmed the WRONG cruise!!!!

7SeasLover

Just received my e-mail confirmation outlining everything pertaining to my south America Cruise and asking for final payment. I had been expecting this, but not what I read! We are leaving and returining out of Miami! (We're in Los Angeles). Dates are right, ship is right, cabin (we're booked in a suite and I have the number) says TBD, the CAT says TBD, the itinerary is blank. The price is $200 more than my origiinal confirmation.

Now what's up with this? Our ship sails from Buenos Aires - not Florida! We return to Valparaiso Chile, not Miami.

Very strange. All I know is I'm embarking in Buenos Aires and disembarking in Valparaiso - not Miami!

At least she confirmed this cruise with my Latitudes number (I think), as this boosts me to Gold membership. Hopefully it was just a minor glitch and I'm still confirmed in my suite on the Crown!

The Confirmation Number is the same, so how can a completely different itinerary show up? How can my assigned suite not show up? This has never happened to me before. I don't have a personal relationship with this TA. I just know that she saved me over $700 when I switched my booking to her.

Any ideas?

I would call and ask her. Many times the computer generates the confirmation and she/he may have input the departure city incorrectly. It seems everything else is in order (other than your confirmaed cabin and price), but these are questions you should be asking your TA directly.

I did ask her - immediately after she sent the confirmation, I fired off an email. I assume she's looking up the information now and will get back to me. She was online with me, as messages were being instatnly exchanged. Until, that is, I said it's wrong! I'm sure she's looking it up.

I'm confident it's just a glitch and that she'll come back saying... it's fixed! I hope she doesn't come back saying my suite is gone or worse, that I'm goimng to the Caribbean instead of South America! :eek: :eek:

call the cruise line directly so you can stop worring. If they say call your TA explain what happened and tell them you coulnd'nt reach her and are very anxious about this situation and merely want to confirm you're sailing on the right ship.

Good luck Ginny I hope it does not turn out to me the most expensive $700 you ever "saved". If in fact the TA booked your air out of Miami that could be the original lower price.

I would check my online registration to confrirm the reservation and cabin #. You could even call NCL with you booking number to validate what they have for date, cabin, flight dpt city.

I thought that would only show cruises booked direct ? Those are the only ones of mine that show up.

Mine show up through online TA's and those booked directly with NCL. I have no idea why. Gee, you don't think there's some kind of weird thing with their web site, do you? :);)

I even found one that had mistakenly been left off our Latitudes history, but I had to register my husband first to find it. There it was, thank goodness. The nice people at NCL didn't believe me. :)

TA didn't book our flights. I booked directly from Ontario CA to DFW then direct to Buenos Aires.

I'm quite sure this is just a blooper, as I've chatted off and on with my TA on other things and she knows it's SA. I'm sure it was a typo -- I hope. I do know that my airline ticks are non-refundable! I'm going to SA, be it on the Crown or sitting on the doorstep of a hotel!

I'll keep everyone posted. I'm going to call the TA and NCL as well, but I need to wait until hubby wakes up. I'm the only wacko around here who watches the sun rise every day.

I'm going to check that other link to the old website and see what it says. I'm also registered, so I'll go check what THAT says too. (Isn't this exciting? I'm confirmed on a mystery cruise!)

Mine show up through online TA's and those booked directly with NCL. I have no idea why. Gee, you don't think there's some kind of weird thing with their web site, do you? :);)

I even found one that had mistakenly been left off our Latitudes history, but I had to register my husband first to find it. There it was, thank goodness. The nice people at NCL didn't believe me. :)

Where do you view your Latitudes history:confused:?

Then that is the first place I would go. It shows cabin and air details including departing city

Ya! Way too much partying for her to be sending confirmations this morning! Ha ha ha!

I just went online and verified that NCL has my reservation on the Crown, on Mar 25-07, to South America: Buenos Aries to Valparaiso.

I didn't see confirmation of my suite number, but at least I'll be on that ship. My plane tickets take me to BA, the ship will be in BA, what more can a girl want?!

I may just call them later this morning to confirm. Let's hope I saved that $700 and won't have to burn it and more in fixing this.

I'll keep y'all posted with what my TA says.

Where do you view your Latitudes history:confused:?

I called after the last cruise to make sure my kids' Latitudes #'s were attached to the reservation (I'm still confused as to whether or not they get credit as kids - I've been told absolutely yes and absolutely no, but I've been giving their Latitudes #'s just in case) and NCL had no record of our January Sun cruise. I panicked when I couldn't find the reservation number to confirm with her. I finally found it listed under my husband's name instead of mine, called back and everything was fine. I did start a document saved on my laptop that has each NCL cruise, the reservation number, who was cruising with us and any other particulars, just in case NCL loses the info I have something to fall back on.

Ginny, I hope this is straightened out soon. I know you're worried. :)

I think we've uncovered the culprit... a new computer system. I have been assured that my reservations are in perfect order and will be receiving a corrected confirmation soon. She also confirmed that this cruise has been credited on my number of cruises with NCL. (I believe this one moves me to the Gold Latitudes.) Funny that my TA's say one thing and NCL phone reps can't seem to confirm. Wish there was an online place to verify all my info like Hilton Honors and other memberships do.

Looks like I'm going to South America after all. One other thing she didn't mention, however, was the $200 difference in fare. That's a fairly important detail.

When it's all said and done I'll post the final outcome.

I think we've uncovered the culprit... a new computer system. I have been assured that my reservations are in perfect order and will be receiving a corrected confirmation soon. She also confirmed that this cruise has been credited on my number of cruises with NCL. (I believe this one moves me to the Gold Latitudes.) Funny that my TA's say one thing and NCL phone reps can't seem to confirm. Wish there was an online place to verify all my info like Hilton Honors and other memberships do.

Looks like I'm going to South America after all. One other thing she didn't mention, however, was the $200 difference in fare. That's a fairly important detail.

When it's all said and done I'll post the final outcome.

Great news - The cruise will count toward Gold after you complete it.

Ginny, how does it work when you move between Latitudes levels? Like is my fifth cruise with NCL the next step up, or is it the one after? I hope that makes sense. What I'm asking is if you have to actually complete the cruise that bumps you to the next level.

Ginny, how does it work when you move between Latitudes levels? Like is my fifth cruise with NCL the next step up, or is it the one after? I hope that makes sense. What I'm asking is if you have to actually complete the cruise that bumps you to the next level.

I'd like to know that also. My upcoming cruise takes me up to Silver but I'm guessing I don't get the credit until the cruise after that? With a back-to-back, I won't have to wait long to find out!:D

I'd like to know that also. My upcoming cruise takes me up to Silver but I'm guessing I don't get the credit until the cruise after that? With a back-to-back' date=' I won't have to wait long to find out!:D[/quote']

According to Shoreguy's response, it would be after your next cruise.

Is the board weird to anyone else today? Now I don't have an 'edit' option. I tried to start a thread about posting problems, but it was deleted. :confused:

Yes, you have to complete the cruise before it counts.

Archived