Shower in the gym/spa area

beckym

I've read a few CC posts where people recommend using the spa/gym area showers because they are roomier than the ones in the stateroom.

Is there any special requirement in order to use them, or do you just show up? Do you have to have had a spa treatment, or used the gym equipment, before being permitted to use the spa floor shower?

The particular ship I'm asking about is Carnival Valor, but am guessing policy about this would be similar on most lines/ships.

Thank you in advance for answers and advice!

I've read a few CC posts where people recommend using the spa/gym area showers because they are roomier than the ones in the stateroom.

Is there any special requirement in order to use them, or do you just show up? Do you have to have had a spa treatment, or used the gym equipment, before being permitted to use the spa floor shower?

The particular ship I'm asking about is Carnival Valor, but am guessing policy about this would be similar on most lines/ships.

Thank you in advance for answers and advice!

The gym, sauna, steam room and showers are available to everyone at no extra cost and you don't need to part take of any spa treatments either.

The best part is that some of the showers have multiple heads. (one on the ceiling and four on the walls)

I'm not usually one to stay in the shower for a long time, but those multi-head showers change everything.

I use the showers in the Spa so DSO (Darling significant other) can have the Cabin shower to herself, especially when dressing for formal night.

If you leave your S&S card at the desk of the Spa they will give you a locker key. There are TONS of towels in the dressing area. On the Glory (sister to Valor) each shower had a small dressing area with a bench and the shower itself was very large. No multi-heads. The Legend had multi-heads that could be controlled by seperate knobs.

Steam room and Sauna are exquisite and dont forget to visit the Spa hot tub.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2141115300040556309VVxoMY

Hope this helps.

Thank you all for the information, Caribsun, RWolver,BoundingMaynard, CampDaan (what a generous move to leave while our SO is preparing for the evening) Mr Dood. LOL, Lewdog!! I s that Lew Dog or Lewd Dog (-;?

Can hardly wait for that hot shower in the gym area!!

Thanks again, helpful CCers. You all "rock the boat" !!

I thought it was a great idea to use the showers and sauna on formal night. My girlfriend and I took all of our stuff to get ready- DH's stayed in the room. Except, upon getting out of the shower, realized that they are not any outlets! We convinced them to let us use a booth in the salon since we were already up there! (this was on Conquest)

LOL, Lewdog!! I s that Lew Dog or Lewd Dog (-;?

It is Lew Dog, in honor of Lewis, my 3 leg Black Lab.

You laugh but I wasn't joking. On our Xmas cruise on the Fantasy I was going into the sauna one day and there was a Carnival employee, fully clothed asleep on the bench in the sauna!

If you are on the Victory check out the dry and steam sauna's with their floor to ceiling windows. Nothing beats a sauna and looking out to that blue Caribbean Sea.

I thought that too when we were on the Victory in June, only we were going to Halifax instead of the Caribbean.

However, I much prefer the sauna on the Fantasy with no windows and the little color changing lights in the ceiling, just seemed more relaxing to me.

I understood from several posts a few months back that there were no longer hot tubs in the spa areas. Someone please tell me I am wrong.

You are wrong. Actually it seems to depend on the ship. The Victory has a hot tub in the spa area, the Fantasy does not.

Sadly that is the extent of my experience on Carnival ships but we tentatively have a trip scheduled in August on the Triumph.

Lewdog, even more LOLs since that is a TRUE story! Poor crew member! Good thing he wasn't roasted and toasted. So cool that your name here is in honor of your dog.

Steph, glad you were able to complete preparations for formal night--I'll remember that lack of outlets if I go up there to shower.

Runner, I wonder if Valor has the same windows--hope so.

Resq--Bon Voyage!!

Will be on the Glory. Question, are the sauna's for couples or is there one for guys and one for ladies??? Are all the towels I will need supplied at the showers and sauna's??? What do you ware in the sauna, do they have big towels for us to use or do we bring our robe from the room??? so many questions, you sauna before a shower after working out or what?? Thanks Lynn

Will be on the Glory. Question, are the sauna's for couples or is there one for guys and one for ladies??? Are all the towels I will need supplied at the showers and sauna's??? What do you ware in the sauna, do they have big towels for us to use or do we bring our robe from the room??? so many questions, you sauna before a shower after working out or what?? Thanks Lynn

One for the guys, one for the ladies.

All the towels you will need are right there in the locker room. You can get a key for a locker at the front desk so you can have a place to lock up your clothes.

I carry a small towel in with me to place over my lap and that's all I "wear".

I will sauna after a workout for relaxation. I will also go days I don't work out just because it helps me relax and sweat all the toxins (great if you drank a bit too much the night before) out and over the course of your cruise you can even loose a little weight ( I lost 3 pounds last month on the Fantasy).

I always shower after the sauna as you will be very sweaty, which is of course the purpose. Be careful, it is addicting!

I tried to answer this 2 days ago but the way this site is (please upgrade your servers!) running....

There are 2 sized towels in the dressing room. Sorry, no couples sauna.

I carry a small towel in with me and lay it over my lap, that's all I wear.

I then get a big towel to dry off after I finish in the sauna and shower

Archived