Sabatini's...is it worth it?

canuk05

We have dined at Sabatini's twice when they first opened it onboard Princess ships. To us, it is more quanitity the quality food. Way too much food even for my DH who can eat and eat and eat.

Is it fun to try once, or twice? Sure, but it just seems like it isn't worth it for us anymore to stuff ourselves like that at one meal. I know it is your choice to turn down coarses, but that is difficult to do in an alternate restaurant as you want to try almost everything.

So, to us, I would have to say NO, it is not worth the extra charge unless you just want to try it for something different. We weren't all that impressed with it even when giving it a second try.

My dh and I have tried it twice for dinner and once for brunch on a sea day. DH would like to go again for dinner, I would skip it. The food was very good but I also enjoy the main dinning room. I would do the brunch again on a sea day.

For us, with small appetites, we felt there was much too much food, and resultant wastage.

I doubt that we would go there again - but we have talked to many who have really enjoyed it.

Isn't it wonderful we have so many choices?

Agree with all above, but would add, that if you like steak (and really big shrimp in the shrimp cocktail) that you should try Sterling's. It is $15/person. Go on Tuesday (or whatever day the dining room is serving the "Caribbean Menu" - in our opinion, it was not very good) and you'll have a great time!

We have gone there three times for dinner and twice for their brunch. I like the brunch much better than the dinner, and would skip the dinner entirely if DH didn't like it so much. I am allergic to shellfish, so my choices there are very limited.

That being said, it is still fun to try something new! :)

If you've never tried it, I'd go. We enjoyed the food, but it was too much food. Save room for the homemade pasta, it was delicious!

If we did another cruise, I think I'd probably do the Crown Grill instead, as the dinner won't take near the amount of time Sabatini's did.

We did not like Sabatino's.....we were unhappy with the food and the service. I think it is totally overrated and not worth the $$. We also dined at the steakhouse and enjoyed our meal. I would not spend the extra $$ again but it was ok to do Sterling's once.

Sabatini's is an experience in itself. Do not try to eat there and rush off to a show. It takes hours. They keep bringing different foods to try. My son is a big fan of the Cooking Channel, and he was delighted to try so many foods he had seen on TV, but Mom just doesn't do. DH wouldn't go, because he only likes well done beef, and hates sea food.:( (I only married him; I didn't raise him!) My son was more fun, anyway! By the time we were finally finished, I was so tipsy from the wine, DS dragged me back to the cabin, where I slept the rest of the evening. I think I sang "O Solo Mio", but I'm not sure! This is probably not for gourmets, but we loved it!:p

We were on Crown 12/30/20006 to 01/06/2007, for me it was worth it but they are very slow, the reservation was at 7:30 pm and we left the restaurant at 11:00 pm.

You try everything in the menu, the main course is ordered, skip the soup is verryyyyyyyy bad, everything else is good.

We were on Crown 12/30/20006 to 01/06/2007, for me it was worth it but they are very slow, the reservation was at 7:30 pm and we left the restaurant at 11:00 pm.

You try everything in the menu, the main course is ordered, skip the soup is verryyyyyyyy bad, everything else is good.

It is worth it. But you need to keep a few things in mind.

This is Italian but NOT Olive Garden Italian. I think too many people go to Sabatini's and expect Lasagna and Spaghetti. This is a version of true Italian, what you might actually get in Italy.

If you are not used to “dining” on land, you won’t like Sabatini’s. This is not a slam your food on the table place so you can make the 7:00 movie next door. You sit and enjoy your experience and that takes time. The food is actually cooked as you order it, unlike the dining rooms. Plan for two hours or more. Get bottle of wine and enjoy!

You will get many small portions of many different foods. Try them all! We saw too many other tables rejecting courses because they didn’t know what they were! Try new things!

We enjoyed the experience very much.

Archived