new to RCI...have a couple questions

we have taken Princess on our 5 cruises, but will be going on RCI for this next one. We are doing the 10 day europe cruise beginning in venice and ending in portugal on November 24 to December 4...

we have always had a mini suite on princess and don't think we could ever have a regular balcony room after seeing that dinky shower that is a triangle shape with a shower curtain!

on this cruise we are booked for a D1 cabin on deck 7, but are wondering if we should change to a junior suite.

what are the showers like in a regular room with a balcony on RCI? are they a bath tub type shower? do they have a shower curtain or glass door?

we want to be able to move around in the shower and not be bumping into things!

Europe Cruise -Splendour of the seas, November 24 2007

I'm pretty sure you would find the small shower with shower curtain in a regular balconey cabin on Splendor as she is an older ship. The junior suites normally have a tub/shower (nice) and extra sitting room. Hope you have a great cruise with RCI.

I'm pretty sure you would find the small shower with shower curtain in a regular balconey cabin on Splendor as she is an older ship. The junior suites normally have a tub/shower (nice) and extra sitting room. Hope you have a great cruise with RCI.

All the JS rooms on RCI are about the same size. We have had 3 JS and 1 GS. They had regular size bathtubs with shower curtains. I did get to look at a D1 that my daughter was staying in and stepped into the shower. It was very cramped. I am large though, 5'11" and 275 lbs, but my daughter had no problem with it. I also like the JS's larger seating area, a couch and 2 chairs. I spend a lot of time in my room, and invite family and guest in to visit.

All the JS rooms on RCI are about the same size. We have had 3 JS and 1 GS. They had regular size bathtubs with shower curtains. I did get to look at a D1 that my daughter was staying in and stepped into the shower. It was very cramped. I am large though, 5'11" and 275 lbs, but my daughter had no problem with it. I also like the JS's larger seating area, a couch and 2 chairs. I spend a lot of time in my room, and invite family and guest in to visit.

The JS's can differ on size depending on the ship so you can check each ship on the RCCL website and it will give you the measurements for each JS. On the Splendour it shows your JS as 236 sq ft with a 75 sq ft balcony. Compare that to the Empress JS that is 214 sq ft with a 46 sq ft balcony. On the explorer my JS is 277 sq. ft. with a 69 sq ft balcony and it has a full size tub with shower curtain, large walk in closet, a wall of cabinets and closets for storage with desk and vanity, nice size bath with good counter space and shelves, good size living room area with sofa and chairs, fridge, full wall of glass with sliding door to balcony, etc. I can only tell you about the Explorer and the JS is very spacious and comfortable. The D1 on the Explorer shows it is about 100 sq ft smaller than the Explorer JS so just check on the website what the size difference is between a D1 and a JS on the Splendour to make your decision as the D1 is probably even smaller than a D1 on the Explorer. If you are happy with a mini suite on Princess, you most likely would want a JS on the Splendour. Do the virtual tours on the website of both cabins and look at the layouts to get a better idea also. Have a great cruise! :)

Since you are mini suite cruisers with Princess a D1 will not satisfy you unless you get a AFT or HUMP balcony which is much larger than the other side ones. (Similar to Caribe Deck on Princess).

Radiance Class & up have shower doors on the shower so no curtain stuicking to you as you cleanse. But if you are used to a tub, then that is a JS which is a larger room with a walk in closet & bathrub so a large shower space with curtain in the JS.

we have taken Princess on our 5 cruises, but will be going on RCI for this next one. We are doing the 10 day europe cruise beginning in venice and ending in portugal on November 24 to December 4...

we have always had a mini suite on princess and don't think we could ever have a regular balcony room after seeing that dinky shower that is a triangle shape with a shower curtain!

on this cruise we are booked for a D1 cabin on deck 7, but are wondering if we should change to a junior suite.

what are the showers like in a regular room with a balcony on RCI? are they a bath tub type shower? do they have a shower curtain or glass door?

we want to be able to move around in the shower and not be bumping into things!

Europe Cruise -Splendour of the seas, November 24 2007

Archived