Do any Ocean View windows open?

omdiane

Does any one know of any ocean view cabins that the windows open in? I would love fresh air once in a while!

I spend my summers in a place you can only get to by ferry. A little kid stuck his head out of an open window once and was crushed by a wooden pole that the deckhands were about to throw a rope around. Don't know if the configuration of a cruise ship would allow that, but... it's what came to mind to me. Sad day that was.

Our first cruise on Princess we had a cabin advertised as having "floor to ceiling windows".

We walked into the cabin on embarkation day, slid open the "floor to ceiling windows", and enjoyed our unadvertised (and mispriced) balcony.

So I guess if it happened to us, it can happen to you.

(and yes, they reclassified those cabins right around the time of our sailing)

nitemare, what a suprise for you! That is what I was wondering.........If anyone knew of any that opened, perhaps the picture windows that look like they may slide half way open. Some of these are on higher decks.

I've never, ever seen any picture window on any cruise ship, regardless of location, that opened up. Can you imagine the legal problems that would happen if a child opened a window like that and fell out. Sorry, but no windows open on cruise ships. Not only that, but many passengers have been on ships that had rough seas to the point that the waves went as high as the 9th deck. That's one of the other reasons they don't make windows that open. Nitemare was talking about actually getting a misprinted balcony cabin and not a cabin with a window that opened---unless I'm wrong Nitemare and you actually opened a sliding glass door that had no balcony.

I understand the Seabourne ships have large windows that open in some cabins, but they advertise them as "French balcony" cabins, with a very small ledge on which one can stand outside the window. It seems to be more an opening window than a real balcony.

Archived