Prices on Princess Website?

CRUISENAV8R

Correct, I live in Europe, though my travel agent is in the states. Do you happen to know why it matters?

It's because Princess is trying to protect their European market from where they get far higher revenues than they do from their North American customers for the same cruise.

They also have tried several times to stop US T/A's from selling to people in Europe. Some have agreed to stop and others have carried on despite the pressure.

You can get around this by using one the surfing anonymizers that are around. If you chose a proxy server in the US it would defeat the block on pricing. The Princess website looks up your IP address and if it is located outside of the US you get this message.

The whole blocking thing is really silly IMO.

Cheers,

Peter

Who would have thunk it? I have noticed the prices for "local" travel agents are higher. Fortunately, it is not hard to find "US" prices, as there are enough sites to get those quotes.

At one time, RCL's website not only had different price quotes for Europe and the US (I did the currency conversion to make the price check fair), but different prices in different countries!:eek: Have not tried lately though.

I really think the prices should be the same, but in the end, doesn't a cruiser need to use their correct address?

You do still use your correct "Overseas" address when you book via a US based T/A, it's just the T/A that takes on the argument with the cruise line should they choose to query it.

As said previously, some T/A's have run scared and others have stood their ground and threatened to move their "Overseas" business to other lines which usually solves the problem.

Archived