Is there no soda station on the deck outside?

Travel Lover

I see that you have to buy an unlimited soda pass for cokes. Is this correct? Do they no have a station with all cokes and teas on the outside deck near the other restaurants? I have been on other cruiselines that do have this set up so they are free. My husband drinks them non stop so he will have to pay for this. I do not drink them. What a rip off $5.75 or something xs the number of days you are on the ship (7)!!!! WOW

Let me know if this is right.

I see that you have to buy an unlimited soda pass for cokes. Is this correct? Do they no have a station with all cokes and teas on the outside deck near the other restaurants? I have been on other cruiselines that do have this set up so they are free. My husband drinks them non stop so he will have to pay for this. I do not drink them. What a rip off $5.75 or something xs the number of days you are on the ship (7)!!!! WOW

Let me know if this is right.

What ship have you been on with free pop? I've been on many cruise lines and never have they had free pop, just coffee, tea and water, juice at breakfast. And you can always bring pop on board for your husband.

We just went on Disney Cruise Line in Nov. and they have a soda station and tea, milk and coffee on their outdoor deck near all the restaurants. You have to go up to the deck to get it but it is all free. It was so nice. I personally only drink tea but he drinks cokes non stop.

I don't suppose they supply Splenda for the iced tea?

I am such an iced tea nutfreak that they will probably eliminate the free tea just because I drank them into the poorhouse!! :D

Of course, to be on the safeside, I will bring plenty of yellow packets with me...

I am such an iced tea nutfreak that they will probably eliminate the free tea just because I drank them into the poorhouse!! :D

Of course, to be on the safeside, I will bring plenty of yellow packets with me...

Last time I was on NCL (June on the Spirit) they had splenda.

Plenty of Splenda :)

What a rip off $5.75 or something xs the number of days you are on the ship (7)!!!! WOW

$5.75 a day may seem like a ripoff, but I think you have to look at the overall package. To me, the base cost of a Disney cruise seems to be a lot higher than many of the other cruise lines. So one way or another, you're paying for that "free" soda.

Base prices for cruises have went down since I started cruising. I know that I'm paying less now for a 7-night cruise than I did for my first 3-night cruise.

Overall, I think the total value is pretty darn good, even if I'm getting charged $5.75 a day for soda.

Have a great cruise!

last cruise, for 7..we brought diet pepsi for my DH, regular pepsi for me, dr. pepper for BIL...case of water for FIL and SIL. that's juse the stuff i know of..have no idea what niece and her hubby packed with them. take you own and don't worry about the soda card. pick up more, if needed, at the ports.

last cruise, for 7..we brought diet pepsi for my DH, regular pepsi for me, dr. pepper for BIL...case of water for FIL and SIL. that's juse the stuff i know of..have no idea what niece and her hubby packed with them. take you own and don't worry about the soda card. pick up more, if needed, at the ports.

Goawaywinter

Yes you are right.. It is true Disney does have a lot more to offer on their ships but you are right, you end up paying for them all in the cabin price.... That is why we are back to NCL... We loved our NCL cruise and it is so much better priced.... So I guess we can pay for his cokes...

Toyz

Good idea to take some and pick some up at the ports. I bet they are high there but still better off. I will let him know that idea to and he can do what he wants to do !!!

that way we all had just what we wanted. we took thier "stuff" out of the little refrigerator and put our stuff in it. worked out great. got glasses from the buffet, carried around a nice glasses filled with ice and our pepsi's. DH took it into dinner with him ..i drink ice tea..no problem there.

We just went on Disney Cruise Line in Nov. and they have a soda station and tea, milk and coffee on their outdoor deck near all the restaurants. You have to go up to the deck to get it but it is all free. It was so nice. I personally only drink tea but he drinks cokes non stop.

You go out to the deck to carry your drink into the restaurant:confused:

Hope I got that wrong:(

My friend carries these things around in her purse, particularly on cruises, to turn regular water into something more palatable:

http://store.drsoda.com/crystallight1.html

My only problem with these is they have aspartame in them, which gives me KILLER headaches... but for those who can take it... it's certainly an option to sweeten up mealtimes without buying soda.

It may seem like alot up front, but if your husband drinks soda all day long, then a soda package is a great deal. If you think he might drink 6 sodas a day....at about $1 each (probably more), you're getting more than your money's worth.

Cosmo,

I do not think I said we carried them into a restaurant. I just meant that they have the soda station up on the deck so you have to go up there and get them whenever you want them.. But they give them to you at dinner as well. You do not have to go up to the deck to get them and then bring them to dinner with you. I think someone else posted something about taking them to dinner with them. I just meant they do not have a soda station on every deck or anything only up on deck 9....

Does that make sense????

To add, a small glass filled with ice of soda costs $1.25. 12 ounce can of sodas cost $1.75, and they aren't ice cold. You have to ask for a glass filled with ice when ordering the cans. Doesn't this info make the $5.75 a day sound much cheaper?

I'm tired of so many comparing NCL soda prices with grocery store prices, how about comparing NCL soda prices with soda prices at McDonald's or at a more upscale restaurant like Chilis? If you did, you'll discover NCL's soda prices aren't that high.

The same can be said for NCL's beer and mixed drink prices too. NCL isn't selling them at prices similar to what you'll find at a 7-11. But the prices are competitive to what you'll find at a restaurant or bar & grill. After all, NCL is doing more than stocking the shelves with the items, they are also serving them mixed in a glass with a human touch added.

I'm tired of so many comparing NCL soda prices with grocery store prices, how about comparing NCL soda prices with soda prices at McDonald's or at a more upscale restaurant like Chilis? If you did, you'll discover NCL's soda prices aren't that high.

A better comparison would be to the prices at a hotel, especially those little cans in the mini-bar, like $3.00 for one soda when you can buy a whole six-pack at the store for maybe a dollor more. Part of the extra costs are for the labor going into providing those sodas. I'm sure its the same with the cruiselines.

Archived