QM2 Roundtrip Discount?

rosinryanz

Hi,

I think it's about £150 per voyage....

I asked for a cruise only price on a QE2 transatlantic and the airfare discount was £150... I assume it's a set price for all the transatlantic's, but I may be wrong.

Probably best to just ask Cunard the question.

Regards,

David

Does Cunard offer a discount for people wishing to sail transatlantic roundtrip (in lieu of using the included air)? I know QE2 did this for many years. I would love to be able to sail over, travel around, and then sail back.

We are booked in July, each crossing had its own rates and there was no discount.

In North America, air is not automatically included in transatlantic fares.

Even when it was, there really wasn't much of a discount when you worked out the math because most of it was the associated air cost.

On the North American tariff, the only combined fares are for a crossing, plus 12 night Europe and then the return crossing. These 24 night voyages typically do not have promotional rates. Therefore, it is usually less expensive to book the three voyages separately using promotional rates.

Does Cunard offer a discount for people wishing to sail transatlantic roundtrip (in lieu of using the included air)? I know QE2 did this for many years. I would love to be able to sail over, travel around, and then sail back.

You really need to indicate whether you are booking via US or UK. Things are radically different for each side of the pond.

Matthew

In North America, air is not automatically included in transatlantic fares.

Even when it was, there really wasn't much of a discount when you worked out the math because most of it was the associated air cost.

On the North American tariff, the only combined fares are for a crossing, plus 12 night Europe and then the return crossing. These 24 night voyages typically do not have promotional rates. Therefore, it is usually less expensive to book the three voyages separately using promotional rates.

We actually did book our three voyages seperately as the savings over booking the 24 days was considerable , approximately 15% less.

Hi,

My wife and I haven't had included air on crossings as of late. Please check your brochures. As far as I know, included air is out.

Thanks,

Kurt

Archived