transfer valparaiso port to santiago airport

jackieN

does anyone have any recomendations for transfers from the port to the airport please

Ship transfers, lots of tour companies that have ship transfers OR you can drive yourself.

Easy drive, gives you a way to really look around Vina/Valparaiso, which is georgeous. The rental car company is Advantage, bookable online. About $10.00 taxi ride from the port to the car rental company. Drop off at the airport. The actual rental car company is Rossalot. But renting through Advantage saved almosst $50.00 over direct. I paid $117.00US for a large (Chevy Impala size) car. Plenty of room for two of us and ALL the luggage. We did this Dec. 3, as our plane did not leave until 9:00PM and I did not want to get stuck at the airport for 4-5 hours. Most of the tours leave you off at the airport about 4:00PM. Long wait at a crowded airport.

If you rent a car, don't forget to get Chilean pesos to pay the toll. IIRC, the toll was about $3.00US. But they don't take US dollars on the toll road. Had to turn around and go buy something at the convenience store to get change to get off the toll road.

We hired a private tour company to meet our ship (NCL Crown) when she arrives in Valparaiso. They will pick us up at the pier and take us on a tour that includes a winery. The tour will end in Santiago at the airport.

We felt it was a good deal for the money.

We are also leaving Santiago and seems like I read somewhere that there is a departure fee. (If there is) is it payable in USD or do we need pesos for that?

Thanks!

Ship transfers, lots of tour companies that have ship transfers OR you can drive yourself.

Easy drive, gives you a way to really look around Vina/Valparaiso, which is georgeous. The rental car company is Advantage, bookable online. About $10.00 taxi ride from the port to the car rental company. Drop off at the airport. The actual rental car company is Rossalot. But renting through Advantage saved almosst $50.00 over direct. I paid $117.00US for a large (Chevy Impala size) car. Plenty of room for two of us and ALL the luggage. We did this Dec. 3, as our plane did not leave until 9:00PM and I did not want to get stuck at the airport for 4-5 hours. Most of the tours leave you off at the airport about 4:00PM. Long wait at a crowded airport.

If you rent a car, don't forget to get Chilean pesos to pay the toll. IIRC, the toll was about $3.00US. But they don't take US dollars on the toll road. Had to turn around and go buy something at the convenience store to get change to get off the toll road.

We are also leaving Santiago and seems like I read somewhere that there is a departure fee. (If there is) is it payable in USD or do we need pesos for that?

Thanks!

There was no departure fee a year ago. No fee for arrival by ship in Valparaiso either.

7SeasLover,

With what company did you get your transfers from the ship to the airport in Santiago with a tour? We are leaving on the Crown a week from Saturday, and are looking for such a group. What was the cost of the tour? How long did it last.

We appreciate all of your help

Dee

Archived