Norwegian Spirit- Rooms that ugly??

Dee79

I see all kinds of pictures of the staterooms on this ship. Are they really that ugly?? I mean the bright neon stripes for bedding. Kinda distracting don't you think?? Anyone have any updates? Maybe they upgraded their ugly blankets with something more calming..

Alrighty, thanks for confirming. To each their own I guess. If you like bright neon colors.. then you like the rooms. I just don't like the fact of maybe I'd feel as if I were sleeping in a psychadelic circus tent. :rolleyes:

It's just this ship that I dislike. Norwegian has other ships where the rooms have neon colors, but they're nicer.. My own opinion. But I'm glad it's being confirmed so I can steer clear of this ship. :D

LOL...the combinations of stripes and patterns do kind of make you wonder what the designer was on when choosing fabrics for the cabins.

But you get used to it. :p

Besides, it's not as if you spend all day in your cabin looking at them. And then, at night the lights are turned out anyway. :D

LOL...the combinations of stripes and patterns do kind of make you wonder what the designer was on when choosing fabrics for the cabins.

But you get used to it. :p

Besides, it's not as if you spend all day in your cabin looking at them. And then, at night the lights are turned out anyway. :D

Very good point Linda! :) I'd be afraid to come back very intoxicated and get sick. But hey, that's me! :p

Picture any other room other than the Spirit. And that's what I'm into. Carnival Miracle has nice rooms ;)

I did a tour of the Spirit last year to check it out before booking myself & my group. We'll be sailing Feb. 10.

When it toured the ship, I was pleasantly surprised after reading so many not so great reviews. Also, I am very spoiled with my expectations after being on the Jewel & the Dawn many times.

I do remember noticing the bedspreads & carpeting, now that you've mentioned it. Can't do anything about the carpeting but here's a suggestion:

One of the best perks with NCL is the bedding. You will have a clean wonderfully comfortable white partially down comforter. On our past NCL cruises, after the first day, our room stewards put away the bedspreads and made our beds with this white comforter. If your's doesn't, I would just ask him or her not to put the bedspread back on. Personally, I've always felt the bed was cleaner without the spread because I wonder how often cruise lines & hotels wash them.

If you do this, you will only have to look at that spread the first day & I'm sure by the second day you will have long forgotten what it looked like!:)

On our past NCL cruises, after the first day, our room stewards put away the bedspreads and made our beds with this white comforter.:)

We did this exact thing - and enjoyed our inside cabin much more without the stripes. The colors are not well represented in the pictures - they are not quite so obnoxious as they appear. Not great, but do-able.

The wonderful bathrooms on this ship make up for the little bedspread fiasco.

Just ask the steward to remove the spread for your cruise. The white comforters are wonderful down or down-like. Very comfy.

You will love the marvelous shower with a full glass sliding door!

Perhaps they have changed the spreads since we cruised in 2005 - but at any rate, it is a beautiful ship, and this should not be a deal breaker at all IMHO.:)

I see all kinds of pictures of the staterooms on this ship. Are they really that ugly?? I mean the bright neon stripes for bedding. Kinda distracting don't you think?? Anyone have any updates? Maybe they upgraded their ugly blankets with something more calming..

we were on the Xmas cruise and I didn't think the room was ugly but it definitely had some mileage on it. But come on, how much time do you spend in the room????;) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

we were on the Xmas cruise and I didn't think the room was ugly but it definitely had some mileage on it. But come on, how much time do you spend in the room????;) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Quite frankly, I don't go cruising based on bedspreads.:)

We sailed on the Spirit in October and loved the ship especially its unique Asian decor. We were very impressed by the soaring atrium (if you ignore the neon stripes flanking the elevators). The food, staff and entertainers were great and we look forward to spending Valentine's day on the Spirit next month.

We sailed on the Spirit in October and loved the ship especially its unique Asian decor. We were very impressed by the soaring atrium (if you ignore the neon stripes flanking the elevators). The food, staff and entertainers were great and we look forward to spending Valentine's day on the Spirit next month.

That's so nice to hear. 4 more sleeps for me and may your Valentine's Day cruise be filled with love and romance and tons of good fun and food. :)

Hope you enjoy the Miracle.The Spirit has a way better intinerary for a 8 day cruise.We did the Miracle in 04 and let's just say it was our last Carnival cruise.Look at the stops san juan from 3-12? Tortola from 7-2,you barely have time to leave the ship.Like you said to each his own.Good Luck

I couldn't care less about the decor of the staterooms. After staring out of my grey cubic for 11 months of the year, and walking out to darkness at 4:30 pm every day in January and most of February. a burst of color whilel heading to the tropics is a welcome change.

I couldn't care less about the decor of the staterooms. After staring out of my grey cubic for 11 months of the year, and walking out to darkness at 4:30 pm every day in January and most of February. a burst of color whilel heading to the tropics is a welcome change.

Never thought of it that way! I won't have to face my co-worker"s backside for 8 days!

What a great outlook. :D

That's so nice to hear. 4 more sleeps for me and may your Valentine's Day cruise be filled with love and romance and tons of good fun and food. :)

Don't know why you use 1951 but that was the year my wife graduatd from high school and I took her to her prom. We were married in 1953 and next month we celebrate Valentine's Day on a Spirit cruise we expect to be filled with lots of love and romance.

Archived