soda card on QM2?

Chrislynn55

Our family has just booked on the QM2 for a summer cruise and our teenager wants to know if Cunard has some version of a 'soda' card that can be purchased for the length of the cruise. On other cruise lines he has done this and we are hoping this is the case with Cunard too....he drinks a lot of coke/pepsi on vacation!

Kathy

Soda cards cost $3.90 per day for the duration of the cruise plus the 15% Gratuity. Cunard actually include cans as well (Diet Sprite) whereas Princess although part of the same "Carnival Group" do not.

We also had them over the Christmas and New Year period on the QM2. You can purchase them on the gangway to the ship on embarkation or in any of the bars.

Our family has just booked on the QM2 for a summer cruise and our teenager wants to know if Cunard has some version of a 'soda' card that can be purchased for the length of the cruise. On other cruise lines he has done this and we are hoping this is the case with Cunard too....he drinks a lot of coke/pepsi on vacation!

Kathy

If there was any justice in this world there would be a champagne card!

Matthew

A champagne card...what a concept!:)

Thankyou for the information about the soda card, our son will be very happy to hear this.

One last question.....this one about dress code. We will be on early dining (Britannia class) and I would think there is a chance that we might not get our luggage on embarkation day soon enough to dig out appropriate clothes for dinner that night. On a four day cruise, will everyone still be dressed to the nines or will it be a little more casual that first night? For example, could I wear an elegant pair of capri pants and heels (nice top too, of course!), does my husband have to wear a suit or could he be in fairly dressy pants and a collared, golf-type, short sleeved shirt?

Thanks in advance for any advice. Although we have been on a lot of cruises, this will be our first time on a ship like the QM 2.

Kathy

If there was any justice in this world there would be a champagne card!

Matthew

You have lurched into the truth! The best idea I've heard in a while. :cool:

Charter Members of the Cunard Champagne Card Club, declare yourself!

Kurt

(Is there any chance of a splinter group that devotes itself to single malts?:D )

Hi Malcolm, A number of years ago a few of us set up a malt whisky appreciation society on Caronia. By the end of the cruise we had cleared the entire ship of six different malts.

Regards, Colin.

Hi Worktoplay,

No,we are on the August 31 sailing. We're hoping there will still be some kids on board for our 16 year-old...maybe not though, school starts on the last day of our cruise.

You people have me craving a good glass of champagne!

Kathy

You have lurched into the truth! The best idea I've heard in a while. :cool:

Charter Members of the Cunard Champagne Card Club, declare yourself!

Kurt

this seems like a great entrepreneurial opportunity!!:D

For a six day crossing:

Champagne sticker on your ID card $300

Single Malt Sticker " $600

Beer sticker " $150

Anything unlimited sticker " $1000*

*Includes hospital detoxification at port of arrival.

this seems like a great entrepreneurial opportunity!!:D

For a six day crossing:

Champagne sticker on your ID card $300

Single Malt Sticker " $600

Beer sticker " $150

Anything unlimited sticker " $1000*

*Includes hospital detoxification at port of arrival.

Now THERE's a club I could join!

Karie

Karie's Cunard Cruise Critics Champagne Club Card- Charter member

Marc's says he'll pay for the $150.00 beer sticker. Can we get an add-on for the detox at port? And there might be a need for an add-on for divorce lawyers. Cuz if I'm spending that much money to cross on a lovely lady- And he spends it on beer drunks, snoring and making other sounds from other orifices, he might well need a ride home- Wherever his home will turn out to be. And we're not even married!

Archived