Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

We took the Conquest Feb,1,2008. It was our first cruise and boy did we learn alot. In Montego Bay we rented a private car for about 30 bucks a person. For that we got a 4 hour tour of the island. Rosehall, Anchovie and Downtown. It was really worth it since we saw things that were off the beaten path. In Grand Cayman we did the Sting Ray/Snorkel tour with Kelly's Watersports it was worth every penny and I would do it again in a heartbeat. In Cozumel we chose the Beach Break at Playa Mia. It was awful! Do not book this through Carnival. We paid $69.00 each for what was to be an air-conditioned bus ride and all inclusive trip. Well the bus ride turned into hot over crowded taxis that took over and hour and half to get us all there. Once there we needed cash for deposits on everything. The only thing that was absolutely free was food and drink. Our family took a taxi on their own and paid $20 for the same things we got, plus they got to the beach an hour before us. even with that it was a wonderful trip! We are booked for Feb 09 on the Victory.

wow, sorry to hear about your bad experience at play mia. we had a fabulous time, had no deposits, and it was great and i would do it again in a heartbeat. i wonder what happened. sorry it was not good for you. :(

Hey for those of you who have already been on cruises can you tell me what type of camera you used? I am looking to purchase a new camera and i want one that can take pictures on shore and underwater. Any thoughts on this? I heard some where not to buy the ones from walmart that they don't work.

thanks

I got an underwater digital camera for Christmas (Vivitar 6.0MP All Weather/Underwater Digital Camera - 6200W) for $120 from Target dot com. you can just go to their website and do a search for waterproof digital cameras. This is sure going to save us money in the long run, plus it is a lot easier to upload them to the internet than trying to scan each one or buying a cd with development. :cool::cool:

We took the Conquest Feb,1,2008. It was our first cruise and boy did we learn alot. In Montego Bay we rented a private car for about 30 bucks a person. For that we got a 4 hour tour of the island. Rosehall, Anchovie and Downtown. It was really worth it since we saw things that were off the beaten path. In Grand Cayman we did the Sting Ray/Snorkel tour with Kelly's Watersports it was worth every penny and I would do it again in a heartbeat. In Cozumel we chose the Beach Break at Playa Mia. It was awful! Do not book this through Carnival. We paid $69.00 each for what was to be an air-conditioned bus ride and all inclusive trip. Well the bus ride turned into hot over crowded taxis that took over and hour and half to get us all there. Once there we needed cash for deposits on everything. The only thing that was absolutely free was food and drink. Our family took a taxi on their own and paid $20 for the same things we got, plus they got to the beach an hour before us. even with that it was a wonderful trip! We are booked for Feb 09 on the Victory.

Thanks for the info~ I tried to book a with native life but no one has called or emailed me back so i think i will give Capt marvins a try everyone say's hes the best anyway. Thanks for the advice it really does give me more peace of mind. Thnaks

When you booked your trip, did you just guarantee a certain class or did you book an actual room? My boyfriend and I are planning to book on the Conquest for Aug. 31st. I've been cruising several times, but I'm not sure I've ever been "in charge" of the booking. :) Booking a certain class would be cheaper (in the hopes of being upgraded), but booking an actual room seems safer. Thoughts? Also, what are the chances for an upgrade in your experience?

We are VERY excited! It looks like the reviews for this ship are pretty high! This forum is awesome!

TIA! Kim

If you are familiar enough with cruising to know what you want in a cabin and can find a guarantee that will meet your minimum expectations and save you some money then it is perfectly reasonable to book a guarantee.

If you book a guarantee with the expectation that you will be upgraded and you will be disappointed if you are not upgraded, then you are setting yourself up for disappointment and should probably spend the extra money booking the cabin you want.

When you booked your trip, did you just guarantee a certain class or did you book an actual room? My boyfriend and I are planning to book on the Conquest for Aug. 31st. I've been cruising several times, but I'm not sure I've ever been "in charge" of the booking. :) Booking a certain class would be cheaper (in the hopes of being upgraded), but booking an actual room seems safer. Thoughts? Also, what are the chances for an upgrade in your experience?

We are VERY excited! It looks like the reviews for this ship are pretty high! This forum is awesome!

TIA! Kim

I booked conquest for July 6th 2008 and we got to pick our room ( Cat 8b cabin 7449 aft with an exstended balcony) My DH and I were suposto go on the same cruise last year but had to CLX and I rememberd everyone saying there was nothing better then having an AFT balcony so that is what i told my PVP again this time and we ended up with the same cabin just one deck lower then last. I just let him know what i wanted and he did the rest. It states on our booking sheet the cabin number and everything. I don't know anything about guarantees or anything like that.

Ang

Okay, So i was talking with my PVP about maybe changing my cruise dates to get a lower rate. Everyone i have talked to say's i am cruising durning prime season and am paying alot and could get a much better deal if i changed my dates by a few weeks. So this is my delema~ I am booked conquest 7/6/08 and if i change my date to 08/24/08 I would still get the same cabin and save 1,000.00/ that is right a " THOUSAND DOLLARS". My problem is this....... This is our very first cruise and i have heard the later in the year the better chance of hurrican's and i would hate to miss any of the ports.

Questions

1. Have any of you cruised Conquest in Aug. and if so how was the weather? I think rita and katrina both hit in Aug????

2. If you had the choice between a Exstended balcony, Wranp around balcony or Suite which would you choose and why?

I can't believe i am even thinking of pushing back my cruise date but a thousand dollars is a lot of dough :D

Anyone ever tried to put a banner or something on the balcony so you can spot it in port? I just want a pic to say, "that's our balcony"- not sure how to attatch- zip ties? rope? Anyone? We got red, white, and blue banner things for $1 each after July 4th last year. I wonder if we can use them....

We're also cruising during the Nov election.....

Has anyone stayed in a rear balcony cabin? We have stay in a corner wrap cabin (suite) on the Spirit (Alaska) and loved it. I was just wondering about the 'extended' balconies on the rear and movement on the boat. In Alaska you don't really get to open water much so it was like glass the entire cruise...

Has anyone stayed in a rear balcony cabin? We have stay in a corner wrap cabin (suite) on the Spirit (Alaska) and loved it. I was just wondering about the 'extended' balconies on the rear and movement on the boat. In Alaska you don't really get to open water much so it was like glass the entire cruise...

I don't know much about the AFT balcony cabins other then what my PVP told me. The Aft balcony is 60 sq feet compaired to 30 on a reg balcony. He also said the view is great from those cabins. He did mention that being on the veranda deck might be a problem due to being right under the lido deck and all the chairs sliding around and that pepole can see straight down on to your balcony. I just changed my cruise to 08/17/08 and got the aft balcony cabin 7449 I can't wait!!

Happy cruising!:)

Ang00035.....we have always cruised in September and have never missed a port. Save the $$$$ and don't worry about the weather. The captain will keep you safe if a storm pops up!

Thanks for the advice. I took it!!! :D I didn't book the 8/31/08 or 08/24/08 which would have saved us 1,000.00 but i booked 08/17/08 and that saved us 600.00. I would have booked the later date but it didn't work well for the person keeping our kids for the week so i figured we still saved money. I am in the same room and everything.

Question? I purchased the cruise protection plan has anyone had to use this? Is it worth it or just a wast of money? I figure with having small children that i better not take a chance and just get it. Little kids seem like they are always getting sick and my kids exspecially since we've moved here to TX. Any thoughts on the protection plan?

Thanks Ang

I don't know much about the AFT balcony cabins other then what my PVP told me. The Aft balcony is 60 sq feet compaired to 30 on a reg balcony. He also said the view is great from those cabins. He did mention that being on the veranda deck might be a problem due to being right under the lido deck and all the chairs sliding around and that pepole can see straight down on to your balcony. I just changed my cruise to 08/17/08 and got the aft balcony cabin 7449 I can't wait!!

Happy cruising!:)

We had 7453 on the Conquest in January 2007...we loved it. I think your TA gave you excellent advice and I'm glad you switched to deck 7. You will really love this cabin and you will really get to know the other aft cabin residents as it's like a block party back there entering and leaving port.

The only down side to these cabins was the long walk to the Toulouse-Lautrec but I figured I needed the exercise after all my other indulgences.:D

We had 7453 on the Conquest in January 2007...we loved it. I think your TA gave you excellent advice and I'm glad you switched to deck 7. You will really love this cabin and you will really get to know the other aft cabin residents as it's like a block party back there entering and leaving port.

The only down side to these cabins was the long walk to the Toulouse-Lautrec but I figured I needed the exercise after all my other indulgences.:D

What is the Toulouse-Lautrec ???? I have heard this before but have no idea what it is? thanks

What is the Toulouse-Lautrec ???? I have heard this before but have no idea what it is? thanks

It's the main show lounge where the big production shows are held. During the day they hold trivia and line dancing etc. It is all the way forward on decks 3,4 and 5.

yipee I got my tickets for my May 4th conquest cruise today. I can hardly wait.

:D Yipppeeeeee I am happy for you! I am not going until Aug. 17th now but I can't wait. I am counting the days. What all came in the mail? Tickets??? Ang

Congratulations!! We're on your cruise but haven't gotten ours yet. Maybe tomorrow. :p Had to cancel a cruise back in February so we are really ready for this one.

Congrats on getting your documents.

Hennie "PaPa Smurf" will be your ACD on this cruise.

Tell him that his "cruise Mom" and DJ said hi!!

Have a great cruise!!