Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

We live an hour and a half from Russellville' date=' near Fayetteville. Russellville is a great town! I saw pictures online of Gilcrest. It absolutely blew my mind! We've driven through Gilcrest before and it is so hard to believe that practically everything is just gone! I feel so bad for everyone from that town! Thanks for the info on Galveston. I've been checking the web and some hotel websites in Galveston won't open, so I assumed maybe they weren't opened back up yet. I'll keep checking![/quote']

Stayed overnight in Russellville once. Had a great meal at the steakhouse there. That was several years ago.

Hi everyone!

Can someone tell me about Camp Carnival and how you felt about it? Was it satisfactory for you and your child? I have a 4 year old nephew who will definitely be cruising with me but soon than anticipated.

Thanks,

Erica

Just another Kudos for Camp Carnival. My 8 yo and 2 yo attended. No problems. DD 8 did not want to hang with us at all. DD2 cried day 1 and some of 2, but they were very kind in working with us. After day 2, all she talked about was camp

Does anybody know if the Conquest has fruit punch?

I was so bummed when I read that they have removed the fruit punch from all the other ships but I have read on other ships that they still have it and on other ships they don't.

We were on the Conquest 11/16 - 11/23 and still no fruit punch. I was surprised that I didn't miss it that much.

• 2 weeks later...
looks like the Conquest thread went to sleep for a few days

Well, we have another Carnival cruise booked and it is on the Conquest:D

We decided to try the "new" itinerary for something different out of Galveston!!

can't wait to hear a report of the new itinerary. We are still hoping they will replace freeport with something else. I can't imagine sailing all night to round one island and get to the next one....the bahamas are not as big as cuba.

can't wait to hear a report of the new itinerary. We are still hoping they will replace freeport with something else. I can't imagine sailing all night to round one island and get to the next one....the bahamas are not as big as cuba.

You better not let some people hear you say that you might get bopped

Sorry but I didn't think to ask this before as I just assumed that soda 'card' literally means a card, you know, hard plastic. However, in speaking to someone earlier today, she said that her girls had wrist bands placed on them when they were on another cruise line earlier this year.

So, do we get 'cards', wrist bands or, something else altogther?

Also, since we can bring on a small amount of canned soda, bottled water and wine, is there a liquor store nearby that we can walk to or order from? If we can order from them, do they deliver?

If we want to swim with the dolphins in Cozemel, is the snorkeling good in Jamaica?

Thanks,

Lynder

Sorry but I didn't think to ask this before as I just assumed that soda 'card' literally means a card, you know, hard plastic. However, in speaking to someone earlier today, she said that her girls had wrist bands placed on them when they were on another cruise line earlier this year.

Also, since we can bring on a small amount of canned soda, bottled water and wine, is there a liquor store nearby that we can walk to or order from? If we can order from them, do they deliver?

If we want to swim with the dolphins in Cozemel, is the snorkeling good in Jamaica?

Thanks,

Lynder

good question?? I assumed there was a symbol on the S&S card or something??

Thanks,

Lynder

I seem to recall my grand-daughter got a soda card, because she wore it around her neck with her sail and sign card. The wrist band that she got was because she was under a certain age. All children under a certain age have to wear a wrist band that tells the crew what muster station to take them to in case of emergency, or some thing like that. It was given to her during the muster drill.

This was on the Ecstasy 12/07.

I asked this question on the destination boards and on the carnival board with no answer, so I'll ask here...

We are traveling aboard the Conquest in April and I was wondering if anyone knows where to rent a small sailboat at any of the ports? Something like a Hobie or Sunfish. Thanks....

I asked this question on the destination boards and on the carnival board with no answer, so I'll ask here...

We are traveling aboard the Conquest in April and I was wondering if anyone knows where to rent a small sailboat at any of the ports? Something like a Hobie or Sunfish. Thanks....

The only things I can think of is to try Eden Rock in Grand Cayman for water craft rentals and CozumelInsider dot com in Cozumel. You can also do a search for sailboat rentals and your destination.