Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Hello all!!!

I apologize in advance if this questions has already been posted before, but I can't seem to find this question. I've sailed before on the Ecstasy and both times I got sea sick. I had dremamine (sp?) with me which helped me out some. When I was doing some research, I read that the Conquest has stablizers that helps with the motion.

So i wanted to ask if this is true and I also wanted to ask if I would feel a lot of motion on the Empress deck. I believe our room # is 7292.

Also, I was reading a review and the poster mentioned about a "secret door" on deck 7...Does anybody know where I can find this door??

Any info is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks again!!:D

The Conquest does have stabilizers, but it really depends on how rough the seas are. You can get seasick on the Conquest. I take bonine (2 tablets every night) to help me with my motion sickness. I have been on the Liberty, which is the same class of ship, and felt the motion a lot. I felt queasy, but not at all close to throwing up.

The Conquest does have stabilizers, but it really depends on how rough the seas are. You can get seasick on the Conquest. I take bonine (2 tablets every night) to help me with my motion sickness. I have been on the Liberty, which is the same class of ship, and felt the motion a lot. I felt queasy, but not at all close to throwing up.

Thank you so much for your response. I will definitely bring bonine/dremamine w/me!!:)

Thank you so much for your response. I will definitely bring bonine/dremamine w/me!!:)

I liked the chewable tube of bonine best. I know some told me draminine was the same, but the box I bought didnt seem the same. Im a Bonine fan. We always bring it, just in case. We hit rough seas our first cruise on Ecstasy.

The "secret" doors I know of, you walk all the way forward and can go out on the deck. There are several such decks in the front usually. I heard there was another one in front of the theater some got to.

Is it open on Sunday evening? It is our anniversary and I sure would love to eat there again :)

If so, do I need to wait until we board, or can I call Carnival and make the reservations?

I know you can reserve ahead of time, sometimes it doesnt work. Host Mach would know for sure who to contact. You might post this in general Carnival questions if no one sees it here, Iv seen the answer before how to make your reservation ahead of time.

Firefly.......are you sailing on 9-20? We will be on that cruise also! BTW we used to live in Plano, so I know the Richardson area very well. Small world.

Im cruising in 3 weeks on the Conquest, yes also on 9/20/09 too, but didnt book with the crazies. I was booked on my own and didnt really know much about CC cruises, that the price was the total price or realize what a good deal the CC price was at first, not its too late. I dont want to change cabins, so Im booked that date, but not with the Crazies. My TA added in a cancel/change fee so I wouldnt have saved much. I wouldnt book that early again with that TA, but at the time they had just added the new fee. So $50 would have been eaten up by cancelling to rebook with the Crazies. We booked our friend thru the Crazies though, cant beat the single rate, she got a port hole cabin for just herself for $779 total, with $100 OBC just for her. Next time there is a CC cruise, now I understand the price is the total price and will book thru CC from now on whenever possible.

Yep, small world.

Biker Rally Weekend 10/31/08 - 11/2/08

Rooms are very hard to book for the night. I was quoted $269.99, for the Quality Inn. Most hotels in the Galveston area are booked or extremely expensive for one night. I made arrangements at EZ Cruise Parking for the car, but will probably stay somewhere between Houston and Galveston Saturday night.

Do you know if this rally is an annual event same weekend each year? We are booked on the Conquest same weekend in 2009. Maybe we need to try and get room reservations now? Edit...Looks like it was the same weekend in 2007. Any suggestions on making reservations over a year away?

Do you know if this rally is an annual event same weekend each year? We are booked on the Conquest same weekend in 2009. Maybe we need to try and get room reservations now? Edit...Looks like it was the same weekend in 2007. Any suggestions on making reservations over a year away?

I think you can only reserve that far in advance by calling the hotel directly. Im trying right now to reserve the Ramada Ltd across from Hooters for my sept 09 date and looks like they may be taking reservations thru 2009. Depends on the hotel.

Well I can see a rate online, but when I called the hotel, they said I had to call reservations, who said they can only reserve thru 2008??!! said she cannot see information that I can see online on her end. le grrr

Hotwire looks like I can reserve about 11 months ahead, but you cant be sure of getting a hotel that has cruise parking.

I know you can reserve ahead of time, sometimes it doesnt work. Host Mach would know for sure who to contact. You might post this in general Carnival questions if no one sees it here, Iv seen the answer before how to make your reservation ahead of time.

Thanks Firefly, I will post on the main Carnival board.

Biker Rally Weekend 10/31/08 - 11/2/08

Rooms are very hard to book for the night. I was quoted $269.99, for the Quality Inn. Most hotels in the Galveston area are booked or extremely expensive for one night. I made arrangements at EZ Cruise Parking for the car, but will probably stay somewhere between Houston and Galveston Saturday night.

In 2006 we sailed on The Ecstasy that left on Saturday during this weekend. We could not find any hotels for under $250 - and these were hotels you would normally pay less than $100 per night. I got on Priceline and bid for a hotel in the Houston Hobby area. I can't remember exactly how much we paid, but bid for a 3 star hotel (I think?) and got the Sheraton right off I-35 for around $70. We were very happy with this hotel, especially after driving for 9 hours.. We got up and left for Galveston about 8:00 AM. With construction and traffic (which included hundreds of motorcycles) we made it to port by 10:00. This is normally about a 45 minute - 1 hour drive.

My plan was to get to Galveston early and drive around for awhile. But the traffic was terrible with all of the motorcycles. All around the port area and The Strand were tents with things for motorcyclist to look at and buy. It was a fun fair type of atmosphere. The parking lots had what looked like thousands of motorcycles. The streets were bumper to bumper motorcycles in the Strand area.

On board the Ecstasy we went to the top deck and enjoyed looking down at the activity going on around the port area, and that is just a small part of the rally. .

Is it open on Sunday evening? It is our anniversary and I sure would love to eat there again :)

If so, do I need to wait until we board, or can I call Carnival and make the reservations?

I answered your other thread about Sunday reservations - here was the response -

I made our reservation for the Point Supper Club online for Sunday - embarkation day - which was my birthday. When we got on board I went to confirm our reservation. The gentleman taking reservations told me he was glad I stopped by, they were trying to get a hold of me. We were the only ones with reservations for Sunday night and they would not be open for just one reservation. We were allowed to pick any night and if it was full we would be worked in. We did pick another night and had no problems. We just celebrated my birthday again. :D It was a wonderful meal.

I found this place last night! Wow, I sure wish I had found it sooner. We have a sail date of 9/7/8. This will be our first, and possibly only cruise. It took a year of overtime to pay for it. It is however the second one we paid for. The government took the ship the day we were to leave as a result of Katrina. Oh they refunded, but that did not keep the wife crying for a week.

Our cabin will be 9210 on the Lido deck. Good, bad, or indifferent?

Cappers ... my old eyes can't read what is on them, are they a daily list of things to do?

Any and all suggestions appreciated. In the mean time I've got lots of reading to do!

dww

I found this place last night! Wow, I sure wish I had found it sooner. We have a sail date of 9/7/8. This will be our first, and possibly only cruise. It took a year of overtime to pay for it. It is however the second one we paid for. The government took the ship the day we were to leave as a result of Katrina. Oh they refunded, but that did not keep the wife crying for a week.

Cappers ... my old eyes can't read what is on them, are they a daily list of things to do?

Any and all suggestions appreciated. In the mean time I've got lots of reading to do!

dww

I am so sorry about your first cruise. I can't imagine how disappointed I would be, due to a cancellation of my vacation. I don't know about your cabin selection, but hopefully you will receive a answer soon.

The Carnival Capers are a daily list of things to do on the ship. I just pulled out my Capers from two years ago, and am already planning our days LOL.

I think you can only reserve that far in advance by calling the hotel directly. Im trying right now to reserve the Ramada Ltd across from Hooters for my sept 09 date and looks like they may be taking reservations thru 2009. Depends on the hotel.

Well I can see a rate online, but when I called the hotel, they said I had to call reservations, who said they can only reserve thru 2008??!! said she cannot see information that I can see online on her end. le grrr

Hotwire looks like I can reserve about 11 months ahead, but you cant be sure of getting a hotel that has cruise parking.

I hope you are able to book something reasonable. I'm seriously considering canceling our cruise as I don't want to have to pay $250 plus each for two rooms on this Motorcycle Rally weekend. :(

Mike1733,

When exactly are you cruising? Where are you coming from? I'm not trying to be nosey, just trying to understan why your having such a hard finding a room. I have stayed in Galveston during the bike rally and have never paid $200.00 for a room. Now I may not have stayed in the hotel/motel of my choice but I had a room. There is a hotel, that almost always has a room, it's old ,worn out and looks abused [ The flagship ]. You can stay anywhere for 1 night. I have stayed there as a last resort and it is on the beach. Stayed there last Memorial Day weekend 3 nights, short notice and the only place with a room left unless you have unlimited funds.

Julie

dww

You didn't say what ship you are sailing on. I know you will have a blast whichever one it is.

The Capers are like a guide of all the things to to the next day. You will get them on your bed at night when they pull the covers back for you. (Pack a magnifying glass:) ) Don't miss the Newly Wed - Not so Newly Wed Game. It is hilarious. My husband tried to volunteer us to participate, but I would not join him, the cruise director told my husband, laughingly, that both parties had to be willing participants:o . It was so funny!

I am glad you found this site, it is very helpful. Any questions, just ask away and someone will answer!

Cathy

I hope you are able to book something reasonable. I'm seriously considering canceling our cruise as I don't want to have to pay $250 plus each for two rooms on this Motorcycle Rally weekend. :(

Mike,

If you mean you're traveling this year, I booked in Webster, about 30 minutes North of Galveston. You are correct about the hotel situation in Galveston. The cheapest room I could find was $269.99, and that was at the Quality Inn :eek: We called the hotels directly, tried several different internet searches, and even tried American Express customer service to no avail.

dww

I'm sorry about you missing your first cruise. We will be on the 9/7 cruise with you! We're on the Lido deck also, and from everything I've read, it's one of the best decks to be on. :)

You'll have a wonderful time, and may rethink this being your only cruise. It's very hard to stop once you start... :D

Mike,

If you mean you're traveling this year, I booked in Webster, about 30 minutes North of Galveston. You are correct about the hotel situation in Galveston. The cheapest room I could find was $269.99, and that was at the Quality Inn :eek: We called the hotels directly, tried several different internet searches, and even tried American Express customer service to no avail.

We are booked for Nov 1, 2009. We would fly in to Houston the day before the cruise. I'd have to book 3 rooms as we are bringing our kids and their spouses. I should have googled the date before I booked. With the changes in pricing for midship rooms I figure I'd better change today if I'm going to do it.:(

Mike1733,

When exactly are you cruising? Where are you coming from? I'm not trying to be nosey, just trying to understan why your having such a hard finding a room. I have stayed in Galveston during the bike rally and have never paid $200.00 for a room. Now I may not have stayed in the hotel/motel of my choice but I had a room. There is a hotel, that almost always has a room, it's old ,worn out and looks abused [ The flagship ]. You can stay anywhere for 1 night. I have stayed there as a last resort and it is on the beach. Stayed there last Memorial Day weekend 3 nights, short notice and the only place with a room left unless you have unlimited funds.

Julie

We could stay in Houston and then go to Galveston the morning of the cruise but I'm concerned about the traffic. Would hate to have a problem last minute.

We could stay in Houston and then go to Galveston the morning of the cruise but I'm concerned about the traffic. Would hate to have a problem last minute.

I understand, that is why I booked in Webster, which is located about 30 miles North of Galveston. There are several towns between Houston and Galveston and you could also try some of the hotels around the NASA area.